Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Wolfie's charity 5,000-mile challenge

On 08/08/2020 at 16:54, Feedthewolf said:

I know, Winky! I was only joshing myself. I'm up to 140 miles now; went for a lush ride around prime Broadland this morning with @Fifty, who I didn't even know had an account on here until today! Even though he's mostly a lurker, I'm calling him out anyway as it was a real pleasure to ride with him.

Back to solo riding tomorrow, and I'm thinking of going up to Reepham on the Marriott's Way... would be nice to get 'off road' for a bit.

***INDECENCY WARNING***

Today's ride was a little tougher, and I'm a lot sorer 'down there' than I have been so far. It's not the plums so much, but the areas around my 'sit bones'... I've used body butter and medicated talc... would an ice pack do any good down there, do you think? 

Thanks for letting me tag along @Feed-the-wolf - well worth the 530 alarm to get the dog fed and walked before heading over to Norfolk. Hope all is good to go again in the next day or so after today’s adventures. Got a few aches myself after yesterday’s football return at 40 but would hope to be able to join you for one more ride at least before you hit the magic 500

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Farke life said:

Your bike was in a mess Wolfie but it's okay now and all straightened out. Hope you're recovering well. I got the bike fixed close to closing time today so I'll take it out for a test ride in the morning and then you can get back out on the road 🙂🙂

Oh, you absolute legend! You've got my number, so just let me know when it's ready and I'll be in to collect it and make up for lost time. Hope you feel like hanging around and becoming part of the Pinkun community. Have a pint on me at some point soon! OTBC.

9 minutes ago, Fifty said:

Thanks for letting me tag along @Feed-the-wolf - well worth the 530 alarm to get the dog fed and walked before heading over to Norfolk. Hope all is good to go again in the next day or so after today’s adventures. Got a few aches myself after yesterday’s football return at 40 but would hope to be able to join you for one more ride at least before you hit the magic 500

You tagged the wrong guy... I didn't know I had an imposter! 🙂

Looks like I'll be back on the road tomorrow thanks to the sterling work of @Farke life... that's my extra day burnt up, so no more latitude for ridiculous ****-ups.

Hope we can ride again before the month is out, and hope you decide to hang out on here a little bit more!

Loving this thread and what you're doing here Wolfie.

Glad you're ok but please be careful and don't forget to use the PUPpower🙃👍🚴‍♀️💪

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Loving this thread and what you're doing here Wolfie.

Glad you're ok but please be careful and don't forget to use the PUPpower🙃👍🚴‍♀️💪

Trust me, stacking into the back of a parked car at full speed is a mistake I'll only make once.

On 08/08/2020 at 21:11, lake district canary said:

Have you got a cushioned cover for the saddle? They are quite cheap and are good for purpose.

What's a saddle?....It sounds like Wolfie's been sitting on just a seat post.....

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hope you managed to hobble off before the car owner came back.

Would probably be claiming the jalopy was that totalled 😀😉

I did report the damage online on the Norfolk Police website. The damage wasn't extensive (a scratch and a small dent), but I wanted to do the right thing.

Oh yeah, and I smashed my first 30-miler this evening. Bib shorts make one hell of a difference!

matcolo1980_117234205_337547797619069_4568257215622620972_n.thumb.jpg.b43f5d87d7512606f8409d09c498b249.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Oh yeah, and I smashed my first 30-miler this evening. Bib shorts make one hell of a difference!

matcolo1980_117234205_337547797619069_4568257215622620972_n.thumb.jpg.b43f5d87d7512606f8409d09c498b249.jpg

I can tell you now that with those bib shorts, under that wonderful ASICS era shirt, FTW looks like a Scottish wrestler. 

• Haha 1

I'll be going on Radio Norfolk at 8.50am on Thursday, as part of their 'Make A Difference' campaign.

"Hello Nayul..."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Have you bonked yet ? 😁

I've bonked into a parked car at high speed, if that counts.

But nah, I'm pretty good at pacing myself. If I've still got energy when I'm a couple of miles from home, I'll give it a bit of extra oomph!

• Like 1

On 11/08/2020 at 12:38, Feedthewolf said:

I'll be going on Radio Norfolk at 8.50am on Thursday, as part of their 'Make A Difference' campaign.

"Hello Nayul..."

Bump... will be on the woireless shortly buh!

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Just listened 👍 if you hit 500 miles before the end of the month will you stop or keep going until 31st ?

Definitely keep going! One of my friends has promised to double his donation when I hit 500, and then pay me an additional 10p for every mile I complete over 500... 🙂

• Like 2

On 10/08/2020 at 22:47, Feedthewolf said:

I did report the damage online on the Norfolk Police website. The damage wasn't extensive (a scratch and a small dent), but I wanted to do the right thing.

Well done Wolfie in reporting it as not everyone would. I hope you don't anything more about it.

I'm a bit late to the donation party for which I apologise and have just rectified.

It's been so long since I got on a bike I'd probably need stabilisers. My lad did LEJOG ten years ago so he clearly got the inspiration from yours truly 😉

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Well done Wolfie in reporting it as not everyone would. I hope you don't anything more about it.

I'm a bit late to the donation party for which I apologise and have just rectified.

It's been so long since I got on a bike I'd probably need stabilisers. My lad did LEJOG ten years ago so he clearly got the inspiration from yours truly 😉

Wow! I don't think I'll be signing up for LEJOG any time soon (or JOGLE, for that matter!) 🙂

Right! I'm off out for a ride with The 12th Man now. They're a brilliant Norwich-based campaign for raising men's mental health awareness, and they do tons of sterling work in the local community. Check them out at 12th-man.org.uk, be_the_12th_man on Instagram, or @BeThe12thMan on Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Had a little ride out myself today, I say ride, got just over four miles out and puncture, first one in years and.......forgot my pump, so had a nice walk home, which I actually enjoyed........

Grrrr, that sounds extremely annoying! 😞

I'm over the halfway mark now: 

• Like 1

Today: rode 20 miles, refereed a football match, rode home.

Our bunch of misfit veterans somehow came up against a team featuring Holty, Hucks, Roy Bevis, Scott Howie and a bunch of other quality local footballers... we did better than Barcelona, though, as we only lost 6-1.

Hucks very kindly signed one of my old shirts, which I'm auctioning to raise money towards my total. Bidding ends at 6pm next Sunday, and you can bid here (high bid currently at £60): 

If you're not on Twitter and you'd like to bid, please send me a PM on here and I'll post your bid myself. Cheers!

matcolo1980_118158897_3059813977450127_311887952385672410_n.thumb.jpg.0bfce29fe0a1653397c825c5566529f9.jpg

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 5

Video here: 

If you don't have seven minutes to spare (I waffle a lot), here's the rub:

I'm doing 600 miles instead of 500 (at least). New URL: tiny.cc/colo600.

On Sunday 30th, I'll be doing a minimum 50-miler, with route to be determined by other people. If you want me to ride past your house/office, or if you'd like to ride with me for a few miles*, just send me a DM on here (or Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram).

*Only if you live in Norfolk. I'm too young to die.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1