Jump to content
Bill

Bournemouth - a silly little club

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIFs | Tenor

Sorry Tillo, have disengaged as he's starting to have one of his episodes. Hate to disappoint. Enjoy the crisps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you were engaged ?

dear me, having another pop at me while avoiding the subject matter is 'engaged' '

bring back hand crank is my thought in that case

 

ps good to see old plod reading my posts still - I know when I have reached that age I will want to be eking out every bit of fun in the few years left, still each to their own I suppose 💩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Imagine if we all supported different teams.....

City1st would still reckon we are the same poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Imagine if we all supported different teams.....

Or were even different posters🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Or were even different posters🤣

Lovely hot bath complete.  Now wheres my various log in details that I keep so as I don't slip  up.... and get sussed by old amateur  detective Bilious.  Better stick to the  one that is actually me, or is it you  , or him or all of us. 

 

35 minutes ago, Bill said:

you were engaged ?

Before I got married, yes.

My engagement on here  with you, lasts until you start your clap trap. Take a look way back a few years , when I often defended you, then in a fit of misdirected ire you accused me of many things that were untrue.  I pointed this out , you doubled down. I therefore treat you with disdain.   . I had hoped that over time you would realise that you are wrong about me, I suspect  you have but dare not admit falliBILLity . After all , Biliious is always right, in his own befuddled mind. Aaaaanyway , I've wasted too much time already replying to you.  Silly me. Must do better.    Carry on trying to make yourself feel better by trying to prove how right you are about Bournemouth. They may well be in a mess. So what? Schadenfreude  is à very unattractive  trait. Makes you look , well, childish.  Odd that.

Byeee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Imagine if we all supported different teams.....

yes, that would be a perfect excuse to lie about the financial state of their respective clubs

but good to see the same old bigots getting excited

curious (or not) they never seem able to refute what I have said

 

maybe RTB could help, if he is not still stuck on the A11 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

  Carry on trying to make yourself feel better by trying to prove how right you are about Bournemouth. They may well be in a mess. So what? Schadenfreude  is à very unattractive  trait.

Trying to prove...

they may be in a mess

seems rather like you now acknowledge that using the club's actually figures do prove me right

as to schadenfreude, would it be any different if the club in question were the binners ?

and I have no concern about using their 'mess' to counter whines from plod and others about how our club did not get into the same mess - nor in pointing out this mess so as to allow others to judge for themselves

but then, if portraying me as the 'pantomime baddie' provides a distraction from the reality of the two clubs respective position then do carry on, I have merely put out the evidence, and no bleating by you or the senile will change that evidence

evenin' all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/08/2020 at 11:38, PurpleCanary said:

 

 

The obvious question is how much of a relegation wage cut for your players. With us, apparently, it is 50 cent across the board, and supposedly the same for many Watford players – apart from some of their stars, whose wages are protected as they are.

 

Presumably you can add Harry Wilson to that list of players now off the books as far as wages go. According to Wiki you have offloaded 19 players (presumably some youngsters on very low wages) and loaned out two more for the whole season.

 

And if you’re right that King and Callum Wilson will also be sold then that overall is quite a loss, and so far (mainly for the obvious reason) not one new signing (at a tangent if you had our kind of set-up with a sporting director and a head coach then the SD could potentially have started to sign players irrespective of who the coach was going to be).

 

I notice there were no signings in January, either to try to stay in the Premier League or alternatively prepare for a next season in the Championship. A guess would be because the wage bill was already so high it could not be increased.

 

If so then that may indicate how much you are going to be limited in plugging the gaps in the squad. From the outside it looks as if while ‘dire’ may be too strong then the euphemistic ‘extremely challenging’ would be a fair assessment.

 

We don't know how big the wage reduction is, only that it was in place for all players. The initial rumour was 25% across the board but this figure seemed to be plucked from the ether. Since then The Guardian have published a report that says Callum Wilson had a 50% relegation cut clause. I'd imagine it isn't a single figure for all, with the higher earners facing a bigger one than those on lower wages but that's only a guess.

You're right, I missed H Wilson and also Ibe. Neither will be missed and both a further saving from the wage bill.

