Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Has Drmic gone yet ?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

That may possibly be the case, but what’s this BS about “parking the bus”? That’s not how we’ve played generally this season, and specifically in the 7 games in which he’s played 45 minutes or more, we had the majority of possession in 3 of them-55%, 58% and 58%-and in 2 more we had 48% and 47%. It was only the Chelsea game-32%-and the Burnley game in which he got sent off-42%-that you could say the opposition dominated possession.

Our possession was mostly just outside our own box! 

You do watch the games right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Our possession was mostly just outside our own box! 

You do watch the games right? 

That’s true, the one chance Drmic made was to cross for the opposition to score, great ball across the box. So he has created one chance, just not for us.

Edited by Indy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I promised myself 3 weeks ago I’d stop posting on here, and you’ll be delighted to know this is my last post.

Norwich City supporters? Josip came into a side that weren’t delivering the attacking football that we’d been accustomed to even as recently as earlier in the same season. We could’ve put Marco Van Basten up top for us in those last lockdown games & he’d have been lucky to score. Wake up, that’s the reality, he’s had nothing to work with whatsoever! And you’re delighting in making him feel as crap as possible! Love Norwich City but **** me do we have some right Worzel Gummidge bellends following us. I’m not buying every club has their fair share of such ‘supporter’. We are without doubt the complete Man City of entitled supporter knobheads. I watched every last game and thought Josip was on a hiding to nothing. Every striker needs chances. Especially one who’s hardly played. It’s **** and it’s no surprise given the vitriol aimed at him that he’s considering moving back to Europe so don’t be **** and knocking him for it, I don’t blame him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine his 'talks' are regarding trying to redress the fact his income has gone from 50k to 25k per week.

Can't blame the guy but I don't imagine we'll be breaking our necks to keep around. I've been one of his staunchest defenders through the season but it just hasn't worked out.

Full backing of course if he does want to stay, but Farkes recent 'I only want players who want to play for us' bit means I reckon Drmic is done. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I promised myself 3 weeks ago I’d stop posting on here, and you’ll be delighted to know this is my last post.

Norwich City supporters? Josip came into a side that weren’t delivering the attacking football that we’d been accustomed to even as recently as earlier in the same season. We could’ve put Marco Van Basten up top for us in those last lockdown games & he’d have been lucky to score. Wake up, that’s the reality, he’s had nothing to work with whatsoever! And you’re delighting in making him feel as crap as possible! Love Norwich City but **** me do we have some right Worzel Gummidge bellends following us. I’m not buying every club has their fair share of such ‘supporter’. We are without doubt the complete Man City of entitled supporter knobheads. I watched every last game and thought Josip was on a hiding to nothing. Every striker needs chances. Especially one who’s hardly played. It’s **** and it’s no surprise given the vitriol aimed at him that he’s considering moving back to Europe so don’t be **** and knocking him for it, I don’t blame him.

And yet Idah only had a hand full of minutes and looked far stronger, threatening and up for a go.....did nothing on the pitch to warrant much support from this press release. Time will tell if he stays, then we’ll see how good he is in the championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Indy said:

And yet Idah only had a hand full of minutes and looked far stronger, threatening and up for a go.....did nothing on the pitch to warrant much support from this press release. Time will tell if he stays, then we’ll see how good he is in the championship.

It’s true, Indy, - Idah did come on once everyone was tiring after the likes of Drmic had done the dirty work, but thankfully no ones turned on him yet and for that reason I reckon he’ll still be feeling confident running out on the Carrow Rd hallowed turf. But god forbid if he doesn’t score after a few games, especially in more favourable circumstances.

Drmic had **** all to work with, and like I say, Van Basten would have had to run around like a headless chicken on those scraps after lockdown. Disgrace how so called supporters can single him out and vilify him - did they even watch how we tentatively played upon the restart? A strikers NIGHTMARE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can romanticise about **** football players or you can take your wife out for dinner.

Either way, no one truly cares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s true, Indy, - Idah did come on once everyone was tiring after the likes of Drmic had done the dirty work, but thankfully no ones turned on him yet and for that reason I reckon he’ll still be feeling confident running out on the Carrow Rd hallowed turf. But god forbid if he doesn’t score after a few games, especially in more favourable circumstances.

Drmic had **** all to work with, and like I say, Van Basten would have had to run around like a headless chicken on those scraps after lockdown. Disgrace how so called supporters can single him out and vilify him - did they even watch how we tentatively played upon the restart? A strikers NIGHTMARE.

Totally disagree. Both Pukki and Drmic have been given plenty of chances to score. You can't just say you sympathise. And both Pukki and Drmic have sqaundered numerous chances (and that's a fair assessment) If it had been on the other foot and he'd scored a few for us I would be sympathising, but chances have been created, and whilst it does take players time to adjust to the english game, he's looked quite poor for majority of the time he's been here, especially for  Swiss international (although you could argue Pukki has look a shadow of himself ever since his toe injury)

If a player is openly talking about his situation and stating "he could stay or go" then clearly he's not committed to the cause. Let him go and bring in players who are hungry to play for us, whatever the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The very fact that he said "It's 50/50. Could go either way" tells me that he needs to get the hell out of our fantastic football club and shut the door on the way through. Talk about a MEH statement. Get him out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All players signed last summer had a 50% wage reduction written into their contracts. So if Drmic was on £50k a week in the Prem, he’ll be on £25k now.

The last time Norwich were relegated from the Prem they had 12 players on over £20k a week - this time Drmic is the only one. 

