WD40

Saudi money looking for a new home?

The Saudi backed consortium to takeover Newcastle have pulled out due to the Premier League due diligence process taking too long.

A huge blow for the fans who thought they were finally seeing the back of Mike Ashley.

Perhaps that Saudi money could be tempted to buy another club beginning with N...

13 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Perhaps that Saudi money could be tempted to buy another club beginning with N...

I think Nottingham Forest are fixed up already though👍

WTOB - Wrong Type of Billionaire.

We’ll have to go to the next in the queue then, no bother. 

You see this is the problem. 

Would we want misogynistic, journalist killing, war mongering nutters running the club? 

Money or morals? 

• Like 1

No thank you, if you've got any sort of soul or morals and pay attention to the news you'd want nothing to do with them. Couldn't see them passing the FA ownership requirements anyway. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

You see this is the problem. 

Would we want misogynistic, journalist killing, war mongering nutters running the club? 

Money or morals? 

Bit harsh on Delia and Michael?

• Haha 2

I wonder how many of those so vocal would ditch their season tickets if we did get this change! If we we’re the next Man City but with money from the Saudi’s?

Just wonder how many of you would stop following Norwich if we were in the champions league with a new 60,000 stadium, playing Barcelona! 

Just asking as I’m sure those with morals would start to follow King Lynn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are there any arms manufacturers in Norwich?

Prosthetics or guns?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

I wonder how many of those so vocal would ditch their season tickets if we did get this change! If we we’re the next Man City but with money from the Saudi’s?

Just wonder how many of you would stop following Norwich if we were in the champions league with a new 60,000 stadium, playing Barcelona! 

Just asking as I’m sure those with morals would start to follow King Lynn.

That bit very much depends on how long Wes keeps playing at Cambridge...

• Haha 1

So you’d stand by your principles and support Cambridge.👍

• Like 1

I doubt there are any nice billionaires out there but I would go off and support Stevenage if these people came anywhere near the club. Worst of a bad bunch.

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1

Strange I ask a hypothetical question and I’m against the owners....so you’d stop following Norwich then nutty!

I couldn’t give a hoot who the owners are, I have no control over that, so it makes no difference to me who owns this club.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Strange I ask a hypothetical question and I’m against the owners....so you’d stop following Norwich then nutty!

I couldn’t give a hoot who the owners are, I have no control over that, so it makes no difference to me who owns this club.

I think anyone who truly cares about the club would take a bit of an issue with owners who have allegedly significantly impacted the human rights of fellow people and on a less moral but more club-future point of view, also been accused of piracy and other things that hardly lend themselves to being trustworthy.

And since bad owners could literally mean we have no club left to support im surprised you can be that blasé about it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Indy said:

Whoa there!

If I'd have meant Indy I would have put Indy.

The point I was making was that there's plenty who have spent over ten years complaining about our current owners yet still go to every game they can. 

So to suggest someone who didn't like any new owners would be unprincipled or hypocritical must work both ways.

And obviously I would still go and support Norwich City whatever the situation. After 53 seasons and lots of different regimes why would I stop?

Edited by nutty nigel

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think anyone who truly cares about the club would take a bit of an issue with owners who have allegedly significantly impacted the human rights of fellow people and on a less moral but more club-future point of view, also been accused of piracy and other things that hardly lend themselves to being trustworthy.

And since bad owners could literally mean we have no club left to support im surprised you can be that blasé about it.

I don’t care who owns the club, it has no bearing on me or you. I agree with your principal and certainly question if they should ever be regarded as fit to own any club, but my question still stands.

If in five years Norwich were in the champions league playing Barcelona I do wonder if everyone on principle wouldn’t attend.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Whoa there!

If I'd have meant Indy I would have put Indy.

The point I was making was that there's plenty who have spent over ten years complaining about out current owners yet still go to every game they can. 

So to suggest someone who didn't like any new owners would be unprincipled or hypocritical must work both ways.

Ok sorry Nutty, I am just curious as to how many would be honest enough, if and only IF we did get bought out by a consortium backed by the Saudi’s and we’re in the champions league would they be there to watch the game.

Fair doos to Hoggs.

• Like 1

And what about those who reckoned we were going to hell in a handcart and would finish below the binners in Sept 2018 but within 3 months reckoned we were one of the best teams they'd seen in a Norwich shirt?

Principles? Hypocritical?

Now I like what we have and hugely like that we are a community club like I've never known before. I would like to keep that whoever the new owner was.

But if you follar the dollar does it really matter where it comes from?

We aren't fashionable enough to attract investment from that particular Saudi group, they want a status symbol, so no point in even discussing.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Now I like what we have and hugely like that we are a community club like I've never known before. I would like to keep that whoever the new owner was.

But if you follar the dollar does it really matter where it comes from?

Well it certainly doesn’t matter to Wolves, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and lots of others, I wonder how long it would take before success would overshadow your community club, plus I think you’re very insular thinking this is the only club with such tag as community club, I think other clubs especially Leicester, Southampton and even Liverpool have the same community foundations as Norwich. Supporters make the community with the aid of the club.

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Ok I will

I thought it was only my mother-in-law who could clear a room this fast...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Well it certainly doesn’t matter to Wolves, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and lots of others, I wonder how long it would take before success would overshadow your community club, plus I think you’re very insular thinking this is the only club with such tag as community club, I think other clubs especially Leicester, Southampton and even Liverpool have the same community foundations as Norwich. Supporters make the community with the aid of the club.

That's because your community club and my community club definitions are different.

My community club definition is not what the community can get out of the club. It's a mutual two way thing. 

I also don't care if you think I'm insular. I would say I'm the opposite. Perhaps the way people view the club reflects the way they view the world.

Edited by nutty nigel