As for how the team is weakened it's a fair point but worth putting into the larger context. Ake, King and Fraser were always leaving this summer. Kelly was signed a year ago as Ake's replacement and would have played a lot more if Arter hadn't injured him in preseason. He's still raw but, I'll be honest, him and Stanislas were the only bright spots from our post lockdown performances. Probably the youngster I've been most excited about us signing that I've seen play since I first saw Fraser play for us in League 1.

Fraser's replacement was Danjuma. Another who had a season ruined by injury. His were niggles rather than a long one like Kelly so hopefully he can shake that this year although there's always a danger he'll have a repeat as players sometimes do. He hasn't had a run of games where he's been fit so no idea if he can step up although with Stanislas and Brooks back, if they can stay fit I'm not worried about Fraser leaving.

King has 12 months left on his contract and there's no way the club would have considered allowing a repeat of a player downing tools for the whole season like Fraser. By which I'm not referring to Ryan not signing the lockdown extension, I mean the way he didn't try properly in the normal part of the season that took place. Something he has admitted. So King was always on the way out this summer. Not sure what the succession plans were there but obviously the target will have changed now we've gone down. However, a replacement will have been earmarked.

So the only unexpected player loss from that list is Callum Wilson. Replacing him is going to be fundamental to our chances and getting effective strikers is... problematic. That's where it could easily all fall apart. I've no problem in seeing the huge danger there.

 

On 07/08/2020 at 12:30, Canary Wundaboy said:

Really? Because if you lose all those players you've listed that doesn't leave you with much of a team at all! Certainly not one to be challenging for promotion.

As I said above, I'm feeling reasonably confident in the squad if the new manager can forge them into a team. It looks like Tindall is going to get the job which is a big risk but he's the man the owner wants. There was no shortage of candidates, although it was a pretty depressing list if I'm honest.

Ramsdale

A Smith/Stacey - S Cook/Mepham - Kelly - Rico

Brooks - Lerma/L Cook - Billing/Gosling - Stanislas/Danjuma

Solanke/Surridge - ????

That's how I see the first XI with potential alternates where I'm not sure which way the manager will go. Or, in the case of Lerma, whether he will still be here.

Oh, and before anyone gets the dig in you can mock Solanke all you like, plenty of strikers have struggled in the Premier League only to light up the Championship.

 

17 hours ago, Bill said:

So it does now appear things aren't as rosy as first was claimed.

It will be interesting to see what the club's wage bill was at the end of June 2020 and what was still owed in transfer payments.

And similarly it will be interesting to see whether the virus is being blamed for the abandoning of the £35m training ground - and the pitiful sized crowds will not warrant even a thought of a new stadium

My point about non ownership of the stadium still remains valid. It is not an asset, irrespective of what might happen to it,

And as to whether Demin might wish to convert his loans into equity, why did he not advance the money as equity when the club was riding high ? Why on earth would he do that now ?

The sell off will be far greater than is being thought, as if the wage cut are as high as is claimed players will easily be tempted away.... back to the PL. And with a club with a high wage bill and huge sums owed there will be every incentive to reduce those debts where ever possible.

Which rather sums up my first post - AFCB's position in the PL has been prolonged at the cost of running up huge debts that now have to be paid, with the consequence that so many other PL clubs have found.


Where did I say it was rosy? I said players would be sold but that wasn't unusual when a club went down. If we were in such dire straits why would we have turned down £12 million for Ramsdale in the last couple of days from Sheff Utd? I'm not saying he won't be sold but if he is

The training ground hasn't been abandoned despite your rather bizarre claims to the contrary. I've said that it's possible they'll only go ahead with phase one and pause the other phases until the future but that's guesswork. Not simply making stuff up as fact unlike your suppositions.

When did I claim the stadium was an asset? I said it that the current owners can't do a lot with it without our cooperation. So they can't wait for the lease to expire and try and knock it down and build housing. All that means is that at some point in the future they and the club will have to work together whether they want to or not so the non-ownership of the stadium isn't quite the barrier to a new stadium that it may appear to be.

