Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Nelson Oliveira

Great shame his ego and Farkes management style clashed, just the sort of player we need as a different option this coming season at 28 years old and 6ft 1in. Always very talented but obviously hard to manage. This current season scored 14 in 26 starts in the Greek top flight so in good form. I am excited by all of our new young signings so far but we need a big striker as another option imo to give us that plan B to go direct if the pretty football does not work

I agree it's a shame Oliveira didn't work out here, he was one of the best natural finishers we've had here in recent years. I'm hopefully Idah can progress well next season and become a similar player. His attitude looks spot on, just needs a few league goals under his belt

• Like 1

I was thinking about him the other day actually and checked out a highlight reel of his time in Greece. Half of the video was him trying stupid flicks and tricks to play people through. No way would that fly with Farke or the fans after a while when most of the time it would result in a loss of possession.

I mean, its not like we replaced him with anyone good... temu Sukki... Dukki... fukki... ahh what was it, again? You know, that lad who won the golden boot for us.

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

Oliveira was a lazy arrogant tool. 

but a very very good player

• Like 1

Spent his last 6 months here taking random pot shots from impossible angles. It was was of the strangest things I've ever seen, and poor Farke had no choice but to play him because we didn't have anybody else.

Didn't care about the team, would be happy to have 10 shots in a game even if 5 of them would have been better as a lay off to a teammate, just in persuit of an impressive goal of the month contender.

We need players that can play as part of a team, Nelson plays for Nelson.

I get angry when people suggest we in any way miss that idiot. 

Yes he has got talent, shame he was wasted it messing around in the second tier of English football or in a weak second rate league like Greece, but that's what happens if you don't have the attitude and application to match. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

That Quagliarella guy looks nifty...

20...12? Is turning over in his grave right now.

4 hours ago, garlic said:

but a very very good player

Was he? Not sure the stats agree. Scored fewer than 1 in 3 here, fewer than 1 in 3 at Forest, fewer than 1 in 3 at Reading, 1 in 10 at Swansea, 1 in nearly 4 at Rennes, even less than that at his early clubs. 

Almost 1 in 3 is decent enough, but I’d want a “very very good” striker to be nearer 1 in 2, especially at championship level. That’s the rate he’s scoring at AEK Athens, where he’s playing for one of the top sides in a league where most teams outside the top three or four are pretty average.