Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Kieran Dowell Signs

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

He needs to put on a bit more muscle for the Premiership.

He’ll be fine with us then!

I expect Webber knows we have a far shorter break than usual, and so we need to get the players bedded in as early as possible.

This doesn't smack of assembling a squad to male a challenge for promotion only, but one with an eye to the future well beyond that

And for my part I am far more looking forward to next season in the Championship, than ever I would be running up a huge debt trying to cling on to a PL place. As what we are seeing is the reality of what the club said their aim was, over the long term.

Yes, we will lose some of the promising youngsters, but good luck to them.

Most of those coming in are in the same position - stepping up to further their development. And it we can turn relative unknowns like the four youth players and Buendia and Onel into what they are now, then there is a fair certainty that we can do the same again,

And great to be part of a club who once again are building for the future, not spending their time trying to cover their huge debts run up chasing a false dream.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

On a lot of the clips I saw Dowell was cutting in from the right onto his left foot, so may be competition for the right wing spot.

Personally, as he's 6ft 1inch or so, I think Farke is going to move him to CB to replace Godfrey. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Surfer said:

Personally, as he's 6ft 1inch or so, I think Farke is going to move him to CB to replace Godfrey. 

Why are we totally unable to play players in their preferred position, where we'll get the most out of them? I'm sick to the back teeth of moving players to CB because we don't have enough fit defenders! If Dowel wants to play in midfield (and there's lots of evidence that he's a threat there) then play him in midfield. Need more Cbs because ours are always injured? Get shot of the sicknotes and get some new defenders in!

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Why are we totally unable to play players in their preferred position, where we'll get the most out of them? I'm sick to the back teeth of moving players to CB because we don't have enough fit defenders! If Dowel wants to play in midfield (and there's lots of evidence that he's a threat there) then play him in midfield. Need more Cbs because ours are always injured? Get shot of the sicknotes and get some new defenders in!

Either your joking or you've lost the plot.