Why didn't Demin convert to equity? It gives him a hold to force a certain price if he does decide to sell, either in whole or in part. For example, at some point during the Premier League tenure he sold part of the club to a US consortium. He then bought that stake back but that debt will stop anyone trying to lowball him if they do try to buy the club. That would be my guess anyway, I'm sure you have a better insight into the mind of a very wealthy individual who has backed the club for not far off a decade now with your threes minutes of Googling.

As I said above re: Ramsdale, players may move back to the PL but it won't be on the cheap. The Ake sale has solidified the position and now if someone wants a player they're going to have to pay market value. More will be sold but that's expected, not a sign of the club being in some kind of panic.

I can see you have a predefined position and you're happy to join some dots and make up a few more facts to suit that. Enjoy yourself with that.

The club has to make adjustments for the move down but it's hardly unusual. Players will be sold as a result of the move down but it's also hardly unusual and they won't move at fire sale prices which would indicate a business in serious financial difficulty. The training ground work will likely continue but plans may not go fully ahead just yet, we'll see on that. Everyone is guessing on there.

I genuinely have no idea whether we'll be competing at the top or bottom of the table next season. I know, with assumed outgoings happening, we'll need a top drawer striker and we'll need the new manager to make them into a team instead of a collection of talented individuals. If he can do that I'd be confident. Time will tell.

You seem to be in a strong position to compete at the top again but, equally, that appeared to be the long term plan last season. So it's no surprise to find you looking very prepared for an assault on promotion and I expect to see you right up there next summer. I hope we'll be there with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

We don't know how big the wage reduction is, only that it was in place for all players. The initial rumour was 25% across the board but this figure seemed to be plucked from the ether. Since then The Guardian have published a report that says Callum Wilson had a 50% relegation cut clause. I'd imagine it isn't a single figure for all, with the higher earners facing a bigger one than those on lower wages but that's only a guess.

You're right, I missed H Wilson and also Ibe. Neither will be missed and both a further saving from the wage bill.

As for how the team is weakened it's a fair point but worth putting into the larger context. Ake, King and Fraser were always leaving this summer. Kelly was signed a year ago as Ake's replacement and would have played a lot more if Arter hadn't injured him in preseason. He's still raw but, I'll be honest, him and Stanislas were the only bright spots from our post lockdown performances. Probably the youngster I've been most excited about us signing that I've seen play since I first saw Fraser play for us in League 1.

Fraser's replacement was Danjuma. Another who had a season ruined by injury. His were niggles rather than a long one like Kelly so hopefully he can shake that this year although there's always a danger he'll have a repeat as players sometimes do. He hasn't had a run of games where he's been fit so no idea if he can step up although with Stanislas and Brooks back, if they can stay fit I'm not worried about Fraser leaving.

King has 12 months left on his contract and there's no way the club would have considered allowing a repeat of a player downing tools for the whole season like Fraser. By which I'm not referring to Ryan not signing the lockdown extension, I mean the way he didn't try properly in the normal part of the season that took place. Something he has admitted. So King was always on the way out this summer. Not sure what the succession plans were there but obviously the target will have changed now we've gone down. However, a replacement will have been earmarked.

So the only unexpected player loss from that list is Callum Wilson. Replacing him is going to be fundamental to our chances and getting effective strikers is... problematic. That's where it could easily all fall apart. I've no problem in seeing the huge danger there.
 

Thanks for the reply. A problem I can see for you is that you may have a decent starting eleven but the squad is likely to lack strength in depth, which could be even more important this coming season, given its truncated nature and the increase in midweek games. And Tindall, if it is him, will have to cope with games coming thick and fast while learning on the job. Good luck, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks for the reply. A problem I can see for you is that you may have a decent starting eleven but the squad is likely to lack strength in depth, which could be even more important this coming season, given its truncated nature and the increase in midweek games. And Tindall, if it is him, will have to cope with games coming thick and fast while learning on the job. Good luck, anyway.

Absolutely true, especially if we have a season like the last one with injuries. If we repeat that I can genuinely see us going straight down again. At the same time,  a good run on the fitness front and we've a good chance of being in contention.

Tindall making rookie mistakes is a big worry. I don't think anyone can predict with surety how well he will make the step up. If I'm honest, I'm far from convinced but then I don't bet on football for a very good reason!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So Jason Tindall their new manager.. Been there over a decade, assistant manager and all, but seems they not going for a big name.

