Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Wolfie's charity 5,000-mile challenge

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Only if you live in Norfolk. I'm too young to die.

Mate ,I was gonna double my donation if you collected in person. Fair play to ye Wolfo, great effort and good idea to up the challenge a bit, just dont get ' too into it '.......but I'm sure you know  whats best for you .Top fortunes for the rest of the challenge. Mind them pesky parked cars!!!!!. 

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Well impressed with your latest ride Wolfie, very high winds forecast for tomorrow so maybe a good day to have a rest day.........

I had a ride planned with a friend for tomorrow morning, but I've taken a rain check on that. Will try to go out in the evening when the winds have dropped a bit... I really want to put something on the clock every day.

Made it to the seaside yesterday for the first time (despite horrendous weather!), and did my longest single ride today (34 miles). I'm now on 415 miles, so well on target for 600!

fb7u1A93EIA5RJSVOfwP44fhyytSX5I07MPeaqehFxA-1536x2048.jpg

cw23jgHEuNH2fPa3Qm0BZv68mxH2wAllUm89QqYXkpU-2048x2048.jpg

• Like 4

LISTEN UP FOLKS!

A week tomorrow, Sunday August 30th, I'm doing my 50-mile-plus ride around Norwich/central Norfolk.

I'm trying to plan a route, but I need people to ride with, or places I can ride past (people's houses, places of work etc.). It'd be lovely to ride with (or at least wave at!) some happy PUPs on my travels. Anyone fancy it? I'm currently riding a few miles with people from Mattishall and Taverham, but I'm really keen to get other people involved. @FenwayFrank, did you say you'd seen me riding somewhere a week or two ago? Could you 'give me a wave' perhaps?

If anyone's interested, send me a PM - any names/locations will remain confidential.

I'm now over my original total of 500 miles! I haven't been out today due to the wind, but here's my rather ambitious plan for Sunday: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1255701

I'm going to attempt to break the 100km barrier (about 62 miles), which includes a little jaunt on the Reedham Ferry. I'm aiming to finish up at The Rose Tavern for a well-earnt pint of ale.

My fundraising total currently stands at £2,545 (including some donations made through Facebook), so if anyone fancies making any last-minute additions to my fund, here's the link: https://tiny.cc/colo600.

This has been a really rewarding and humbling experience for me, and I'm determined to continue my cycling in one form or another. A significant proportion of the money I've raised has come from the remarkably generous folk on this here forum, so I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

And please don't forget the bottom line here, which is raising money and awareness for mental health provision in Norfolk. It's never been more important than it is now.

Peace and love,
Colo 🙂

• Like 8

Here's my route for Sunday, folks. More detailed version here: https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1255701

If I'm coming past you, feel free to pop out and give me a wave... timings should be pretty accurate as long as no ill-fortune befalls me.

Keep spreading the word to your families, friends and colleagues... Twitter @matcolo, Instagram @matcolo1980, and donations to tiny.cc/colo600.

Also, keep an eye on my social media at the end of the ride, as there may just be an exciting announcement...

100km.thumb.png.6bc6a8e7b8eba44887ee79b2b3c7ca40.png

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 3

Well done Matt on what you're doing to raise money for your charity,  pleased that you have reached your target 

• Like 1

I'm delighted to say that I have smashed my target, and cycled a total of 640 miles during August! Thanks so much to everyone who has supported me, the generosity from the Pinkun community has been remarkable and really quite humbling.

I rode 66 miles yesterday, which was about three miles further than planned due to my complete inability to mapread on the fly. It was fantastic to be joined by @Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB from Chedgrave to Freethorpe, and then @FenwayFrank from Salhouse to Carrow Road.  

My fundraising total currently stands at £2,807, so if anyone fancies making any further contributions to move me up to the £3,000 mark, that would be amazing: tiny.cc/colo600

I'm far from finished, though: I've got an exciting new charity cycling venture starting on September 10. Watch this space for further details...

IMG_20200830_150510566.thumb.jpg.8cdbc20af2287d9fce32e08607927143.jpgIMG_20200830_150647125.thumb.jpg.6dd969a928642f61b4116d54de312cdc.jpgIMG_20200830_125411487.thumb.jpg.6610d9c019cf6e963d8e979f7553ec0f.jpg

IMG_20200830_125951847_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

Great to meet you Wolfie and to ride and chat with you. My bro in law went past me in his van whilst I was waiting for you at Chedgrave, he pinged me a text as I was crossing back over Reedham ferry asking what I was up to, told him about you and your challenge and got him to donate!!. Mrs Boadicea says it is a good job you had her energy bars to enable you to ride those extra miles!!. On to the next one Wolfie!!.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Nice to ride with you Wolfie, I bet that pint tasted lovely 😁

They all tasted lovely... 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

So, how are you feeling now, FTW/Matt?

Glad to have it all behind you ...?

I'm absolutely fine, thanks! Taking a well-deserved week off, but will be back out for a ride on Saturday weather permitting.

Did I mention that I'm launching a new charity cycling endeavour on September 10th...?

Game On.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm absolutely fine, thanks! Taking a well-deserved week off, but will be back out for a ride on Saturday weather permitting.

Did I mention that I'm launching a new charity cycling endeavour on September 10th...?

Game On.png

Nice one. It must feel amazing to have completed it. Love the way you picked up some very game posters on the way!

