Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Fan Consultation Over Crowd Return.

Recommended Posts

I just commented on it on an existing thread too.

The offer of a live stream to those unsuccessful in the ballots is a nice idea, but I can't see everyone accepting that in lieu of a refund or credit, so wonder how that will work.

When there is more than one ST holder per household, giving each person a streaming pass isn't much benefit. A family of 4 might be entitled to nearly £70-£80 in pro-rata refunds, whereas they could purchase an iFollow stream for the game for £10 I believe?

With the darlings of Sky, Leeds, not in the division anymore, we might find more of our games are on Sky too, which families may have, or again, could buy a day pass for £10ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

I just commented on it on an existing thread too.

The offer of a live stream to those unsuccessful in the ballots is a nice idea, but I can't see everyone accepting that in lieu of a refund or credit, so wonder how that will work.

When there is more than one ST holder per household, giving each person a streaming pass isn't much benefit. A family of 4 might be entitled to nearly £70-£80 in pro-rata refunds, whereas they could purchase an iFollow stream for the game for £10 I believe?

With the darlings of Sky, Leeds, not in the division anymore, we might find more of our games are on Sky too, which families may have, or again, could buy a day pass for £10ish.

Just saw your post Captain and we obviously crossed by a minute or so.

I think there would be quite a significant number who would be uncomfortable entering Carrow Road until life returns to normal because they are classified as vunerable and have underlying health issues. Finding out who these people are is a bit of a logistical nightmare but that would make a lucky dip lottery somewhat easier to manage.

Families of course are a big issue if say dad,mum and the kids all have season tickets sitting together. Is it fair for one to get a ticket but the rest have to stay at home ?

Loads of questions but no answers as yet and hope any suggestions arising from this consultation are relayed to all who will be concerned ( all 22,000 ) and not be confined to social media and website posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is attending one of these forums could you put forward this suggestion:-

id like to see some sort of opt out for next season, whereby you are refunded the whole season ticket cost immediately but do not lose the option on your seat, I think this would actually appeal to a surprising number of fans.  As there  are a lot of people that I have spoken with who are either shielding or not comfortable at mixing with large crowds atm.  Plus there are people who just don't feel like returning under these circumstances as it may not be much fun at all.  

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First thing that should probably happen is all ST holders are asked if they want to attend this season - or lets say in 2020.

I've been speaking to friends who have season tickets at other clubs. Spurs and West Ham both have said they'll have ballots. West Ham seems to be automatic, and suggests it will group households together, so no risk of 1 member being successful and other missing out. Also mentions that you won't have the same people getting tickets and the same missing out, it will be done fairly. What West Ham have also done though is said, if you're not comfortable coming, you need to transfer your ST to a friend or family member, to enter the ballot. You can't simply opt out altogether from what I understand.

A colleague has one at 1p5wich and their ST holders were asked to complete a survey on their views, how they travel in etc.

Personally, I'd be happy to attend games, and I don't mind sitting in the same block, or close to it. My journey is by car, and I travel alone. It takes over an hour though - so if I'm allocated an early entry time for an evening game, it might be tricky with work. If everyone is wearing masks, observing social distancing etc, I'd be happy to be there though.

If unsuccessful, I wouldn't choose to have a streaming pass, instead of a refund/credit. I don't really enjoy watching the games on TV, so it isn't for me. It would be worse with an iFollow stream with a single camera or similar set up too! If we were on TV though, and it was a match I really wanted to watch, I could buy a pass if I choose to, for less than the price I would have paid for my ticket.

Edited by CaptCanary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd be happy to pay my season ticket as normal for live access to games via streaming. Not as good, but better than the radio. 

Should have made clear that I am shielded (until tomorrow) and would be very nervous about returning in current circumstances.

Edited by Badger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ren said:

If anyone is attending one of these forums could you put forward this suggestion:-

id like to see some sort of opt out for next season, whereby you are refunded the whole season ticket cost immediately but do not lose the option on your seat, I think this would actually appeal to a surprising number of fans.  As there  are a lot of people that I have spoken with who are either shielding or not comfortable at mixing with large crowds atm.  Plus there are people who just don't feel like returning under these circumstances as it may not be much fun at all.  

 

 

Seconded. My gym reopened but gave those of us who aren't comfortable going back yet (and seriously, who would?) the option of postponing for 3 months. If the choice is pay the price of a season ticket or lose it, I can't see the club being very popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'd be happy to pay my season ticket as normal for live access to games via streaming. Not as good, but better than the radio. 

Should have made clear that I am shielded (until tomorrow) and would be very nervous about returning in current circumstances.

