Icecream Snow

Kieran Dowell Signs

33 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Hat trick in Wigan's 8-0 demolition of Hull

That finish for the hat trick 😍

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Yeah that's Vrancic gone I reckon.

Don't think this is the death of Vrancic, surely that would have been one of the many deeper players we've already signed. I reckon he'll be a replacement for either Cantwell or Buendia. Or I suppose Stieperman if we're lucky enought to hold onto the other two.

I am very pleased with this signing 

Homegrown and looks like a stronger replacement for Cantwell 

Midfield looks good now a striker and a CB 

4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Don't think this is the death of Vrancic, surely that would have been one of the many deeper players we've already signed. I reckon he'll be a replacement for either Cantwell or Buendia. Or I suppose Stieperman if we're lucky enought to hold onto the other two.

The Twitter ITK says the club insiders view Dowell as a future Vrancic and not a Todd replacement.

Interesting signing and encouraging that in Sorensen, Placheta and Dowell we have youngish players but players with 50 plus senior appearances at a decent level league to their name so perhaps not likely to need so long to adapt as some of the players who came from the lower levels in Germany.

I would keep Vrancic and let him see out his contract. We are not going to get big money for him but he will be useful if we are hoepfully on the front foot more next season. I see the recruits so far this summer as (a) preparation for losing one or both of Cantwell and Buendia and (b) probably the end for Leitner and Trybull.

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I am very pleased with this signing 

Homegrown and looks like a stronger replacement for Cantwell 

Midfield looks good now a striker and a CB 

How about getting Kemar Roofe back to the Uk from Anderlecht? Scored goals wherever he has been and looked great for Leeds. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Great signing. 

Vrancic is 31 and has lost his legs. Tettey is never going to cope next season, trybull will be gone, buendia and cantwell may well be off, so this makes total sense. 

Tettey will be fine next season. Think he played some of his best stuff for us last season. Perhaps not every game given the schedule there is going to be but he will be an important player for us still. 

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:

How about getting Kemar Roofe back to the Uk from Anderlecht? Scored goals wherever he has been and looked great for Leeds. 

if that was an option I'd be all over that.

20 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Not a defender... terrible stuff from Delia & co... don’t know what they’re doing, pocketing the parachutes, blah blah..

What the f are you on about. Why not go and support another team or stop being so negative? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Tbh, that move had completely passed me by. He is a good player and will work his socks off, with intelligent runs. Not a bad shout, but I'd suspect as he was in his last year at Leeds, and they couldn't agree a further contract (Bielsa said he'd not be happy if Roofe left) then high wages may be at the heart of all this

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Everton fans going on about how hes pretty ****e

Everton's sights are higher than ours ,plus they only saw him play twice in the Prem and to see any player make a massive impact at 20, in the Prem, is deluded. He may well eventually, be superb.

I remember seeing him playing for Sheffield United in the season they got promoted with us, i thought he looked very comfortable on the ball. My cousin is a Sheffield United supporter & he thinks we’ve signed a brilliant player.

Check the Wiki page!  😂

On 30 July 2020, Dowell joined Championship big boys Norwich City on a three-year deal. Maddison v2 said he is "ready to score 70 yarders for fun" on his first day with the club and reportedly nutmegged everyone he walked past whilst being given a tour of the facilities including Head Coach Daniel Farke and Sporting Director, Stuart Webber. Alex Tettey recalls a time where he was making cups of tea for the entire squad and when he would pour the milk in, Dowell would hit volleys low and hard just above the mug and let the air of the ball mix the milk and tea together. {[29]

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, WD40 said:

The Twitter ITK says the club insiders view Dowell as a future Vrancic and not a Todd replacement.

He looks quite versatile. The Forest videos seem to show they played him mostly as an 8, and for Wigan he was cutting in from the right wing.

Edited by Icecream Snow

Sounds like a great signing - from a PL club, young, home grown, with plenty of Championship experience and decent records there and also a regular international for the lower England levels. I don’t know whether he’s an attacking or defensive midfielder though. Tettey is currently 34 and out of contract next summer so I think it may be to replace him or possibly Vrancic, who is currently 31 and also out of contract next summer

All I really want us to do now is look into signing a striker and centre-back of similar quality as I think we’ve got more than enough midfielders for the time being. Maybe also consider looking for another keeper, as McGovern is now 36 and out of contract next summer

22 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

What the f are you on about. Why not go and support another team or stop being so negative? 

You forgot to add “blah blah...” at the end

For the record (and staying in character), this season I am mostly supporting Liverpool. 

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Everton fans going on about how hes pretty ****e

That's another one written off then. 👍

Just now, Duncan Edwards said:

That's another one written off then. 👍

To be fair, you've got some work to do, a guy on Twitter had written Bali Mumba off within 4 minutes of him being announced. 😂😉

Homegrown, Championship experience, young so still potential to improve / sell at profit if we have to, and proven to be a strong player at this level. Ticks all the boxes if he gels into the team - this is a crafty signing. I do like that Farke's looking at young local talent now. Wonder if we can poach any from Wigan with their known financial issues at the moment? Spurs took one of their 15-year olds for half-a-million recently.

Suspect Stiepermann's going to be a back-up, but he's one I'd really want to keep around as he partnered Pukki so well at Championship level last time out. I also think having a speedster on a wing near him will give him more space too for hitting his own passes or long shots.

There are understandable comments about some of our squad players going such as Vrancic, Trybull, etc. I would wonder if they're all going to stay simply as the season will be even more crowded than usual, so I would expect that good rotation and strength in depth, which is always needed in the Championship anyway, is surely going to become even more of a premium.

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Sitti, Sinani, Sorensen, Dowell and Placheta all coming into the first team.

Trybull, Leitner, Vrancic, Stieperman, Cantwell and Buendia surely heading out the door.

Can see Tettey and McLean sticking around. And Hernandez of course. 

Swap Stiepermann for Aarons and that's who I think will go, especially considering Mumba and Byram are also options at right-back. Stiepermann's partnership with Pukki in the Championship last time out was a huge part of our success and I'd be surprised if it's completely broken up.

Sounds like a good move, well done City👍

Any negative comments yet...... mmmm Kieran is a girls name!!

55 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Tettey will be fine next season. Think he played some of his best stuff for us last season. Perhaps not every game given the schedule there is going to be but he will be an important player for us still. 

You totally missed the point and then confirmed it in disagreeing. 

Tettey is never going to cope as our first choice defensive midfielder. 

But you knew what I meant. 

I'd be astonished if stipermann went. 

He was crucial to our transformation in second half of last season, playing behind pukki.