Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Are we ever going to sign......

........ someone I’ve heard off. All these unknowns coming in surely there has to be some out goings soon.

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

........ someone I’ve heard off. All these unknowns coming in surely there has to be some out goings soon.

Definitely outgoings soon, auctioneer Webber has his hammer in hand. 

It would probably be helpful to the club if you could send them a list of all the players you've heard of, so they have a better idea of whom they can target.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they can't play. There will definitely be a sale or two soon - makes more sense to sell a player when the replacement is already in the building rather than have a panic search when you lose a player and desperately need a new one.

That's also how you end up paying silly money. Wildschut, anyone?

Relax, they've done their business before selling any of the top youngsters and inadvertently doubling the price of the lads they just bought. If they'd sold Buendia (as an example) for £15 million (again, for example), do you reckon we'd get these lads so cheap, or do you reckon it would have put another quarter of a million (or more) on the asking price?

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they can't play. There will definitely be a sale or two soon - makes more sense to sell a player when the replacement is already in the building rather than have a panic search when you lose a player and desperately need a new one.

That's also how you end up paying silly money. Wildschut, anyone?

Relax, they've done their business before selling any of the top youngsters and inadvertently doubling the price of the lads they just bought. If they'd sold Buendia (as an example) for £15 million (again, for example), do you reckon we'd get these lads so cheap, or do you reckon it would have put another quarter of a million (or more) on the asking price?

I do hope Buendia goes for more than £15m. If  Norwich spend 30% of the money that’s going to come in this summer then it’s all we can hope for. 

35 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Must be an age thing CK as I've never heard of them either. I don't play Football Manager anymore so don't know who's who in British football let alone from europe and beyond.

4 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I was kinda hoping this was the fabled Jordon Rhodes thread 

Patience Freddo, patience.

I hadn't heard of many of the players who did well for us when winning the Championship. Stieperman, Buendia, Hernandez, Vrancic, Leitner, Zimmerman, Trybull and Godfrey were all new names to me when we signed them. I'd barely heard of Maddison either until we bought him. 

I had heard of Van Wolfswinkel, Naismith and Wildschut though, all of whom cost £7m or more and provided real value for money 

Edited by seanthecanary

9 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

A few players I’ve heard of . Geoff Hurst . Maradona. Wes Hoolahan . That useless bloke that plays centre half for the Binners . 

Leave it with me. I’ll see what I can do.