Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Kieran Dowell Signs

4 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Seen Sitti mentioned a few times here ... are we seeing him as a regular match day squad player?

I'd expect so- he was given quite a big fanfare when he joined, he's listed on the first team squad page on the website, all signs he's seen as a first teamer.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Seen Sitti mentioned a few times here ... are we seeing him as a regular match day squad player?

I'm really quite curious about Sitti. Beyond having a name that lends itself very well to a pun (or six), not much is known about him. Will be good to see what's he's capable of.

5 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

I'm really quite curious about Sitti. Beyond having a name that lends itself very well to a pun (or six), not much is known about him. Will be good to see what's he's capable of.

I hope Mumba gets the number 5 shirt. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Let's hope he's not like a square peg in a round hole........

As long as we don't play him on the left.. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Any whispers on the fee?

About a tenon, I reckon.

Saw him a few times at Sheff Utd.  Didn't really fit their style, which probably doesn't suit everybody, so not strictly a criticism.  However given our issues this last season I hope he's improved physically as that was what he missed most at Bramall Lane 

Another very exciting signing, definitely doing things the right way.....just need a striker & CB to add to the mix and keep hold of Godfrey.

A player we've heard of. Saints be praised.  

You have to wonder though. With all this activity. Most very speculative I might add as far as ability at the level required. It doesn't half feel like we're being softened up before the mass exodus. 

Were now spending £5m all in before draging in £50m selling off all our assets! Type of thing.  (SPIN)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You totally missed the point and then confirmed it in disagreeing. 

Tettey is never going to cope as our first choice defensive midfielder. 

But you knew what I meant. 

He will cope as our first choice defensive midfielder but I think its true ti say he probably won;t be able to cope with playing every game. I think we are both saying the same thing really - i wasn't intending to be critical. I'd expect him to start all of our harder games but be rested for some of the ones you would hope we can do without him in. I think the plan is that over the course of the season Sorensen may emerge as his replacement. I'm not sure the Dowell signing is really relevant to that part of the team as he's more attacking. I think Sorensen, Tettey, Vrancic and Mclean will compete for the two deeper positions along with Sitti or Gilmour if either of them can break through.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Do you think Maddison is taking commission for all the players he encourages to join us?! 😉

Happens a lot for us. I think most players leave our club having enjoyed it here. Except those Roeder seasons🙃

With the 3 guys signed earlier in the year that weve not seen yet i make that...9...or 10? newies thru the door. The amount of players at the club now must be big, so far only Raggett  is gone and he was never really here anyway. So there must be a few who will leave surely.

Dowell seems a potentially good signing, ticks most boxes, wish him and all our new guys a happy time here and a successful  one to.

I feel bad saying this because I genuinely like stiepermann and think his cumbersome style is actually a bit of strength of his. But, watching a few YouTube clips, this lad, depending on the reality of course, looks to be very stiepermanesque, so maybe an upgrade there (sorry mr stiepermann) and that maybe spells the end for him here. 

3 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Do you think Maddison is taking commission for all the players he encourages to join us?! 😉

It is a good thing - I was a little surprised he didn’t mention contacting any of Cantwell, Godfrey or Aarons whose paths he presumably crossed with the England u21 side and still actually play for us.

3 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

This is the knock on effect of having such a good PROJECT in place - encouraging youth and giving them a pathway to the first team.  Yes the PROJECT. As much as we had a pretty good reputation as a club anyway, it wasn't until Farke and Webber arrived with the new PROJECT that Maddison was given the path to the first team - and the others that followed on pretty quick.

The more we are seen as a club that gives youth their chance to shine, the more likely we are to attract the better young prospects as the word gets round about our set up, especially with players like Maddison, who can pass on their views about us to other players.  The PROJECT in action and in full effect, ongoing, developmental and totally seen in action today with the arrival of Dowell. 

Oh, did I mention we have a PROJECT in place?? Just wanted to be clear about it, so as there is no doubt 😛

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I feel bad saying this because I genuinely like stiepermann and think his cumbersome style is actually a bit of strength of his. But, watching a few YouTube clips, this lad, depending on the reality of course, looks to be very stiepermanesque, so maybe an upgrade there (sorry mr stiepermann) and that maybe spells the end for him here. 

