Sign in to follow this  
Tommo

Available free transfers

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

if you have to choose one free transfer from this list (taking into account our wage structure and playing in the championship next season) who would you pick that would fit Farke’s seeking of quality experienced players ?

i can’t see us spending the cash to achieve this so will either be a free or loan. My pick would be James Chester 

4 minutes ago, Tommo said:

if you have to choose one free transfer from this list (taking into account our wage structure and playing in the championship next season) who would you pick that would fit Farke’s seeking of quality experienced players ?

i can’t see us spending the cash to achieve this so will either be a free or loan. My pick would be James Chester 

There are lots of interesting players there. If you're looking at realistic targets, I wouldn't be surprised to see us target someone like Knoche given the tendency to use the German market.

I wouldn't be disappointed to see us take a punt on Baston as a value-for-money backup/alternative to Pukki.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommo said:

What about Ross McCormack? I know many on here were desperate to get him before - he'd be a snip at £50,000 a week 😀

• Haha 1

Agree Knoche would be a great signing. Chester is a solid defender and very experienced at this level.

also noted Oscar Hiljemark is available , whom we were rumoured to be interested in around 2016 time. Defensive midfielder as well 

1 minute ago, lharman7 said:

Wouldnt mind a punt on Elias Kachunga either and he fits the bill of having German experience too

I noticed him too and checked his stats. Four League goals in three seasons doesn't fill me with confidence. 

I guess it will depend on who leaves and what positions are still deemed a priority.

Jordon Ibe is an interesting name: homegrown, only 24 and needs a new home to reignite his career. He has been linked with clubs who would probably offer higher wages though (Palace, Derby, Celtic).

I'd take a punt on Jordan Ibe. 

He's reached a cross roads in his career where he's maybe not seen in the best light and potentially seen a risk to far for some clubs, maybe a stint at a club like ours where he's maybe out of the spotlight and in quiet leafy Norwich might be a good way of kick starting his career again, he's clearly talented and at 24 maybe realisation might kick in soon that he needs to knuckle down.

Suspect his wages would be the problem but £20k a week is more than nothing.

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I noticed him too and checked his stats. Four League goals in three seasons doesn't fill me with confidence. 

I guess it will depend on who leaves and what positions are still deemed a priority.

Jordon Ibe is an interesting name: homegrown, only 24 and needs a new home to reignite his career. He has been linked with clubs who would probably offer higher wages though (Palace, Derby, Celtic).

Webber signed Ibe for the Liverpool academy when he was there so will know the player well. I suspect Ibe will get offers to be a backup player for a Premier League club and I don’t think Norwich could offer him a starting role. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

Anyone know much about Gaston Silva? 26 year old Uruguayan left footed center back. Would a work permit be an issue?

50 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Webber signed Ibe for the Liverpool academy when he was there so will know the player well. I suspect Ibe will get offers to be a backup player for a Premier League club and I don’t think Norwich could offer him a starting role. 

Potentially... it depends who they are expecting to sell. If Buendia leaves, Ibe would have Martin and Sinani(?) as competition on the right hand side. 

It's obviously speculation, but it could be an excellent bit of business to get him on a free.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Agreed. That's what I meant by priorities and who leaves, as there are lots of good players on that list but we have a bloated squad right now, so even with a few departures we're pretty well covered.

I'd say at the moment the priorities would be centre back and centre forward, plus a backup goalkeeper and a left back if Lewis goes.

4 hours ago, Tommo said:

Agree Knoche would be a great signing. Chester is a solid defender and very experienced at this level.

also noted Oscar Hiljemark is available , whom we were rumoured to be interested in around 2016 time. Defensive midfielder as well 

Hiljemark is a very decent player but we probably now have what we want with Sorensen.

That Duncan Watmore was good when he burst on the scene and really rapid from memory. He could be worth a punt for a year

1 hour ago, Yellow and Green said:

Potentially... it depends who they are expecting to sell. If Buendia leaves, Ibe would have Martin and Sinani(?) as competition on the right hand side. 

It's obviously speculation, but it could be an excellent bit of business to get him on a free.

I think we will see Placheta on right side of attack more than the left. Farke has pretty much always played with inverted wingers - so right footers on the left and vice versa. 

I also think at least one out of Emi and Cantwell will be at Norwich next season. 

12 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I think we will see Placheta on right side of attack more than the left. Farke has pretty much always played with inverted wingers - so right footers on the left and vice versa. 

I also think at least one out of Emi and Cantwell will be at Norwich next season. 

Any hunch as to which is most likely to leave? And would there be a chance of a loan-back if either were sold to a PL club, or do you think the club would rather just move on than go down that route?

Lyle Taylor the striker, who we've been linked to before. 

1 in 2 striker in this league for Charlton this season, homegrown so help with that match day quota, and will push Drmic down the pecking order. 

Although he's 30 he's had a big rise in football from non-league so will be hungry for a last chance to reach the top tier.

2 hours ago, Big O said:

That Duncan Watmore was good when he burst on the scene and really rapid from memory. He could be worth a punt for a year

Only thing he really had was pace and after years of bad knee injuries I doubt he's got that now, no thanks. 

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Any hunch as to which is most likely to leave? And would there be a chance of a loan-back if either were sold to a PL club, or do you think the club would rather just move on than go down that route?

No real hunch who’d not be sold. Could just be a case of whichever player gets a buyer first. 

Absolutely no chance of a loan back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only thing he really had was pace and after years of bad knee injuries I doubt he's got that now, no thanks. 

Fair point, poor fella, he looked pretty good when the beat us 3-0 down here in the Alex Neil era 

Why would anyone want Jordan Ibe? His attitude is worst than his ability, which is woeful at best. He makes Jesse Lingard look like Neymar.

On 02/08/2020 at 17:11, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I'm not that convinced. Do we have any left footed left wingers... or at least did we before Placheta? Buendia, Cantwell and Hernandez are all right footed.

I don't think it is any surprise that we have signed three players who are left footed who can all play left wing. Farke also said in a recent interview that he wanted to add more pace as Hernandez was the only player that really has it in our squad. Why would he say that only to play one or the other? He now has the opportunity to play with outright pace on both flanks.

In terms of freebies, and I suspect it will depend very much on who goes, but Jordan Rhodes is on a free now as well, and I really wouldn't be surprised to see him back with us. At 30, he's still not that old and he had a decent impact on our promotion season. Would fit what Farke has said in wanted some experienced Championship operators around the squad.

Is rhodes the type of striker Farke wants now tho. One who plays off the shoulder and runs all game. That's not Rhodes.

On 02/08/2020 at 15:55, Big O said:

On 02/08/2020 at 18:35, TeemuVanBasten said:

Aaaaanndd.... Brace on his debut for Middlesbrough against Swansea.

Shows what I know, good shout Big O! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Aaaaanndd.... Brace on his debut for Middlesbrough against Swansea.

Shows what I know, good shout Big O! 

Though that said, if he hadn't scored a brace tonight and we had lost, Swansea would be top...