Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Eddie Howe Leaves Bournemouth

They could end up being completely uncompetitive at this rate. Speculation of course and depends who they bring in.

If he was the one who chose all the awful players (and not bournmouths board or coaches) they signed then don't even joke about him coming here

seriously though, feel this is it for Bournmouth. He was the one who took them there, Mr.Bournemouth himself. Freefall incoming? Back down to Leauge two?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

16 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Wow ... stupidity.

really ?

they maintained their position in the PL through unsustainable amounts of debt and high wage levels

my though is that he may well have been in control of the coaching side, but the player purchase had another aim, as has the club's owner

I would expect a fairly hefty 'fire sale' now

1 hour ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Wow ... stupidity.

Why is he stupid?

He left the club by mutual consent. Looking at the Bournemouth forum it sounds as if it was very much his decision and he wasn't sacked. Their fans are not happy as in saddened.

Because as dim as they are they still imagine  him as some kind of messiah, rather than the front man for a load of 'dodgy' money from a dodgy russkie..... with no hint of money laundering through high value transfers.... no, not at all

absolutely not

definitely 😏

I've been told that he was on very high pay for a PL manager/coach.  No idea how much more but .....  

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why is he stupid?

He left the club by mutual consent. Looking at the Bournemouth forum it sounds as if it was very much his decision and he wasn't sacked. Their fans are not happy as in saddened.

Sorry... I didn't read the story carefully! I assumed that he'd been fired.

• Like 1

Bournemouth and Watford were both promoted at the end of the 2014/15 season. Bournemouth finished 1 point ahead of Watford. They’ve both been relegated at the end of the 2019/20 season. They were level on points. Over the 5 seasons, Bournemouth won 1 more point than Watford. Over the 5 seasons, Bournemouth have had 1 manager and Watford have had 6. Watford are routinely criticised for their policy of rotating managers. Bournemouth are the press darlings.

28 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Bournemouth and Watford were both promoted at the end of the 2014/15 season. Bournemouth finished 1 point ahead of Watford. They’ve both been relegated at the end of the 2019/20 season. They were level on points. Over the 5 seasons, Bournemouth won 1 more point than Watford. Over the 5 seasons, Bournemouth have had 1 manager and Watford have had 6. Watford are routinely criticised for their policy of rotating managers. Bournemouth are the press darlings.

Basically it's the same teams that were promoted in our play off year  coming down with us..

I’ve read his letter and no mention of this season being a success in the medium to long term, odd that!

9 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

I’ve read his letter and no mention of this season being a success in the medium to long term, odd that!

hows things at poorman road ?

how would you describe your season ?

13 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Wow ... stupidity.

Yes agree - Bournemouth had a better chance of getting straight back up with Howe

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

So were they “established” in the Premier League then?

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So were they “established” in the Premier League then?

They bought a 5 year commercial lease to see if the business was sustainable, it wasnt ,so they are downsizing expectations from now.

5 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Yes agree - Bournemouth had a better chance of getting straight back up with Howe

really ?

B'mouth are fcked, burdened  with huge debt

they will follow the path of Huddersfield, Sunderland, Blackpool and slowly sink without trace

don't mistake spending way beyond your means with good management

check Howes record at Burnley

32 minutes ago, Bill said:

hows things at poorman road ?

how would you describe your season ?

I’m a Norwich season ticket holder and thought Farke’s comments ridiculous. Presumably Norwich supporters are allowed to have different views?

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

really ?

B'mouth are fcked, burdened  with huge debt

they will follow the path of Huddersfield, Sunderland, Blackpool and slowly sink without trace

don't mistake spending way beyond your means with good management

check Howes record at Burnley

Bill, I agree that due to the financial burden to the club they could fall down through the divisions. Howe had an obligation to keep them in the Prem so had expensive acquisitions through the seasons. He has to carry the blame for that, but his football nous for the seasons when they went up and stayed up should not be ignored. Example - he used Andrew Surman for a majority of the 5 seasons in the Prem - none of our managers could get anything out of him (Surman). With the predicament they are in, they are surely better off with someone who knows the club and it's players than someone whose out to make a buck.

5 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

none of our managers could get anything out of him (Surman)

Sorry but there must have been two Surmans as the one I saw did a decent job for us, he played a lot in our promotion season didn’t he ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Sorry but there must have been two Surmans as the one I saw did a decent job for us, he played a lot in our promotion season didn’t he ?

We didn't play him at CM in the Prem Fenway . We always went for Tettey and Bradley to protect our defence.

28 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

We didn't play him at CM in the Prem Fenway . We always went for Tettey and Bradley to protect our defence.

He played left midfield

6 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

He played left midfield

Yes, he played left midfield for us but surprisingly central pivot for Bournemouth

2 hours ago, Alfie54 said:

Yes because they're saddled with massive debt. 😂

55 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Yes, he played left midfield for us but surprisingly central pivot for Bournemouth

We had David Pirlo Fox