Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Season Ticket Rebate has arrived

Just looked having read this and indeed there it is in my bank. However the away membership rebate is still not there.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just looked having read this and indeed there it is in my bank. However the away membership rebate is still not there.

Yep I noticed that to. I assume that will arrive shortly.

They did say end of the month so that’s handy.  I don’t think people are in a position to moan too much at those who got their money back, obviously in a nice ideal situation we’d have all given it to CSF, but I imagine many of us are not in that ‘ideal’ situation.  I took a refund of my s/t and undertook to give some to CSF which I’ll now do, but ‘donated’ my son’s membership refund direct.

I’m still a little flummoxed that they haven’t  told us the stats of what was returned/given up.

My cheque refund arrived this morning. If there was an option for club shop vouchers, I probably would have taken those, as the £131 will basically cover next season's home shirt and the season's programmes, so will be going back into the club.

The covering letter mentions 20/21 Rebates - stating "...if any games in the upcoming 20/21 season are played behind closed doors, the club will again offer a pro-rata rebate".

You'd have to assume that also applied to games that aren't played behind closed doors, but are in front of reduced capacity.

54 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My understanding is away memberships are being refunded by cheque, like the season tickets paid for in full (ie other than by direct debit) 

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

My understanding is away memberships are being refunded by cheque, like the season tickets paid for in full (ie other than by direct debit) 

A cheque you say Greavsy ? Blimey i cannot think of the last time i wrote one of those out let alone banked one. I clung on for ages waiting for Premium Bond winnings to drop through the letterbox but eventually gave in to technology.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

A cheque you say Greavsy ? Blimey i cannot think of the last time i wrote one of those out let alone banked one. I clung on for ages waiting for Premium Bond winnings to drop through the letterbox but eventually gave in to technology.

It is a bit old school Til, I'll agree with you there. 

I may for my season ticket in one payment, and they have said to expect a cheque. 

I know my son's away season ticket is being done by cheque too, although he has received his home season ticket refund in the bank today, as he paid monthly. 

The only problem I have with a cheque is the queues outside the bank. Hopefully I can bank at a post office, which may be a bit quicker. 

Modern times eh? 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It is a bit old school Til, I'll agree with you there. 

I may for my season ticket in one payment, and they have said to expect a cheque. 

I know my son's away season ticket is being done by cheque too, although he has received his home season ticket refund in the bank today, as he paid monthly. 

The only problem I have with a cheque is the queues outside the bank. Hopefully I can bank at a post office, which may be a bit quicker. 

Modern times eh? 

Unbelievably just this very minute guess what has dropped through the letterbox ?

Beyond spooky and for the grand amount of £10.53p so now to join the queue at the bank next time i pop into the city.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Unbelievably just this very minute guess what has dropped through the letterbox ?

Beyond spooky and for the grand amount of £10.53p so now to join the queue at the bank next time i pop into the city.

Was just about to post that mine has just been delivered too. 

3 hours ago, CaptCanary said:

My cheque refund arrived this morning. If there was an option for club shop vouchers, I probably would have taken those, as the £131 will basically cover next season's home shirt and the season's programmes, so will be going back into the club.

The covering letter mentions 20/21 Rebates - stating "...if any games in the upcoming 20/21 season are played behind closed doors, the club will again offer a pro-rata rebate".

You'd have to assume that also applied to games that aren't played behind closed doors, but are in front of reduced capacity.

My letter says that any refunds for the 2020/21 season will be paid at the end of the season. I think the club may have to revisit that if the majority of the season will be BCD or you are not lucky enough to get entry for a (severely) restricted capacity game.

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Was just about to post that mine has just been delivered too. 

Get yourself mobile banking and you can just upload a photo of the cheque to pay it in. No need to visit banks anymore - just as well as my nearest branch is over 10 miles away....

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Got two letters today both with cheques.

Slightly irritating because having paid with a credit card I was expecting the money to be returned to the card. Now got to shuffle off to the bank with a sleeping bag to survive the queue or spend even longer trying to work out how to use the bank’s mobile app which they say lets you photograph the cheque to save queuing.

First world problems, eh ? 😀😉

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

My letter says that any refunds for the 2020/21 season will be paid at the end of the season. I think the club may have to revisit that if the majority of the season will be BCD or you are not lucky enough to get entry for a (severely) restricted capacity game.

Can’t find any mention of settling up refunds at the end of next season in my letters Capt.Pants.

They only mention pro-rata rebates for games played BCD. “ ....we will proactively reach out “   ( which In English means contact you in advance ) if the situation changes.

I think if they can have only limited attendances and you don’t attend they would refund/credit towards future purchases during the season. Would be a bit rich hanging on to everything until next May.

57 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Get yourself mobile banking and you can just upload a photo of the cheque to pay it in. No need to visit banks anymore - just as well as my nearest branch is over 10 miles away....

Alas natwest, who I bank with don't offer such a facility I'm afraid. 😔 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Can’t find any mention of settling up refunds at the end of next season in my letters Capt.Pants.

They only mention pro-rata rebates for games played BCD. “ ....we will proactively reach out “   ( which In English means contact you in advance ) if the situation changes.

I think if they can have only limited attendances and you don’t attend they would refund/credit towards future purchases during the season. Would be a bit rich hanging on to everything until next May.

Hopefully be something along the lines that Wet Spam have implemented - For every match we are unable to welcome you to London Stadium in the 2020/21 season, due to COVID-19 social distancing measures, we will automatically refund the pro-rata value of the match to the pay holder’s card or account within 30 days of the fixture taking place.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/july/27-july/season-ticket-renewals-open-202021-premier-league-season

15 minutes ago, CaptCanary said:

Hopefully be something along the lines that Wet Spam have implemented - For every match we are unable to welcome you to London Stadium in the 2020/21 season, due to COVID-19 social distancing measures, we will automatically refund the pro-rata value of the match to the pay holder’s card or account within 30 days of the fixture taking place.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2020/july/27-july/season-ticket-renewals-open-202021-premier-league-season

Sounds like I’ll be getting 23 separate cheques then.

God help me. 😢

PS. Make that 24. Forgot about the away memb

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If not paid by D/D it’s a cheque. Arrived this a.m.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I thought we can’t both be right about the refund plans. Seems like we were as I’ve just seen a letter from someone who pays by DD and it does say end of the season.

I pay mine up front so I got a different letter.

Most odd.....

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I thought we can’t both be right about the refund plans. Seems like we were as I’ve just seen a letter from someone who pays by DD and it does say end of the season.

I pay mine up front so I got a different letter.

Most odd.....

Yes I pay by DD and my letter definitely says next season. In some ways it makes sense as you can't get a refund on something you haven't paid for in full yet.

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

we will proactively reach out “   ( which In English means contact you in advance )

That phrase drives me nuts too

59 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes I pay by DD and my letter definitely says next season. In some ways it makes sense as you can't get a refund on something you haven't paid for in full yet.

I can see what you mean but paying by DD is a good way to budget and it seems unfair that DD’ers have to wait longer than lump sum’ers. 20,000-odd season tickets holders won’t all be able to go at once if phased attendances are introduced and people who pay by DD have already paid a fair bit up front.

With the current economic uncertainty both groups deserve to have refunds ASAP if they are unable to attend