Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Finland Manager Tells Pukki he Should leave

Pukki’s last Chance of a big payday with a decent length contract, can see there being offers and him being off. Apart from his awful form he didn’t look happy at all

I Would sell if we got a offer ,

has looked half the player since his injury 

will he return to a 20 goal a season striker ??

Something is not right injury or maybe just confidence 

but something looks totally different with him 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I Would sell if we got a offer ,

has looked half the player since his injury 

will he return to a 20 goal a season striker ??

Something is not right injury or maybe just confidence 

but something looks totally different with him 

You may have a point, it is difficult to tell from the outside looking in. I feel he has the ability at top level, but we flogged him to death and other sides started to work out our tactics. This coupled with a loss in confidence of player and squad and the chances drying up got us to where we are. That said unless he is terribly unhappy then he is already on a long contract and will go nowhere unless we want him to. It is difficult to say what he is worth  , to a Leeds or WBA possibly he could make the difference to staying up or not and even at his age would  be worth £10m. It is a lot of money but Maupay and Bowen went for upwards of £20m from the championship so unless we were very lucky indeed we could not replace him for that type of fee. When we shop in the bargain basement there are gems to be found  and we have done do, but for every Pukki there  are plenty of duds

Having climbed the hill once with us, he may feel his time here has run its course. There'd be a lot of pressure on him to try and emulate his promotion season success. It wouldn't surprise me if he left on mutually agreeable terms.

Unless he is want away and we get an excellent offer, I would say there is absolutely no chance we should try and move him on. I find it absolutely bizarre people are not too bothered about him moving on, given he is precisely the sort of player we would be looking to sign in the Championship and probably with a reasonably high fee too.

11 hours ago, ELYOUKAYEE said:

I've been wondering what Shefti Kuqi's been up to in since his retirement..

He was head coach for some Finnish clubs between 2014-2017, but I think he is unemployed now (at least from football related things) so he might be available for low cost 😉 

It's a difficult decision. If he starts in the Champs next season and doesn't get his mojo back (which is not quite the same as scoring loads of goals) then his market value plummets. If, however, he does recover his form and appetite (and fitness?) then even at 31 he would still command a decent fee.

So do we cash in now for, say, £10m or gamble?

I doubt he'll score 30 gaols again, but even 15 in the champs could be the difference. I think we have enough assets now for the gamble to be worth taking so I wouldn't sell.