Spot on, the ITK guy confirmed this too (thankfully). Guessing that reality has triggered his recent 'discussions'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

 I’m not buying every club has their fair share of such ‘supporter’. We are without doubt the complete Man City of entitled supporter knobheads.

Go have a browse of Leeds forums or similar and come back to me on that.

There are very few other groups of fans who would have taken a season like this with such minimal push back. Most fans would be baying for the managers head at this point, we've had the odd bit of 'Farke out' sentiment but actually not very much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t be sorry to see him go but some of the criticism he’s received has been way over the top. He’s been no worse than Pukki or anyone else since the restart and has had to feed off scraps. 

I think he’d do a good job in the Champs but if he’s on the wages suggested on here then he has to go really as I don’t think he’d be prolific. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

Spot on, the ITK guy confirmed this too (thankfully). Guessing that reality has triggered his recent 'discussions'

As it was written in Michael Bailey’s piece I don’t think it is anything particularly ‘ITK’.

I’m dubious of all those types of accounts as they are usually run by people who are good at making educated guesses and just read the latest news.  Most people who are truly ‘ITK’ don’t feel the need to throw it all over social media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

That may possibly be the case, but what’s this BS about “parking the bus”? That’s not how we’ve played generally this season, and specifically in the 7 games in which he’s played 45 minutes or more, we had the majority of possession in 3 of them-55%, 58% and 58%-and in 2 more we had 48% and 47%. It was only the Chelsea game-32%-and the Burnley game in which he got sent off-42%-that you could say the opposition dominated possession.

You think Norwich don’t park the bus? What was it 1goal in the last 16 matches! That tells you all you need to know. Farke is wrapped up with possession, backwards, sideways, any way but forward! With little  creativity in midfield they parked the bus, but weren’t good at it. Exactly what Drmic is stating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

You think Norwich don’t park the bus? What was it 1goal in the last 16 matches! That tells you all you need to know. Farke is wrapped up with possession, backwards, sideways, any way but forward! With little  creativity in midfield they parked the bus, but weren’t good at it. Exactly what Drmic is stating.

That isn't parking the bus though is it.

Parking the bus is sitting deep, multiple men behind the ball at all times, very little attacking intent. None of those apply to Farke teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Our possession was mostly just outside our own box! 

You do watch the games right? 

Yes.

You do know what ‘park the bus’ actually means right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, king canary said:

That isn't parking the bus though is it.

Parking the bus is sitting deep, multiple men behind the ball at all times, very little attacking intent. None of those apply to Farke teams.

Thank you KC 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand in the broader sense of wanting to play at the top level, but my goodness who is in charge of his media... has he had no coaching at all about what to say or how to read the room? We have him releasing music videos in the middle of a relegation battle, and you would have though the club would have pulled him aside and reminded him how that could be interpreted at such a difficult time for the club. To then follow up with comments like this just screams of a nativity... why say such ambiguous things when they know full well the fan base is looking at every interview for an indication of where peoples loyalties lie and who could be leaving.

He's not hit the ground running and I have no idea, even if he doesn't mean it, why you wouldn't say 'I've had a taste of the highest level, thats where I believe this club needs to be and I'm going to prove thats where i belong by firing them straight back up'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim Krul awarded our 2020 Player of the Season says a lot about our poor performances and brief flirtation in the Premiership. Tim gave his all as our last line of a constantly battered defence. I thought the before lock down Spuds Cup game being just one of his many highlights......Timmy K, the poor bloke has been the most busy and active 'on pitch' squad member especially during our capitulating, apathetic and abject performances and highlighted during those horrid behind closed door games.....

I digress, Drmic isn't/wasn't the only outfield player that was 'underperforming' during our floundering forage in the best league in the world....It makes it easy to 'Get Rid' and blame Drmic he can be our main target and resident Gold medalist scapegoat with Duda and Rupp getting silver and bronze respectively....His performances were certainly poor but.....

There are other members of our regular 'underperforming' current squad that also really need to take a long hard look at themselves and question when they collect their 'healthy' pay packets 'Have I honestly really earned this?'...'Did I give it my all and put a good shift in?'...

As it is, the majority of our support will sigh with relief and feel happier when Drmic is departing Norfolk....

There will also be a few 'better' members of our squad who'll depart quite soon to pastures new, shedding crocodile tears as they disappear into the distance - but then not even casting a fleeting look back....because they think 'they've made it'....

Let their new club's supporters be the decider of that....I mean, they could be their new club's Drmic?.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be genuinely interested to see what he was like in the Champ. If you compare our performances this season to last season, the players look completely different, so maybe dropping down a league would see him find his level? That said, his wages make that quite a gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, king canary said:

That isn't parking the bus though is it.

Parking the bus is sitting deep, multiple men behind the ball at all times, very little attacking intent. None of those apply to Farke teams.

Really. The league table  and stats don't lie. Think you are watching a different Farke team to me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Really. The league table  and stats don't lie. Think you are watching a different Farke team to me!

Clearly I am.

The league table and stats are irrelevent- not scoring doesn't mean you've parked the bus, it just means you aren't scoring. Nor does losing and being bottom mean you parked the bus- Mourhinho won the Champions League with Inter while parking the bus. 

I personally wish we'd been able to park the bus a bit more- we totally lacked the discipline to hold two banks of 4 and make it difficult for teams to play though us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

Really. The league table  and stats don't lie. Think you are watching a different Farke team to me!

There is a difference between parking the bus and being flat out rubbish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...