Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Agree.  Never played to his strengths when here.  Not the physique to play on his own up front.  Glad he has done well in Holland and then Switzerland and overcome the brain aneurysm.

Last June my Mum suffered a brain aneurysm. I know first hand they can be life changing. Really glad to see Ricky is not only ok but getting back to football 👍

• Like 1

for that split second when he headed that goal v Everton, I thought we'd finally "made it" as a mid table prem side. Shame he never got going really as there's definitely a decent player there with the right set up. Sadly I don't think he was suited to a team in the prem largely on the back foot. Someone like Holty would always put a shift in even with us getting a 4 nil hiding vs the big boys where as with Ricky, he needed a goal to be considered as having a good game. More importantly, glad he seems to be over the worst of his health problems and can get back playing, he seems to have done pretty well since he left us.

Pleased he's recovered and able to play again, delighted for him.

But let's not pretend he wasn't anything other than absolutely dreadful during his time here. Weirdly, less stick than Drmic has got.

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

But let's not pretend he wasn't anything other than absolutely dreadful during his time here. Weirdly, less stick than Drmic has got.

Maybe the transfer fee had something to do with that, nice touches though in matches. 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:
22 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe the transfer fee had something to do with that, nice touches though in matches. 

Yes, he did have some good touches - one match I went to he got a standing ovation coming off the pitch - think it was the Spurs game where we won 1-0, for his terrific work rate and his tenacity in winning the ball and setting up the goal. Not all bad, just never found his feet in a side that could not keep the ball well enough, or when they did keep it long enough it was usually at the feet of Snodgrass who invariably held on to it too long..... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, he did have some good touches - one match I went to he got a standing ovation coming off the pitch - think it was the Spurs game where we won 1-0, for his terrific work rate and his tenacity in winning the ball and setting up the goal. Not all bad, just never found his feet in a side that could not keep the ball well enough, or when they did keep it long enough it was usually at the feet of Snodgrass who invariably held on to it too long..... 

Yeah but when Snodgrass had the ball we actually stood a chance of creating or scoring a goal. When Ricky has the ball we stood a good chance of immediately losing it.

Come on guys, we've done the RvW situation to death.

Whatever your views on him as a player here, it's great to see he's made a full recovery from such a dangerous problem and I wish him nothing but the best going forwards.

• Like 4

I can’t help it but whenever I see a picture of Ricky I immediately visualise FeedTheWolf 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I read a book a week, me.

Screw your blockbusters and don't f with the big boys

Born to run the Norwich branch! 

• Haha 1

On 02/08/2020 at 00:27, Mr Angry said:

I can’t help it but whenever I see a picture of Ricky I immediately visualise FeedTheWolf 🤣

Bump.

And sorry.

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I've checked everything, and it's come down to the calculator

I could keep doing these all day… 

if you want the rainbow you’ve got to put up with the rain…do you know which ‘philosopher’ said that? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

if you want the rainbow you’ve got to put up with the rain…do you know which ‘philosopher’ said that? 

Dolly Parton! And people say... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

I personally won't rest until this forum is just references to this masterpiece, and you and I have taken the 'most annoying posters' mantle from... well, you know who they are.

Oh, and get that dog out of my sight.

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I personally won't rest until this forum is just references to this masterpiece, and you and I have taken the 'most annoying posters' mantle from... well, you know who they are.

Oh, and get that dog out of my sight.

Masterpiece? It just left me cold I have to admit. The only good thing I can see in it is Mackenzie Crook, who did go on to make a masterpiece in the form of Detectorists.

Edit: having thought about it a little more, the key difference between The Office and Detectorists is the former laughs at its characters (as generally seems to be the case with Ricky Gervais). The latter loves them. “Utterly free from snark” as I saw a review say.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Masterpiece? It just left me cold I have to admit.

More seriously, I think if people want to know what Britain was like in the 00s, they just have to watch it. Held the mirror up to nature like few other programmes I've seen - I think it's a work of genius. And I say that as someone who has very mixed feelings about Gervais generally. He's certainly done nothing better.

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Was it the "philosopher" who said: "You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need."?

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Was it the "philosopher" who said: "You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes you get what you need."?

Ooooh don’t you know? 

it’s a little word in management that I think is important called morale! 

he’s put my stapler in jelly 

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Masterpiece? It just left me cold I have to admit. The only good thing I can see in it is Mackenzie Crook, who did go on to make a masterpiece in the form of Detectorists.

Edit: having thought about it a little more, the key difference between The Office and Detectorists is the former laughs at its characters (as generally seems to be the case with Ricky Gervais). The latter loves them. “Utterly free from snark” as I saw a review say.

Martin Freeman has had a pretty good career to be fair

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Ooooh don’t you know? 

it’s a little word in management that I think is important called morale! 

he’s put my stapler in jelly 

Or as another "philosopher" said:

"And now I know that all I've learned my kid assumes,

And that my deepest problems will be his cartoons."

• Haha 1