Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

What?

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ok, so why was Drmic sent off, minimal contact was actually made, not that you’d know from the reaction of player and bench.

Because at the moment he tackled the player he had both feet off the ground, one above the ball with his studs up. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Let's hope we won't be bemoaning crap Championship referees and no VAR to correct things.

Well... let’s hope we do. Football is objective - if us NCFC supporters had nothing to bemoan or apply clan mentality to we’d have nothing. 🍋🍏

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Because at the moment he tackled the player he had both feet off the ground, one above the ball with his studs up. 

Didn't you read what I posted what Mike Riley had instructed?

So much to frustrate related to this game. Drinks breaks, five substitutions..., please, please have this binned off before next season. They just disrupt the game whilst giving huge advantage to teams with deep squads. Why even bother with VAR if it still makes so many poor final decisions? Given the time to make the decision I assume Kovacic’s second yellow was looked at- never, ever a yellow. And then so many instances of pathetic time wasting by Arsenal late on, throwing themselves over when obviously not touched, all pretty pathetic really. A telling comment in the commentary about the comparison with the National League Play Off. Top level football in this country is now a parody of the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Didn't you read what I posted what Mike Riley had instructed?

Yes that two footed challenges are red cards regardless of the contact. Which is what I’ve just said about Drmic’s red isn’t it - at the time of the challenge he had two feet off the ground, one above the ball, with studs up, red card. What in the post you’ve quoted suggests I haven’t read what you posted previously?

Edited by Aggy

27 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

As an aside, seeing all the suited men holding doors open at Wembley.

Who are all the blokes in suits standing in the tunnel at Carrow Road during a game? They look a bit old to be security.

Larkman Mafia😉

17 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Yes that two footed challenges are red cards regardless of the contact. Which is what I’ve just said about Drmic’s red isn’t it - at the time of the challenge he had two feet off the ground, one above the ball, with studs up, red card. What in the post you’ve quoted suggests I haven’t read what you posted previously?

That according to theinstruction to refs, any player with both feet offthe ground during any part of the tackle is out of control and should be sent off.

So yes to Drmic and yes today.

16 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

That according to theinstruction to refs, any player with both feet offthe ground during any part of the tackle is out of control and should be sent off.

So yes to Drmic and yes today.

Branston asked why Drmic was a red when there was hardly any contact and I said because it was a two footed challenge?

As for today, having just rewatched it, his second trailing foot is behind him at all times. I’d argue the challenge is one footed - if his second foot is behind him at all times, how is he challenging with the second foot?

Edited by Aggy

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ok, so why was Drmic sent off, minimal contact was actually made, not that you’d know from the reaction of player and bench.

Drmic  lunged and was outta control studs up ,there was no malice or intent by him ,he was just frustrated he'd lost the ball but by the letter of the law ,it's a straight red now.

Yeah, that Danny Murphy, what does he know about football. 

Oh-600 appearances in a 20 year career? Ok, perhaps he does know a bit then.