Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Finland Manager Tells Pukki he Should leave

He's been saying that for at least a year now. I'm sure if Pukki ended up at a club like Newcastle (or similar size) and just sat on the bench the Finnish manager would then be saying 'Pukki should be playing football every week'.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Like 1

I also did read the Finnish interview and he also mentioned not being one taking care of Teemu's career planning. I think it was more of his opinion that Pukki has required quality to play in top 5 league and therefore would be good to play there to get tougher matches. Which I agree from national team perspective.

Finland has first ever Euro finals in next summer, and Championship has tons of games with heavy schedule. Bit lower amount of games against higher quality opponents would likely see him staying in better shape for national team as well. If he needs to take as big role here as he have had in last two seasons, it is likely he will be totally exhausted by summer.

I think in those leagues there are plenty of teams where he would be number one striker as well.

Just now, Mr Angry said:

Strange, he picked him when we were in the Championship last season 🤔

He's their best striker. He'd be picked whatever league he played in,be it the championship,Div.1or any other league other than the so called "top 5".Kanerva is talking s***!

• Like 1

Was just thinking how odd this is - he's their best striker, and pretty much the only reason they made the euros. If he's just voicing an opinion on Pukki's ability then fair enough, if it's a veiled threat to say he'd consider not picking Pukki then he's bang out of order given Pukki's contribution in getting them there.

It’s not like the rest of his squad are running out for top European sides week in week out. 

Having said that I expect him to move and us to cash in.

7 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

It’s not like the rest of his squad are running out for top European sides week in week out. 

Having said that I expect him to move and us to cash in.

I feel that he'll stay here. I reckon he would rather try and replicate what he done last season goalscoring wise and fully recover his confidence ready for the euro's,than be a bit part somewhere else.🤞🤞

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Was just thinking how odd this is - he's their best striker, and pretty much the only reason they made the euros. If he's just voicing an opinion on Pukki's ability then fair enough, if it's a veiled threat to say he'd consider not picking Pukki then he's bang out of order given Pukki's contribution in getting them there.

Nothing like that. Kanerva is very calm person who has created secure atmosphere to national team and I could never see him to say something such as a threat. I take it more as vote of confidence, telling that even though he had bad last half of season he is still top level player.

If it has anything to do with on going transfer talks, one could even speculate its more a gentle advice that Turkey might not be best league to move if some transfer would happen..

• Like 1

Finland manager should shut his f**king mouth. Not appropriate at all for him to be making these sort of comments. What does he know about managing players at anything close to top five divisions level.

he wasn’t saying the same when Pukki was firing his team to qualification whilst banging them in for us in the championship. 

A quick retort from Teemu might be that he's thinking of retiring from international football. Gets up my nose when international managers start advising what's best for players.

There’s been a lot of argument amongst us fans on whether he should he should or shouldn’t go. Personally I really don’t know. Yes ever since that injury against Leicester back in December he’s only ever scored 2 goals, both penalties with the last one back in January, but the only other first team strikers we have are Idah, Drmic. Drmic might be ok for the Championship but he’s horribly injury prone, I’m not 100% convinced Idah is ready for it yet

If we do consider selling Pukki then I think we should look for a first team striker from a Championship club, or maybe a reserve team striker from a PL club first

The pinkun journos are certainly keen to talk up the story of Pukki leaving, for some reason - whether there’s anything in it or not, I guess we’ll find out, but they appear to have to mention it in every other story.  IMO he’d be just as well to stay where he knows and is happy, regain his form and all parties will benefit; there’s always the chance that he’s a busted flush and we’d be better shot of him - but I think/ hope that isn’t the case.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Where’s the problem? We all know if any other club offered £10m+ for Pukki regardless if he wanted to stay we would sell. Just think Bradly Johnson who absolutely loved if here but was sold behind his back. 

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Where’s the problem? We all know if any other club offered £10m+ for Pukki regardless if he wanted to stay we would sell. Just think Bradly Johnson who absolutely loved if here but was sold behind his back. 

Bradley Johnson who wasn’t PL quality and allegedly was causing problems in the dressing room?

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Bradley Johnson who wasn’t PL quality and allegedly was causing problems in the dressing room?

The same Bradley who had just scored 15 goals,  won player of the season and signed a new contract. 

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

We would be selling the whole squad on your ability description then now? 

Is the Finnland manager trying to help Pukki? So Pukki can leave and say that he had to leave to geth to play for the National team? 

Edited by Olano

International managers should not be allowed to interfere in this way. 

He needs to be reminded that we took Pukki on when nobody else wanted him, brought out the best in him and turned him into a top class striker. Finland have been greatly rewarded for our work. 

He would have been better to have said that Pukki needs to regain his form. Playing in the Championship is better for his confidence and is more on a level with the national team  I'm sure most of the Finland side would be happy to play there. 

Having said that, I think it is best for Pukki to move on, I think his confidence has gone, it could come back but we rely on him too much and we need to develop Idah. 

I agree that Norwich FC turned Pukki's fortunes around and now his name is well known.

The Finish manager should but out, Pukki should do whatever he feels happy doing whether stay or go he has been a good servant.

Any Norwich fan saying Pukki should leave is just plain nuts. 30 goals he got last year with superb finishing and my god hitting half that you'd want him as a 2nd striker at least.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The same Bradley who had just scored 15 goals,  won player of the season and signed a new contract. 

And was nowhere near PL quality when the club received a bid at the very peak of his market value?

Yes, that Bradley

Reading Farke’s comments regarding making tough decisions on players who were outstanding in champ winning season but struggled in prem, plus the rumours and his age makes me think we will look to cash out and get a high transfer fee for Pukki.  

Also falling into the ‘struggling in the prem’ bracket would be Trybull, Klose, Stiepermann, Drmic. Also can see Buendia going if the price is right. Possibly Vrancic given his lack of mobility but if we are going to be attacking with more possession then he is still a great option off the bench and squad rotation during a busy fixture schedule 

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I thought it was "in the Bedrooms", but maybe the bedrooms had dressing rooms attached?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strange intervention. He is such a key play for Finland he will be first name on the team sheet regardless of who he plays for. I could understand him being concerned if Pukki was not getting much game time at his club but that clearly is not the case. Yes thePL is the best testing ground and he may be worried about his tail off in form in the second half of the season but the championship is better than many top leagues across Europe so having him fit and scoring goals again should be a win win for all. Probably a classic case  of sticking your nose in when not required, it would be interesting to know the Pukki take on it ie  is he influenced or irritated by his National managers intervention

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We would be selling the whole squad on your ability description then now? 

If we got bids way over their value, possibly.