Over £20 for a stream? I'd be livid if they even offered it. My mate's a Forest fan and they gave season ticket holders a stream for home games last season (and still refunded the price of the ticket) but it was the iFollow stream; low quality and prone to drop-out.

I'd be wanting my money back, or a much more reasonably-priced stream (for something as low quality as iFollow, I'm thinking in the region of a fiver).

As for going back, I've no concerns about that whatsoever.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate the fan base. Out with all the doddery old blanket-covered, flask-clutching harrumphers and in with a vibrant young fanbase that can keep up with the too-fast shout/singing of the Barclay. 

We might finally hear something other than moaning and snoring from the Geoffrey Watling and it would be great to see the River End bouncing again. We could then have flags all the way round the ground as efforts wouldn't be hampered by arthritic limbs and general displeasure at the sight of other people having some fun. 

If they don't do this, give me a full refund and pay my Broadband for the season I'm going to be apoplectic and start a petition. Or hire an aeroplane or something. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Over £20 for a stream? I'd be livid if they even offered it. My mate's a Forest fan and they gave season ticket holders a stream for home games last season (and still refunded the price of the ticket) but it was the iFollow stream; low quality and prone to drop-out.

I'd be wanting my money back, or a much more reasonably-priced stream (for something as low quality as iFollow, I'm thinking in the region of a fiver).

As for going back, I've no concerns about that whatsoever.

I can see your point but I can't see any liklihood of being confident enough about returning before a vaccine atm. Faced with a choice of missing out altogeth, I'd be happy to pay.

But yes, £20 per stream sounds a lot* - perhaps if they threw in away games as well?

* I can't remember how much I paid ifollow when I was on holiday abroad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate the fan base. Out with all the doddery old blanket-covered, flask-clutching harrumphers and in with a vibrant young fanbase that can keep up with the too-fast shout/singing of the Barclay. 

We might finally hear something other than moaning and snoring from the Geoffrey Watling and it would be great to see the River End bouncing again. We could then have flags all the way round the ground as efforts wouldn't be hampered by arthritic limbs and general displeasure at the sight of other people having some fun. 

If they don't do this, give me a full refund and pay my Broadband for the season I'm going to be apoplectic and start a petition. Or hire an aeroplane or something. 

Miserable git, just because you are old ( ish ) you can’t attend ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't envy any club trying to sort this out as there is no solution that is going to be suitable or fair for everyone.

Personally I go with my daughter and that is a masive part of the experience for me. Obviously I'd rather be at the ground than watching it on TV but if it meant one of us was at the ground and the other watching on TV then to be honest I'd rather stay home together and watch.

I'm with Badger and would be happy to pay the season ticket price in exchange for a quality stream. I know it's not going to be good value but I'd be happy to help the club out in that small way for what will hopefully be a relatively short while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.5d18152aba6a0d18fcde1e369302777d.png

 

I think this is a really good point. As well as those who won't want to attend due to health reasons, there will be those that probably don't want to go until the full matchday experience is back, and also those that go for the social aspect, that won't be sitting with the same people around them that they've been used to.

If the club asked the question, the initial response could be surprising, and could make the jobs of allocating games to those that wish to attend an awful lot easier for them.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the voluntary opt out would make an impact on the 22,000 scrabbling for around 8,000ish tickets making allocation a bit easier for the club.

That is if this forum is a fair reflection of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like the voluntary opt out would make an impact on the 22,000 scrabbling for around 8,000ish tickets making allocation a bit easier for the club.

That is if this forum is a fair reflection of course.

I have no intention of going but I won't  opt out either. If anyone goes on my ticket it will be a member of my family.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the topic of away fans I'd reckon they should be cut right out of the equation. It will limit the need for extra stewarding, travel across the country and opens up more of the stadium for social distancing. Still the problem is you have a large amount of people arriving to an area where several bottlenecks will have to be controlled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I have no intention of going but I won't  opt out either. If anyone goes on my ticket it will be a member of my family.

That may well be your choice of course ricardo assuming that those members of your family are season ticket holders and no proof of ID is required on entry or that tickets issued for any particular game do not have a name printed on them.

However if you pass your ticket on to a non season ticket holder under these awful covid times is that really fair to the thousands of season ticket holders who will be excluded in any ballot you are lucky enough to be pulled out. ? Pre covid times have been a totally different kettle of fish and passing tickets on is and has been totally accepted when all season ticket holders have access.

Edited by TIL 1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just saw your post Captain and we obviously crossed by a minute or so.

I think there would be quite a significant number who would be uncomfortable entering Carrow Road until life returns to normal because they are classified as vunerable and have underlying health issues. Finding out who these people are is a bit of a logistical nightmare but that would make a lucky dip lottery somewhat easier to manage.

