Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Chelsea tossa has feet off ground and catches Arsenal player. Eddie Murphy says yellow card at worst. Studs showing wirh feet off ground.

Norwich tossa does it and its a red. 

Glad we won' t be listening to EPL shoite pundits and referees.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Last man, instant red.

 

...Least that's what I was always told it was

Gave a penalty, I think it’s one or the other now, the double jeopardy thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Gave a penalty, I think it’s one or the other now, the double jeopardy thing

He’d already showed the yellow card before he knew it was a pen though? I think he assessed it as yellow straight  away as there was another covering defender. Agree on the ‘studs up’ though, they only appear to be red if you don’t play for one of the ‘top 6’.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Chelsea tossa has feet off ground and catches Arsenal player. Eddie Murphy says yellow card at worst. Studs showing wirh feet off ground.

Norwich tossa does it and its a red. 

Glad we won' t be listening to EPL shoite pundits and referees.

Only one foot off the ground, studs weren’t up, catches him with the top of his boot. Never a red.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Only one foot off the ground, studs weren’t up, catches him with the top of his boot. Never a red.

Watch it again. At one time, both are off the ground. Deemed out of control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Watch it again. At one time, both are off the ground. Deemed out of control.

Not at point of contact though. If the rule was a red any time both feet were off the ground there’d be a sending off every time anyone went up for a header! studs aren’t up, leg is sideways, not over the top of the ball, contact made with the top of his boot. Drmic had both feet off the ground at time of contact, both with studs up, one over the top of the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can make 5 substitutes but only stop the game 3 times to make them..... I understand it but Why?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

You can make 5 substitutes but only stop the game 3 times to make them..... I understand it but Why?????

To stop the game from being ruined - how much do you think the ball will be in play for the last 10 if they can do subs 5 times?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chelsea robbed by the ref.... why no VAR ?? The beautiful game ruined by referees

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Chelsea robbed by the ref.... why no VAR ?? The beautiful game ruined by referees

 

It’s already been ruined by money.

Discuss....🤔

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

To stop the game from being ruined - how much do you think the ball will be in play for the last 10 if they can do subs 5 times?!

The games ruined by idiots that watch slowmo over and over and over and still come up with a poor decision in a van in Stockley Park - that was no way a second yellow and substitution wouldn’t cost that much time over Stockley idiocy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Chelsea robbed by the ref.... why no VAR ?? The beautiful game ruined by referees

 

This is exactly why we have VAR. Referees just cannot be trusted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Not at point of contact though. If the rule was a red any time both feet were off the ground there’d be a sending off every time anyone went up for a header! studs aren’t up, leg is sideways, not over the top of the ball, contact made with the top of his boot. Drmic had both feet off the ground at time of contact, both with studs up, one over the top of the ball.

It isn't about the feet the way you describe it. It is about both being off the ground and being out of control. And he was out of control.

Referees are to be ordered to punish all two-footed challenges with red cards in a hardline move to clear up confusion over dangerous tackles.

An imminent instruction from referees’ chief Mike Riley will apply whether or not there is contact or injury to an opponent — and even if the ball is won first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAR or not, why are players so concerned with getting an opponent booked or sent off?

Remember Buendia's love tap that had the player rolling around in agony.

So many are more adept at cheating than anything else.

To be honest, I would ban action replays during a live game. Show them after but it isn't helping with the Drone that is Murphy, throwing in his so called knowledge. We don't need him. Just the commentator and no replays until the game is over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It isn't about the feet the way you describe it. It is about both being off the ground and being out of control. And he was out of control.

Referees are to be ordered to punish all two-footed challenges with red cards in a hardline move to clear up confusion over dangerous tackles.

An imminent instruction from referees’ chief Mike Riley will apply whether or not there is contact or injury to an opponent — and even if the ball is won first.

Yes but at point of contact he has one foot on the ground. Surely it’s about when the tackle is made not what happens before the tackle is made? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Yes but at point of contact he has one foot on the ground. Surely it’s about when the tackle is made not what happens before the tackle is made? 

Surely its during. Whenever both feet are off is deemed out of control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Last man, instant red.

 

...Least that's what I was always told it was

No such thing as ' last man ' its whether or not  he is denied a clear goals scoring opportunity.  He wasnt as there was a covering player. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Yes but at point of contact he has one foot on the ground. Surely it’s about when the tackle is made not what happens before the tackle is made? 

Ok, so why was Drmic sent off, minimal contact was actually made, not that you’d know from the reaction of player and bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, seeing all the suited men holding doors open at Wembley.

Who are all the blokes in suits standing in the tunnel at Carrow Road during a game? They look a bit old to be security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...