 

Seems odd, fire your manager and replace him with his quiet mute assistant.

 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But do we still wish we were Bournemouth. Or have we jumped ship to Wolves...

I have never wavered. Always wanted us to be Fiorentina. They play in purple and they are based in Florence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have never wavered. Always wanted us to be Fiorentina. They play in purple and they are based in Florence.

More chance of being Florentina. Played in purple, based in the Norwich Sunday League🙃💜⚽💜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Will Dance For Chocolate said:

Absolutely true, especially if we have a season like the last one with injuries. If we repeat that I can genuinely see us going straight down again. At the same time,  a good run on the fitness front and we've a good chance of being in contention.

Tindall making rookie mistakes is a big worry. I don't think anyone can predict with surety how well he will make the step up. If I'm honest, I'm far from convinced but then I don't bet on football for a very good reason!

Pay no heed to the fella who knows more about your Club( and everything else)  than you possibly could ,he takes a very self righteous one eyed  slant on everything. Fwiw I think Bournemouth are a side that played generally good football under EH, though i dont have much time for him , it was a shame  for ye that he and the owner/ board came to a mutual decision for him to leave, I feel your chances of a successful rebuild post relegation would be enhanced under him. .... he has been there before.  But as they say , a new broom sweeps clean and refresh/reboot could  be just what you need. Your finances, despite what Bilious  has researched, are your own business and as you explained , the ground issue is complex, plus you do ,unlike us,  have a wealthy backer.( id have Delias dosh in a heartbeat  but it isnt much use in footballing terms nowadays.) . Solanke, you are correct , could be very potent in the Champs, he has also had to deal with the mental side of being let go by a huge club, that can't be easy. Just look at Pukkis second half of this season to see how confidence, in all its forms,can affect a player. Forget the guff and noise as we are not in dissimilar positions in that if we get it right , we should both be strong enough for a top 6 finish, get it wrong and Christ knows where it bottoms out. Best of luck next season, except against us,if we both beat our rivals we should be well set for a tilt at promotion. Regarding Tindall,  its a gamble, I consider ours to have paid off so far with Farke..... he's not perfect . Tindall , if appointed, will need a grace period to get things going his way, we endured a very dull first season with DF but you could see what he was trying to do ....it came good in his second season. Still not perfect,   but im much happier about the all round state of our club than I was four years ago. Hope you are feeling the same in a couple of years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

More chance of being Florentina. Played in purple, based in the Norwich Sunday League🙃💜⚽💜

Afraid you're right, nutty. When we get Highland Canary's predicted fire sale not only will all the players were sold at bargain prices but so will the ground, Colney and even the cutlery at Yellows. But supporting Florentina should be fun, provided they don't pick Neil Lennon as their manager...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2020 at 13:38, Highland Canary said:

Bournemouth are in a materially stronger financial position than we are. Let’s not forget we’re no more than a £20m external debt from administration. Bournemouth’s owners could comfortably live with debts of ten times that. Hence, the need for new investment into the club.

This is incorrect.

Bournemouth, as all clubs, are bound by FFP. If they start off the season facing losses of £60million due to owing money for player transfers in instalments, then they need to make £60million before they make any profit. The restrictions are tighter these days and it'll be hard for them to make a profit easily. Remember, part of FFP is that the owners can only put as much into the playing side as the club makes in profit. They are allow to invest more into the infrastructure of the club itself, but the debts are all to do with the playing side, so it will be really interesting to see how their situation develops.

I suspect they'll be fine with player sales. Ake for £41million is crazy money IMHO but it'll get them most of the way there. Fraser is on a free I believe so they'll get nothing. Him downing tools is likely to be due to being able to talk to other clubs since January.

Also, they did not have a great season last season either. And I don't feel that they have done all that well in the transfer market. How much did they pay to take Grabban back? Afobe was signed for £10million then under used in many ways. They seem to have a bit of a scatter gun approach to signing players in that sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems odd, fire your manager and replace him with his quiet mute assistant.

Not sure they did fire him. They certainly didn't seem to have a replacement lined up. Wouldn't be surprised if the budget is fairly limited and he would have to work with what he had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...