Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Kieran Dowell Signs

Wow! Like it.

The midfield overhaul continue apace and long may it continue.

Maybe with one eye on Cantwell/Buendia potentially leaving? Missing some of the steel/strength that we need but no doubt a decent signing.

I think he's a cracking player. He had a nightmare first half of the season at Derby County with many fans describing him as appalling. However, he was good at Forest, helped The Blades to promotion and was prominent in Wigan's near survival. He's an exciting signing.

• Like 3

Wow, that came out of nowhere.

I think he's more of an attacking mifielder, number 10 type. Lots of Championship experience and homegrown too so lots of boxes ticked. 

1 minute ago, Thumbbass said:

Maybe with one eye on Cantwell/Buendia potentially leaving? Missing some of the steel/strength that we need but no doubt a decent signing.

No doubt. Looks more of a Maddison type. And very experienced at championship level. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Wow, that came out of nowhere.

I think he's more of an attacking mifielder, number 10 type. Lots of Championship experience and homegrown too so lots of boxes ticked. 

Snap. 

I make that 7 now if you include Mccallum. That's a lot of change, and a lot of inexperience, hope we can hit the ground running. Also makes you wonder how long the departures list is going to be...

Would think that’s the end of Vrancic and steiperman as they’re well down the pecking order now. 

How refreshing to sign somebody and it not be talked about or rumoured for days and weeks beforehand. 

Not quite like hearing it on the wireless or reading it in the paper but I’ll take it. 

love a good signing outta nowhere! Looks a strong number 10/ number 8 type who has quality but doesn't let it compromise his role in defending

3 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Would think that’s the end of Vrancic and steiperman as they’re well down the pecking order now. 

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Yeah that's Vrancic gone I reckon.

Vrancic was instrumental in our promotion last season. He didn't quite step up to the prem (although he was arguably not given a fair crack) but he is great at Championship level. I'd be disappointed if he went.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, vlad666 said:

Sitti, Sinani, Sorensen, Dowell and Placheta all coming into the first team.

Trybull, Leitner, Vrancic, Stieperman, Cantwell and Buendia surely heading out the door.

Can see Tettey and McLean sticking around. And Hernandez of course. 

Now this really does look exciting by championship standards. Not sure why Everton have sold him. Only 22  5 goals in 12 starts for Wigan last season and on an earlier loan to Forrest 9 goals. Far too good to be on the bench in the championship so looks like a replacement difficult to say who for Steipermann possibly or Cantwell either way a very good acquisition another 22 year old whoes career is going up not down 

Could be a good signing this lad, young and hungry, done well in this league on loan, helps the homegrown quota, and thank **** we didn't sign Duda. 

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Yeah that's Vrancic gone I reckon.

Could be but this signing would have little impact on that since Dowell is a number 10 and we very rarely played Vrancic in that position

10 minutes ago, crab man said:

I make that 7 now if you include Mccallum. That's a lot of change, and a lot of inexperience, hope we can hit the ground running. Also makes you wonder how long the departures list is going to be...

Dowell isn't inexeperienced

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Now this really does look exciting by championship standards. Not sure why Everton have sold him. Only 22  5 goals in 12 starts for Wigan last season and on an earlier loan to Forrest 9 goals. Far too good to be on the bench in the championship so looks like a replacement difficult to say who for Steipermann possibly or Cantwell either way a very good acquisition another 22 year old whoes career is going up not down 

It's a great signing. And I think as a 6ft midfielder with very good technical skills he is definitely an upgrade on Stiepermann

My son is a friend of an Everton season ticket holder who knows a lot about all of the players naturally. We've signed a very good player.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Could be but this signing would have little impact on that since Dowell is a number 10 and we very rarely played Vrancic in that position

We rarely played Vrancic at all Hoggie. ^^

One thing you can’t level at Dowell is inexperience - 70-odd games in the Champs and plenty for England age groups, this could be exactly the sort of signing we need.

Given our aging midfield it's refreshing to see some young blood in there. Think it's a shame we never got Reed on a permanent as I quite liked him to eventually take over from Tettey.

• Like 1

Great signing. 

Vrancic is 31 and has lost his legs. Tettey is never going to cope next season, trybull will be gone, buendia and cantwell may well be off, so this makes total sense. 

So...who from the new signings might be in the squad?

I assume so far....Sitti, Sinani, Sorensen, Mumba, Dowell, Placheta will be? 

Then Gilmour? Was on loan but may get chance?

Famewo...Yes? Thomas... Yes?

Dennis...For the u23s?

Soto on loan.

Anyone I've missed?

Edited by sonyc