Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Has Drmic gone yet ?

Funny how he wants to play at the highest level! Shame he didn’t play in the premiership when he had the chance......I’d make sure he’s one of the first out the door with his attitude and performances, don’t need players who can’t play.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Maybe he’s got a recording deal ? 😳

Re-mix of Norwich City Calypso.

Very apt after the collapse of form in the last ten games!

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that doesn't read very well at all. We need more committed players than that, so hopefully someone will take him off our hands. 

It Does not read well at all 

i am not worried about Drmic i hope he goes BUT

are other players like Pukki thinking the same as in tactics 

Not fun for a striker to run for 90 mins without getting chances created for them 

i have a feeling we are seeing a bit of why we were rubbish after lock down and the players dressing room atmosphere 

like i said Drmic has not done well here and if he wants to go fine but he does speak the truth about chances etc 

Urgh that is an ugly interview. 

If his popularity was waning before... well, that attitude is not exactly going to win many people back.

• Like 1

Can’t say I see anything wrong with the interview personally. Player at relegated club is considering his future shocker!

Didn’t Tettey do an interview after one of the other relegations flat out saying he wanted to leave? 

I think this is just more honesty in an interview than we are used to from UK media - players are generally much more guarded here and give it all the platitudes. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Can’t say I see anything wrong with the interview personally. Player at relegated club is considering his future shocker!

Didn’t Tettey do an interview after one of the other relegations flat out saying he wanted to leave? 

I think this is just more honesty in an interview than we are used to from UK media - players are generally much more guarded here and give it all the platitudes. 

...could be the first murmurings of a little bit of discontent within the dressing room concerning the tactics which where deployed. Obvious the players were not displaying any degree of desire  or appetite for a fight post lockdown.

• Like 1

I get where he’s coming from in terms of being constantly pegged back, we suffered all season from poor ball retention and rarely found ourselves on the front door, it’s one of the reasons Pukki’s goals tailed off and I can’t imagine it was much fun for a striker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That may possibly be the case, but what’s this BS about “parking the bus”? That’s not how we’ve played generally this season, and specifically in the 7 games in which he’s played 45 minutes or more, we had the majority of possession in 3 of them-55%, 58% and 58%-and in 2 more we had 48% and 47%. It was only the Chelsea game-32%-and the Burnley game in which he got sent off-42%-that you could say the opposition dominated possession.

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That may possibly be the case, but what’s this BS about “parking the bus”? That’s not how we’ve played generally this season, and specifically in the 7 games in which he’s played 45 minutes or more, we had the majority of possession in 3 of them-55%, 58% and 58%-and in 2 more we had 48% and 47%. It was only the Chelsea game-32%-and the Burnley game in which he got sent off-42%-that you could say the opposition dominated possession.

How much of our possession stats were passing it around the back 4 and Krul all season while trying to avoid the press? 

22 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

...could be the first murmurings of a little bit of discontent within the dressing room concerning the tactics which where deployed. Obvious the players were not displaying any degree of desire  or appetite for a fight post lockdown.

I think it just reflects that things haven’t been going well. Reading too much into some out of context lines from an interview in a different language usually leads to making some heroic assumptions that over inflate small points. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I presume he is just thinking about the Chelsea game - which he received a lot of stick (including the infamous Instagram messages). I doubt he had all the possession stats in his mind when he said that. He might have been asked about just that game or the abuse he made public. 

• Like 1

If only there were a way he could record his feelings on this to the backing tune of a disco beat. Maybe a euro dance version of the Clash should I stay or should I go...

2 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

An awful lot being read into a brief interview. 

You could be Right but the players were not happy after lockdown the performances have shown us that 

of course might have been they had a gut full of being beaten each week but i think there is more to our failings 

One that has not worked out unfortunately and i do not expect things to get any better in the championship with him. If there is any possibility of getting rid and saving some cash on the deal i would love to see it happen. He had a bright start to his career but injuries have put paid to that he has not had a half decent season for about 5 years and he is still only 27

Park the bus probably the wrong phase but as English is not his first language..... Think it's probably best for all concerned if he goes but if he is on the reported £20k a week, think it will cost us to end an unsuccessful stint in the yellow and green.

8 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Park the bus probably the wrong phase but as English is not his first language..... Think it's probably best for all concerned if he goes but if he is on the reported £20k a week, think it will cost us to end an unsuccessful stint in the yellow and green.

There is an 'in the know' guy on twitter and has got a lot right recently and appears to have an inside line or two at the club... anyway he recently said Drmic is our highest earner and on around £50k a week (benefits of a free transfer). If this is true, a parting may be very mutually beneficial outcome here 

Injury prone and total failure in the Premiership this season, might do ok in the Champ next season. Was a free agent though so has only cost us his wages, and if we manage to get an offer for him I think we should take it as I believe he’s currently the highest earning player in the squad. That only leaves us with Pukki and Idah though, with Pukki touted for a move and possibly even past it following the injury he picked up in December - is he going to be challenging for the golden boot in the Champ again next season? I also still have uncertainty over whether Idah is ready for the Champ as well.

If Drmic does go I think we should look at replacing him with someone around his age and isn’t injury prone, preferably from a Prem or Champ club

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Parking the bus refers to his movement 

20 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

There is an 'in the know' guy on twitter and has got a lot right recently and appears to have an inside line or two at the club... anyway he recently said Drmic is our highest earner and on around £50k a week (benefits of a free transfer). If this is true, a parting may be very mutually beneficial outcome here 

All players signed last summer had a 50% wage reduction written into their contracts. So if Drmic was on £50k a week in the Prem, he’ll be on £25k now.

The last time Norwich were relegated from the Prem they had 12 players on over £20k a week - this time Drmic is the only one.