Families of course are a big issue if say dad,mum and the kids all have season tickets sitting together. Is it fair for one to get a ticket but the rest have to stay at home ?

Loads of questions but no answers as yet and hope any suggestions arising from this consultation are relayed to all who will be concerned ( all 22,000 ) and not be confined to social media and website posts.

Think you are right there JT. Government briefing this morning doesn’t look good for any sporting events with crowds:

 

The prime minister is set to announce that fans will no longer be permitted to attend the sporting pilot events allowing limited numbers of spectators at Goodwood, the Crucible and the Oval in coming days.

It comes after evidence that the infection rate has risen across the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way things are shaping up, surely there's a market for some sort of TV season ticket, say a fiver a game for all 46 games televised live. Would help with the inevitable loss of revenue if some of that made its way directly to the clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the fans representatives? No one asked me and I’m the greatest fan the club has ever had? I do hope it’s not the doddery old sods who always put themselves forwards and refer to all of the NCFC staff by their first names? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suspend all season tickets for next year and make all tickets available on a membership scheme.

Sell a couple use the money to fund the new stand. And dont waste time.. begin building whilst the application is under consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate the fan base. Out with all the doddery old blanket-covered, flask-clutching harrumphers and in with a vibrant young fanbase that can keep up with the too-fast shout/singing of the Barclay. 

We might finally hear something other than moaning and snoring from the Geoffrey Watling and it would be great to see the River End bouncing again. We could then have flags all the way round the ground as efforts wouldn't be hampered by arthritic limbs and general displeasure at the sight of other people having some fun. 

If they don't do this, give me a full refund and pay my Broadband for the season I'm going to be apoplectic and start a petition. Or hire an aeroplane or something. 

Oi......what about your poor ol’ Dad ? Still maybe he deserves a pass as he always has that ‘ Mr Happy ‘ blanket ? 🙃

 Protest planes are so last century. Hire an old U-boat to glide up the Wensum and give those parochial majority shareholders a good ol’ European what-for 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate the fan base. Out with all the doddery old blanket-covered, flask-clutching harrumphers and in with a vibrant young fanbase that can keep up with the too-fast shout/singing of the Barclay. 

We might finally hear something other than moaning and snoring from the Geoffrey Watling and it would be great to see the River End bouncing again. We could then have flags all the way round the ground as efforts wouldn't be hampered by arthritic limbs and general displeasure at the sight of other people having some fun. 

If they don't do this, give me a full refund and pay my Broadband for the season I'm going to be apoplectic and start a petition. Or hire an aeroplane or something. 

Oh what joy. Where have you been! The news across the whole world is that the younger generation are responsible for the current uptrend! And have you heard of the term discrimination? But discriminating against an age group you are, which is unlawful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

I have no intention of going but I won't  opt out either. If anyone goes on my ticket it will be a member of my family.

That's fair. Let someone without a season ticket go whilst thousands of people who have bought one sit at home.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, canarydan23 said:

That's fair. Let someone without a season ticket go whilst thousands of people who have bought one sit at home.

That will be the case for all season ticket holders 75 percent of the time. When your number does come up it is for you to decide what to do with it.

If your number comes up in the national lottery do you share the winnings with the non winning ticket holders?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One problem is that whatever is decided for the start of the season could well be overtaken by events, and not in a good way. Without trying to make a party political point, the current government has not exactly had a flawless record of consistency or clarity in its decision-making, and if there is a second wave, or the first wave never goes away, and grows again, there could be rapid policy changes that would upset carefully laid plans. It is going to be a nightmare for football clubs.

For myself, I do not fancy the idea of flying anytime soon, and there is also the possibility one would have to quarantine at one end of the journey or the other (or both!) which hardly appeals, so I may be one name they can cross off their rota for the time being. Which is good news for Duncan’s clearheaded eugenics solution...🤓

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't read the details or really considered the consequences of this proposal.

Definitely has the hallmarks of a scheme that Nephew Tom conjured up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

 

If your number comes up in the national lottery do you share the winnings with the non winning ticket holders?

 

It depends how much the begging letters about small children requiring life saving operations tug your heartstrings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, ricardo said:

That will be the case for all season ticket holders 75 percent of the time. When your number does come up it is for you to decide what to do with it.

If your number comes up in the national lottery do you share the winnings with the non winning ticket holders?

 

You are missing the point of this particular situation if i may say ricardo. Yes of course under normal circumstances you may pass your season ticket to whoever if you cannot attend for whatever reason.

This could well be a ballot and is about the individual not the season ticket attending. If you enter the ballot administered because of restrictions placed on attendance because of covid 19 that should not be transferable. If you are successful and cannot attend the ticket should be returned to the club and another name who entered in the ballot should be drawn.

Edited by TIL 1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...