Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Fan Consultation Over Crowd Return.

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

That will be the case for all season ticket holders 75 percent of the time. When your number does come up it is for you to decide what to do with it.

If your number comes up in the national lottery do you share the winnings with the non winning ticket holders?

Does the fact that you need such a far-fetched and inapposite analogy to justify your intended actions not tell you something?

Edited by canarydan23

Passing tickets on to mates if successful in the ballot but can’t go - that’s really going to help with contact tracing (not) if the worst should happen! 

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Oh what joy. Where have you been! The news across the whole world is that the younger generation are responsible for the current uptrend! And have you heard of the term discrimination? But discriminating against an age group you are, which is unlawful.

Leave him alone....or you'll have his Dad to answer to.....

55 minutes ago, GMF said:

Passing tickets on to mates if successful in the ballot but can’t go - that’s really going to help with contact tracing (not) if the worst should happen! 

Surely they won't let anyone in without some sort of photographic ID ?

Sorry if the numbers are limited you should be banned from giving your ticket away. Firstly there will be thousands behind you in the queue and secondly the trace system will be ****ed

• Like 1

Away fans must be banned, no way should we be allowing someone from like Blackburn anywhere near Norwich or Norfolk for that matter. 

Likewise only the person named on the ST should be allowed entry. If the club is to take this seriously entry has to be strictly controlled otherwise the ground must remain empty.

Freezing STs for a season sounds like a reasonable idea for supporters who don't want to attend. Of course that means that if you make that decision and a vaccine is found quickly, then you are stuffed for the season.

32 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Surely they won't let anyone in without some sort of photographic ID ?

You’d like to think so. 

It's definitely a huge can o' worms....Until we return to any kind of normality I unfortunately think they should just continue with the lock down behind closed doors games....The Covid situation is now deteriorating again and the situation is fluctuating and changing as I type....

Fans groups? Who has been consulted on this? Why has the transcript of the meeting not been made available to all? 

7 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

Fans groups? Who has been consulted on this? Why has the transcript of the meeting not been made available to all? 

Remember they apparently consulted with fans groups prior to the launch of the membership scheme. That turned out well as it showed the consultation consisted of .....this is what we are doing. That was replaced with half a dozen meetings involving several hundred fans.

This situation is a far bigger minefield than that original ' consultation ' over membership as i said at the start of this thread but as you say why have not the 22,000 fans it concerns been told what has happened ?

Edited by TIL 1010

Before the club starts looking at how to operate the ballots, they need to know who can/wants to attend next season.

If they ask all ST holders the below, rather than a few members of supporter groups, it might give a better understanding on the general mood.

1. Are you happy to attend Carrow Road during 20/21, and receive your ticket based on a ballot (households entered together)?

2. If you are not comfortable attending in 20/21, are you happy that your payment is kept (and continued payments made if paying via DD) secure your seat for 21/22?

If the answer is 'no' to Q2, then they can look at refunds etc, but at least knowing the answers to the above will help work out how many fans they need to try and accommodate across the games with reduced capacity. No point making plans for ST holders to see 1 in 3 or 4, if in fact they can get away with 1 in 2 due to more people deciding not to attend. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate the fan base. Out with all the doddery old blanket-covered, flask-clutching harrumphers and in with a vibrant young fanbase that can keep up with the too-fast shout/singing of the Barclay. 

We might finally hear something other than moaning and snoring from the Geoffrey Watling and it would be great to see the River End bouncing again. We could then have flags all the way round the ground as efforts wouldn't be hampered by arthritic limbs and general displeasure at the sight of other people having some fun. 

If they don't do this, give me a full refund and pay my Broadband for the season I'm going to be apoplectic and start a petition. Or hire an aeroplane or something. 

The amount some of them moan, I'm surprised they want to go back. 😝

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Does the fact that you need such a far-fetched and inapposite analogy to justify your intended actions not tell you something?

It tells me that the ticket I pay for is mine to do with as I choose so long as I abide by the rules of purchase. Hell is likely to freeze over before I offer any apology for that.

Edited by ricardo

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

It tells me that the ticket I pay for is mine to do with as I choose so long as I abide by the rules of purchase. Hell is likely to freeze over before I offer any apology for that.

As long as you and yours are alright, eh Jack? 

How about using this opportunity to redevelop the ground. Play behind closed doors and give ST holders new shares and a streaming pass?

4 hours ago, CaptCanary said:

Before the club starts looking at how to operate the ballots, they need to know who can/wants to attend next season.

If they ask all ST holders the below, rather than a few members of supporter groups, it might give a better understanding on the general mood.

1. Are you happy to attend Carrow Road during 20/21, and receive your ticket based on a ballot (households entered together)?

2. If you are not comfortable attending in 20/21, are you happy that your payment is kept (and continued payments made if paying via DD) secure your seat for 21/22?

If the answer is 'no' to Q2, then they can look at refunds etc, but at least knowing the answers to the above will help work out how many fans they need to try and accommodate across the games with reduced capacity. No point making plans for ST holders to see 1 in 3 or 4, if in fact they can get away with 1 in 2 due to more people deciding not to attend. 

But people like me who would not want to go before a vaccine ( or treatment ) is available may if the US papers are to be believed may now see that possible by September. Likewise if the U.K. press is correct it will happen around January. Whichever it is my answer to point 1 would be my circumstances will change as soon as I receive a vaccine. 

