Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Fan Consultation Over Crowd Return.

At the Eden Project today.  Graphically on display is facts about 5 mass extinctions since the earth was created!  Maybe this pandemic is start of the 6th.  Ah well.  Bring on next season and let the fans in.

16 hours ago, ricardo said:
  • Indeed, but if things continue to improve I expect that if our number comes up we will both be there with bells on.👍

In fact Ricardo, whilst  things have been better in Norfolk than most areas, it is not expected to last! It’s no secret that NNUH are gearing up for a second spike forecast for late Sept and October and maybe beyond and contingency plans have been made for that. 

Unfortunately the area has been swamped with ‘staycation visitors’ from many other areas and that is expected to bring trouble. We also have areas like GY where a local  pub worker transmitted the disease to several others, and a nursery has also been affected. It doesn’t take much working out but I personally think NCFC are counting their chickens, and local authority will be the hoops they have to bridge, as well as Govt rules. Yes with 6000/8000  you can self isolate, but it only takes one with unsymptomatic symptoms! That is the risk!

57 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

In fact Ricardo, whilst  things have been better in Norfolk than most areas, it is not expected to last! It’s no secret that NNUH are gearing up for a second spike forecast for late Sept and October and maybe beyond and contingency plans have been made for that. 

Unfortunately the area has been swamped with ‘staycation visitors’ from many other areas and that is expected to bring trouble. We also have areas like GY where a local  pub worker transmitted the disease to several others, and a nursery has also been affected. It doesn’t take much working out but I personally think NCFC are counting their chickens, and local authority will be the hoops they have to bridge, as well as Govt rules. Yes with 6000/8000  you can self isolate, but it only takes one with unsymptomatic symptoms! That is the risk!

6,000 outdoors spread across 27000 seats really shouldn’t be a big risk. 

14 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Trouble is you have to go indoors to get in and out.

Agree 6000 around all of the ground won't be too bad, however will the club close off some of the stands? If the bars and shop have to remain closed then it will hardly be viable to open all stands.

I will probably go but the prospect of wearing a mask for the best part of 2 hours doesn't really appeal either.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

will the club close off some of the stands? If the bars and shop have to remain closed then it will hardly be viable to open all stands..

I'm assuming not, otherwise it defeats the purpose if all the 6,000 are crammed into Barclay.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agree 6000 around all of the ground won't be too bad, however will the club close off some of the stands? If the bars and shop have to remain closed then it will hardly be viable to open all stands.

I will probably go but the prospect of wearing a mask for the best part of 2 hours doesn't really appeal either.

Take your point but it’s not really “indoors” though is it if they use the big exit doors rather than turnstiles. Should be loads of room in the concourses if you say have 500 people in the lower Barclay rather than 3000. Set up a massive, socially distanced, outdoor bar in the car park. Job done. 

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm assuming not, otherwise it defeats the purpose if all the 6,000 are crammed into Barclay.

I guess they may not use the upper tiers, bit harder to social distance on the stairs etc. 

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I guess they may not use the upper tiers, bit harder to social distance on the stairs etc. 

I doubt you would be able to adequately social distance 6k, without using the entire ground.

If it were restricted to lower tiers then exit could be by way of the pitch perimeter as per the Community Stand area. Otherwise you have everyone heading for a small number of stairwells. You only need one less fleet of foot fan causing it all to back-up.

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Shops and pubs have stairs, I don’t think it should be a problem

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the original intention was to go for an 8000 attendance but that figure seems to have been scaled back.

My understanding was that the club would expect masks to be worn in the ' building ' part of the ground, ie, concourses, bars, etc, but not when spectators are seated, which would be some relief.

All in all not a particularly relaxing way to watch games live especially if you have a long journey to get there and you need the gents a lot more now than you did in your younger days.

Well i suppose when we eventually  are allowed to start the live viewing again nothing will be perfect and we have to make a start somewhere. Lots of unanswered questions i suppose in particular those ST holders who do not fancy this season, will they be allowed to re new  the following season if they ask for their money back. If this horrible virus is around for years and i hope not and 6000 crowds become the norm, will the club go for the nuclear option and say for financial reasons an adult ST has to be £1000 plus and would there be  6000 people out there either ST holders or waiting list willing and able to pay that for a social distanced experience of live football ?