WD40

Saudi money looking for a new home?

money dipped in blood no thank you

vile vile country  trying to con everyone into thinking they are normal

the regime even fell out with the WWE and held the wrestlers hostage on a plane for about 8 hours

Edited by Paul101

On 30/07/2020 at 22:35, Indy said:

Strange I ask a hypothetical question and I’m against the owners....so you’d stop following Norwich then nutty!

I couldn’t give a hoot who the owners are, I have no control over that, so it makes no difference to me who owns this club.

This is a bit sad to read in a way. Perhaps not so much if you are relatively youthful. I have been coming on this forum since my sixth form days '98-2000... probably why I didn't do so well at my A-Levels thinking about it. But I do remember a great deal of fan power being the increasing force that resulted in Chase relinquishing control of the club and all of the mismanaged ways he had generated money and then spent it.

At the end of the day, we could end up with a tinpot dictator who may not give up the reins as Chase did, but it would be nice to believe that if there were genuinely the numbers, people could still put on the same display of opposition.

Strangely, a lot of Newcastle fans have, and they are so fed up with Ashley they would take anyone...

In many ways, I would rather we did things in ways that avoided dealings with people like that but we don't decide who buys the club, we can decide whether they are welcome or not though...

On 31/07/2020 at 10:26, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I wouldn't want Man City's owners either.

Part of what makes Norwich so special to me isn't just it is the team my family have supported and is part of my upbringing but it is also how the club has always had strong connections to the local area. You can say you support the team and not the owners, but the two are intrinsically linked. There are many Man City fans who have walked away from their club since the take over as they feel it is a totally different club now in all but name.

The Saudi wealth fund is the Saudi regime, the two are the same thing, you can't disassociate one from the other. I would be devastated if Norwich City, the club I love and support, became part of such a despicable regime's 'sports washing' campaign and a tool for them to try and legitimise themselves. 

Luckily it seems that the Premier League were set to reject the takeover bid, so I doubt the Saudi's will ever get their hands on an English club.  

The Man City owners have done more for the local community than Delia and Michael ever have and ever will. Seriously check out what they’ve done to that part of Manchester and the jobs they’ve created.

Norwich City would be incredibly blessed if owners like those at Man City were to buy our club.

• Like 1

On 30/07/2020 at 23:01, Indy said:

I don’t care who owns the club, it has no bearing on me or you. I agree with your principal and certainly question if they should ever be regarded as fit to own any club, but my question still stands.

If in five years Norwich were in the champions league playing Barcelona I do wonder if everyone on principle wouldn’t attend.

That’s not what I signed up for, so I wouldn’t. It would be Norwich but not my Norwich. 

On 03/08/2020 at 23:03, chicken said:

This is a bit sad to read in a way. Perhaps not so much if you are relatively youthful. I have been coming on this forum since my sixth form days '98-2000... probably why I didn't do so well at my A-Levels thinking about it. But I do remember a great deal of fan power being the increasing force that resulted in Chase relinquishing control of the club and all of the mismanaged ways he had generated money and then spent it.

At the end of the day, we could end up with a tinpot dictator who may not give up the reins as Chase did, but it would be nice to believe that if there were genuinely the numbers, people could still put on the same display of opposition.

Strangely, a lot of Newcastle fans have, and they are so fed up with Ashley they would take anyone...

In many ways, I would rather we did things in ways that avoided dealings with people like that but we don't decide who buys the club, we can decide whether they are welcome or not though...

We already have a tinpot dictator(s) who refuses to give up the reigns. 

On 05/08/2020 at 03:18, BigGrantsTash said:

Norwich City would be incredibly blessed if owners like those at Man City were to buy our club.

Norwich would never be ‘blessed’ by owners who feel homosexuality deserves a lengthy prison sentence and that stoning people to death is an appropriate penalty for any crime - regardless of how much money they spend on players. 

16 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich would never be ‘blessed’ by owners who feel homosexuality deserves a lengthy prison sentence and that stoning people to death is an appropriate penalty for any crime - regardless of how much money they spend on players. 

They stone people for any crime? 

45 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Have they move the UAE to Saudi Arabia now? 

What? A whole University? Students Union bar takings will be down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

For a little bit of balance here, stoning is a legal punishment in Qatar but has never been used and the one execution in Qatar this year for any crime was the first one since 2003 (and that's only 5 years after the death penalty for treason was abolished in the UK). 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 05/08/2020 at 03:18, BigGrantsTash said:

The Man City owners have done more for the local community than Delia and Michael ever have and ever will. Seriously check out what they’ve done to that part of Manchester and the jobs they’ve created.

You have to be somewhat careful here. I say that as whilst generating jobs etc for people looks great, and it certainly is for them, there is a larger reason for it. FFP. Man City, to be able to spend vast amounts on players need to make as much profit as possible.

The limitation on spend on players is not matched in other aspects of the club. So they can pump in millions to various aspects of the club so that the club can make more profit which in turn enables them to spend more on players.

So, I'm not questioning whether it's a good thing, I'm questioning whether Man City's owners overly care if it is or isn't but just see it as a way of being able to pump more into the playing staff, so are not really doing it due to caring about the local community.