On 31/07/2020 at 12:11, Duncan Edwards said:

Surely this is a fantastic opportunity to rejuvenate the fan base. Out with all the doddery old blanket-covered, flask-clutching harrumphers and in with a vibrant young fanbase that can keep up with the too-fast shout/singing of the Barclay. 

We might finally hear something other than moaning and snoring from the Geoffrey Watling and it would be great to see the River End bouncing again. We could then have flags all the way round the ground as efforts wouldn't be hampered by arthritic limbs and general displeasure at the sight of other people having some fun. 

If they don't do this, give me a full refund and pay my Broadband for the season I'm going to be apoplectic and start a petition. Or hire an aeroplane or something. 

I didn't realise Duncan was advising Cummings and his sidekick Boris on policy:

Millions of over 50s could be told to stay at home to avoid a blanket second lockdown under 'nuclear plans' drawn up by Boris Johnson after bubble bursts on easing lockdown.

• Haha 1

A ban on anyone entering who tests positive for alcohol above drink drive limit would be a good start for crowd control. For those who feel that a skinful is part of matchday..... tough shoite.

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

A ban on anyone entering who tests positive for alcohol above drink drive limit would be a good start for crowd control. For those who feel that a skinful is part of matchday..... tough shoite.

Just as well the restart after lockdown was behind closed doors.

Paralytic would be the minimum attendance requirement the club should have imposed unless they have hearts of stone 😀

On 31/07/2020 at 23:53, Well b back said:

But people like me who would not want to go before a vaccine ( or treatment ) is available may if the US papers are to be believed may now see that possible by September. Likewise if the U.K. press is correct it will happen around January. Whichever it is my answer to point 1 would be my circumstances will change as soon as I receive a vaccine. 

We're not going to get vaccinations in a month's time. Even if a vaccine was approved this year, do you really think they're going to be able to vaccinate huge swathes of the population quickly given how incompetent the approach to testing, track and trace, and virtually everything else in England has been?

On 31/07/2020 at 20:45, ricardo said:

I understand your point but from a contact tracing point of view it would be incredibly selfish and potentially dangerous. I imagine  the club would look to stop that kind of thing from happening. 

On 31/07/2020 at 17:02, PurpleCanary said:

One problem is that whatever is decided for the start of the season could well be overtaken by events, and not in a good way. Without trying to make a party political point, the current government has not exactly had a flawless record of consistency or clarity in its decision-making, and if there is a second wave, or the first wave never goes away, and grows again, there could be rapid policy changes that would upset carefully laid plans. It is going to be a nightmare for football clubs.

Clears throat.🤓

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 11:00, Nuff Said said:

Seconded. My gym reopened but gave those of us who aren't comfortable going back yet (and seriously, who would?) the option of postponing for 3 months. If the choice is pay the price of a season ticket or lose it, I can't see the club being very popular.

Surely the better option for both parties (i.e. club and St holder) is simply to allow an option where you to defer for a season so the club gets to keep the money for cashflow purposes but your season ticket is deferred to the following season. If in the meantime it becomes possible to attend games then the ST holder gets first refusal on their seat for any game sit can be used for for a price that equates to the ST per game price?

I.e. those us who have paid now have their season tickets for season 2021-22 secured and paid for but pay £21 per game (or whatever it works out as) for our seat for any games we can go to this season.

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 16:06, TIL 1010 said:

You are missing the point of this particular situation if i may say ricardo. Yes of course under normal circumstances you may pass your season ticket to whoever if you cannot attend for whatever reason.

This could well be a ballot and is about the individual not the season ticket attending. If you enter the ballot administered because of restrictions placed on attendance because of covid 19 that should not be transferable. If you are successful and cannot attend the ticket should be returned to the club and another name who entered in the ballot should be drawn.

I very much doubt you will be able to pass tickets on to third parties in a covid restricted world because they will want to ID people going in case they need to track and trace them. Maybe to other family members if notified in advance to the club.

On 31/07/2020 at 20:45, ricardo said:

What a perfect crystallization of the boomer mentality.

On 03/08/2020 at 09:48, Jim Smith said:

Surely the better option for both parties (i.e. club and St holder) is simply to allow an option where you to defer for a season so the club gets to keep the money for cashflow purposes but your season ticket is deferred to the following season. If in the meantime it becomes possible to attend games then the ST holder gets first refusal on their seat for any game sit can be used for for a price that equates to the ST per game price?

I.e. those us who have paid now have their season tickets for season 2021-22 secured and paid for but pay £21 per game (or whatever it works out as) for our seat for any games we can go to this season.

Hopefully you are one of those being consulted

So at the end of July all of us in the blankets got a letter with a short questionnaire about safely returning to Carrow Road.

It's when you are faced with the choice you realise it's too difficult to make. So I emailed to say how I feel now maybe totally different in a months time and totally different a month after that.

I reckon our club will be in a no win situation over this.

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As will those that were involved in the consultation when it inevitably hits the fan. 

54 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So at the end of July all of us in the blankets got a letter with a short questionnaire about safely returning to Carrow Road.

It's when you are faced with the choice you realise it's too difficult to make. So I emailed to say how I feel now maybe totally different in a months time and totally different a month after that.

You'd hope people would be forgiving- this is an impossibly difficult situation and people really need to understand there no perfect solution to keep everyone happy. 

• Like 1