Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

Help: Canaries Trust AGM tonight

Is anyone else attending this tonight? I've booked my ticket and submitted my question, but haven't been sent any joining details for the meeting. If anyone can DM me those details, that would be most appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They said booking details will be sent at 6:30pm tonight 

Haha! And so they have been. Sorry, missed that 🙂

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Is anyone else attending this tonight? I've booked my ticket and submitted my question, but haven't been sent any joining details for the meeting. If anyone can DM me those details, that would be most appreciated.

You should have had an email at 6.30pm with the joining instructions.

2 minutes ago, Kathy said:

You should have had an email at 6.30pm with the joining instructions.

Yes I did, thanks Kathy - see above 🙂

It’s down to the club apparently. They called the shots on this.

Edited by Kathy

1 hour ago, Kathy said:

How did you find it?

It was excellent, thanks Kathy. Michael read my question out too, which was a pleasant surprise.

I'm going to behave myself and not post anything that Stuart or Ben said, as that's what was requested... I think it's fair to say that there were no shocking revelations, though.

However, someone needs to teach Stuart Webber how to properly frame himself in a Zoom window and stop bloody fidgeting! You can tell him, Kathy, I don't think I fancy it 🙂

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

It was excellent, thanks Kathy. Michael read my question out too, which was a pleasant surprise.

I'm going to behave myself and not post anything that Stuart or Ben said, as that's what was requested... I think it's fair to say that there were no shocking revelations, though.

However, someone needs to teach Stuart Webber how to properly frame himself in a Zoom window and stop bloody fidgeting! You can tell him, Kathy, I don't think I fancy it 🙂

I’m not brave enough either!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Personally find it a bit weird they don't want fans posting anything- what is the point in doing a q&a session with one group of fans then refusing to let what was said be shared?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

Personally find it a bit weird they don't want fans posting anything- what is the point in doing a q&a session with one group of fans then refusing to let what was said be shared?

It is pretty ridiculous- anything that can be said should be said to all

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

It feels an exclusive act yes. I'm not sure what issues might need to be private. Must put a lot of folk off joining. 

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

They're all told in strictest incompetence.....

42 minutes ago, king canary said:

It does seem a little strange, but as @Kathy  said, those were the terms under which the club agreed to the Q&A I believe.

I'd hope that either the Trust or the Club is able to put out some minutes of the meeting, but as I said last night, I wouldn't say there were any major revelations.

45 minutes ago, king canary said:

It wasn't one group of fans. Anyone could take part. The only difference was it was free for members but £3 for non-members.

3 minutes ago, Kathy said:

It wasn't one group of fans. Anyone could take part. The only difference was it was free for members but £3 for non-members.

Oh yeah, I'm not claiming there was any issue with how people could attend. I'm just a bit confused by the clubs terms on this.

If our transfer budget was discussed I can imagine wanting that to be kept in house. Can’t really think of anything else that needs to be kept from us though. 

35 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Oh! I didn't even know non-members could take part.

13 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Same here Hoggy. Would have been interesting to see what was said.

OTBC

The thread title was misleading as it wasn't an AGM, it was a Q&A. The AGM is tomorrow night.

I'd be surprised if they don't allow a summary to be published to be honest given the comment was hardly explosive.  

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

Yes, it does seem a bit strange they wanted it kept private if non-members could take part.

The focus group/ Q&A sessions they want to be kept confidential are by invite only.