Sign in to follow this  
The Raptor

Chris Martin?

'Former Norwich City striker Chris Martin has seen his seven-year spell with Derby County come to an end, making him a free agent this summer at the age of 31'

IF the wages were ok I'd have him back on a short term deal. See how it goes next season.

• Haha 2

Why would you? Have you banged your head and lost your memory? 

Guy was limited and had no pace 5 years ago! 

20 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

'Former Norwich City striker Chris Martin has seen his seven-year spell with Derby County come to an end, making him a free agent this summer at the age of 31'

IF the wages were ok I'd have him back on a short term deal. See how it goes next season.

If you're serious, you need your head checked.

4 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

that's no more a ridiculous suggestion than bringing back Jordan Rhodes, but in both cases, it's not a good idea.    

Both shouldn't be considered.

• Like 1

I knew it wouldn’t take long for somebody to suggest having him back. Serious question..... why? I’d be interested to hear the argument as to how he’d be an improvement for us? 

just to be clear, your opinion is your opinion, just as valid as anyone’s but just keen to understand your thought process behind it.

16 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I knew it wouldn’t take long for somebody to suggest having him back. Serious question..... why? I’d be interested to hear the argument as to how he’d be an improvement for us? 

just to be clear, your opinion is your opinion, just as valid as anyone’s but just keen to understand your thought process behind it.

I'm not saying we should bring him back, often when players return to a club it doesn't work.  That said, he does link play really well, can hold the ball up and we have no strikers who can do that.  Probably doesn't fit into how Farke wants to play though and it's not a progressive signing.  A player to bring on for the last 10 minutes for something different is all the value I could see in it.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

Asking most posters on here to articulate their point is futile as they seem to rapidly go quiet when you do!!! 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course your right, but it's hard to respect it when there's rarely any meat on the bone by way of justification!   

• Haha 1

image.jpeg.b914ecb8d01748075b7eff1fb23089a1.jpeg

I particularly liked his last minute Goal against Doirty Leeds...Alas he's not for us now I'm afraid, although with his Norfolk roots he could always try King's Lynn?.... 

Completely unsuited to our style of play, due to his lack of pace and mobility. 

Is a good player though and I'm sure he'll have some decent offers on the table. 

3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Even if having him back was a good idea, which it isn't, its likely according to Derby fans that he has left Derby because he wasn't happy with the length of the deal on the table rather than the weekly wage so I don't consider it likely that he'd accept a 'short term' one here.

As a 31 year old he's probably looking for somebody to give him a 3 year deal so he can see his career out.

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He isn't, he''s gone back to Italy.

Watch out Signoras....Chasing Fahgina in Reggina....

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I should think Ipswich may be interested in Chris Martin 

Way out of their league, literally and financially.

31, looked a bit overweight recently and scored what, 15 odd goals in his last 100 championship apps?

Saying that, at his best he was a very good link up striker for Derby

Obviously he wouldn't be more than a one season player if we intend on challenging again.

I have heard worse shouts. We do know how he plays and what he brings.

Probably not in SW's mind.

54 minutes ago, hogesar said:

31, looked a bit overweight recently and scored what, 15 odd goals in his last 100 championship apps?

Saying that, at his best he was a very good link up striker for Derby

Last season: 35 league games, 11 goals, 6 assists.

On a free, with acceptable wages, he'd be a great Pukki backup, assuming our lead vocalist leaves. At the very least, it doesn't appear he'd be injured every 5 minutes.

OTBC

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Last season: 35 league games, 11 goals, 6 assists.

On a free, with acceptable wages, he'd be a great Pukki backup, assuming our lead vocalist leaves. At the very least, it doesn't appear he'd be injured every 5 minutes.

OTBC

You can't argue with that return. We need a back up to Pukki (or his replacement) and I'm not convinced either way that's Idah. All very well having young players to develop, we need some experience as well and Martin is a natural finisher. Drmic isn't.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think he's a League 1 player now

I think the point still stands, he's too good for them. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Kyle Lafferty will probably be available in January.

Lafferty is always available