Tell us more about 5000COLO ... your elevator pitch,* if you like , for those who haven’t yet ‘clicked’

(*also that thingy that Norwich use to tilt the game in their favour at half time)

Just now, GenerationA47 said:

Nice one. It must feel amazing to have completed it. Love the way you picked up some very game posters on the way!

Tell us more about 5000COLO ... your elevator pitch,* if you like , for those who haven’t yet ‘clicked’

(*also that thingy that Norwich use to tilt the game in their favour at half time)

All I can tell you at this juncture is that it's launching on September 10th. I've got a lot of logistical stuff to sort out in the next week or so to get everything together. Stay tuned, you'll hear about it here (until someone says it has to go in 'Non-Football', at least!).

Oh, and there's a pretty obvious clue in the name... 🙂

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

All I can tell you at this juncture is that it's launching on September 10th. I've got a lot of logistical stuff to sort out in the next week or so to get everything together. Stay tuned, you'll hear about it here (until someone says it has to go in 'Non-Football', at least!).

Oh, and there's a pretty obvious clue in the name... 🙂

I have a suspicion The Proclaimers might rejig the lyrics....

"And I will ride five thousand miles, and I will ride five thousand more. And when I've done five thousand miles just open the bloody door!"

• Haha 1

Hi folks. I'm back, and this time I'm raising money for five different Norfolk-based charities/organisations, including our very own CSF! I'm planning to ride 5,000 miles over the course of the next 12 months; my 'stretch target' would be to complete it before the last game of the season away to Barnsley.

I plan to ride through every single village in Norfolk as part of the campaign, and you can see me talking about it tomorrow night on Anglia News (6-6.30pm). I'll put social media/fundraising links up in due course, but for now, feel free to share the press release below.

I'm also looking for companies to sponsor the ride: I'm especially looking for someone to cover the cost of repairs/gear (which shouldn't be that much), and also someone to help with printing of flyers/posters/business cards for the ride. In exchange for support, the company would be given publicity through my website, press releases, social media channels and possibly branded audio/video content.

Also, as before, I'm happy to ride with anyone who fancies it, and I can come to you wherever you may be in Nelson's County. If anyone's interested in helping with sponsorship or wants to be involved in any other way, please drop me a DM or email me at colofivethousand@gmail.com.

OTBC!
Wolfie/Colo x

718424028_5000COLOoverview.thumb.jpg.16fe8bd33a5bbef4095a0bd944f8701d.jpg

5000COLO overview.pdf

Just seen you on the late news wolfie. 

Much respect for the fund raising / mileage covered and good luck with the new venture. 

• Thanks 1

Hi folks. I'm not tapping you up for more money, because the Pinkun posters have been incredibly generous already with my previous charity challenge.

What I would dearly love, though, is if those same generous posters would be able to help with raising awareness about my new campaign. I'm riding 5,000 miles over the course of the season, visiting every single village in Norfolk en route, to raise money for five fantastic local organisations:

Norwich City Community Sports Foundation
Norfolk and Waveney Mind
The 12th Man
Norwich Soup Movement
Sir Norman Lamb Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund

I'm writing a blog about my experiences, and I also have a webpage here. What I could really use, though, is a corporate sponsor. I'll need to drive to some places in order to tick off a bunch of villages in the locality, and I'll also need season-appropriate riding gear as well as repairs and maintenance to my bike. I'm also keen to get business cards, posters and flyers printed to help spread the word about what I'm doing. If you know of any employers who would be keen to help, I can offer extensive publicity in return. If I was in a financial position to cover this stuff myself I would do so in a heartbeat, but my financial situation is precarious at the moment so I have no problem with asking for help from the private sector.

Finally, I want to talk to people. I want to meet individuals and organisations who are doing anything at all around social good, fundraising, community or charity. I'm happy to stop for a cuppa and a chat, ride alongside people, or even create articles, podcasts or video around what I'm doing. I'll talk to schoolchildren, charities, sports teams, interest groups... anything that can help Norfolk to become a more open, more inclusive and kinder place.

Thanks for listening, you lovely bunch.

Wolfie / Colo / Matt x

You're doing some awesome stuff here Wolfie.

Wish I could help but I can't even ride a bike! I will donate again though.

And I'll share your page on facebook.

Thanks @nutty nigel and @Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB. Faded, we can definitely ride again soon; I'll drop you a message.

If anyone gets a spare two minutes this Sunday to do something for the greater good, sharing my social media pages and website among your friends and family would be a wonderful gesture.

And if there's anything happening in your village/area that's newsworthy in a charitable or good-vibes kind of way, do let me know; I'll hop on the bike and come to take a look. OTBC!

Webpage  Blog  Donations  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter

• Like 1

I'm not going to post on this thread too much as I don't want to take liberties with your patience, but I'm over 300 miles already and have visited more than 100 villages.

I'm going to be on national TV on Sunday; 'All Around Britain' at 11.20am on ITV.

I'm also meeting Tettey and Zimbo on Monday to collect my fundraising certificate for my previous fundraiser for Sir Norman Lamb's Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund.

I've been up to all sorts of other stuff, too, including a guided tour of The Nest from the lovely Emma at CSF (image below).

Just a reminder that you can keep up to date with my ride at these links: Webpage  Blog  Donations  Facebook  Instagram  Twitter

I also have some posters and flyers now, so if anyone would like to display any in their place of work/local boozer/other, just drop me a message and I'll sort you out.

Matt/Colo/Wolfie x

day005pic1.thumb.jpg.3ab0c8bfb13b0c2d4343408d210c0212.jpg

• Like 3