If it is the end of the road for Stiepermann, I think he's one of those who'll leave as a bit of a cult favourite rather than an out-and-out favourite, but one who's pretty popular and rated fairly well by fans. He really came back superbly in the Championship-winning side when played in his best position as his power and awkwardness made him a very difficult opponent and also gave others more space - especially Pukki, but sadly he was one of the clearest cases when it came to not making the leap up to the Premiership.

And we'll always have that moment when he jumped on the cameraman in celebration when that equaliser got hit against Forest.

I do think he'll stay around though. Too well-proven at this level and with it being such a congested season, he'll be needed.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

This is the knock on effect of having such a good PROJECT in place - encouraging youth and giving them a pathway to the first team.  Yes the PROJECT. As much as we had a pretty good reputation as a club anyway, it wasn't until Farke and Webber arrived with the new PROJECT that Maddison was given the path to the first team - and the others that followed on pretty quick.

The more we are seen as a club that gives youth their chance to shine, the more likely we are to attract the better young prospects as the word gets round about our set up, especially with players like Maddison, who can pass on their views about us to other players.  The PROJECT in action and in full effect, ongoing, developmental and totally seen in action today with the arrival of Dowell. 

Oh, did I mention we have a PROJECT in place?? Just wanted to be clear about it, so as there is no doubt 😛

It’s not anything to do with “The Project”. Because there is no Project. They are cheap. 

We are about to embark on a selling spree which will rake in millions if the hype is to be believed and whilst I don’t for one minute believe anybody will pay the silly money for our three young defenders because they are not that good. I Believe we will sell at least 2 of them and Emi and Pukki. 

The money in will once again vastly out ranks the out spend. 

Doesn’t take a genius to work out the club had to move quickly to appear to be proactive. After the awfulness of the season we’ve just had they had gone in fast to be seen to be boosting the club. Couldn’t  just sell off the assets after that season without a smoke screen in place. Hence the influx of cheapies first. SPIN AGAIN. 

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It’s not anything to do with “The Project”. Because there is no Project. They are cheap. 

We are about to embark on a selling spree which will rake in millions if the hype is to be believed and whilst I don’t for one minute believe anybody will pay the silly money for our three young defenders because they are not that good. I Believe we will sell at least 2 of them and Emi and Pukki. 

The money in will once again vastly out ranks the out spend. 

Doesn’t take a genius to work out the club had to move quickly to appear to be proactive. After the awfulness of the season we’ve just had they had gone in fast to be seen to be boosting the club. Couldn’t  just sell off the assets after that season without a smoke screen in place. Hence the influx of cheapies first. SPIN AGAIN. 

If we didn’t sign youngsters, you’d be saying the players we were buying were too old.

If we paid a lot of money for a player, you’d be saying we’ve wasted cash and overpaid.

If we hadn’t brought anyone in yet, you’d be saying we were too slow.

If you had half a pint you’d be saying your glass was half empty and you didn’t want beer anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Out for the day and come back to find we’ve signed someone with a name that is fit for a lutanist or spinet player in an early music combo but hardly suitable for a footballer...🧐

41 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

If we didn’t sign youngsters, you’d be saying the players we were buying were too old.       No I wouldn’t 

If we paid a lot of money for a player, you’d be saying we’ve wasted cash and overpaid. No I wouldn’t 

If we hadn’t brought anyone in yet, you’d be saying we were too slow. No I wouldn’t 

If you had half a pint you’d be saying your glass was half empty and you didn’t want beer anyway. No I wouldn’t 

13 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

There’s a debating society somewhere that needs your skills.

48 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

He needs to put on a bit more muscle for the Premiership.

I mean he's what, 6ft 1, 6ft 2? Tall enough which we need, but I do agree he looks more of the "stick" tall than the "brick house" tall

stickboi.png

Already the lad is under pressure from some and we haven't seen him play for us yet.

I look forward to see all of our new signings who will be in the squad become successes and household names.

And if they replace some of last years favourites then that is football and progress. The King is dead. Long live the King.?

3 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

On a lot of the clips I saw Dowell was cutting in from the right onto his left foot, so may be competition for the right wing spot.

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There’s a debating society somewhere that needs your skills. No there isn’t 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

On a lot of the clips I saw Dowell was cutting in from the right onto his left foot, so may be competition for the right wing spot.

I was thinking similar about Sinani.