Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

Pre season

When would pre season start. And do we think they will play less friendlies now? 

big few weeks for us. Somehow we need to rebuild and get some confidence back from somewhere. 

Season starts on 12th Sept. which is just over 6 weeks away, I would imagine that the players will get at least 2 weeks off so about the 2nd week in August.

Given the current position with foreign travel I'd be surprised if the usual trip to Germany will be in the schedule.

Scottish season starts on 1st Aug so teams probably won't want to play friendlies.

Could be a few behind closed door games against L1 & L2 teams with a final game against a Premier League team before the season starts.

All players will have a 3 week holiday between seasons written into their contracts, it is required by the player's union - I expect they will be given that, but also pretty strict instructions on how to look after themselves. The club will also see it as a good way for players to try and clear away the disappointment from this season. Obviously players like McCallum, Sitti etc who haven't been playing will be in sooner to get up to fitness levels required.

I guess the whole squad will go straight  a training camp and friendlies to start immediately. Won't need so much fitness work as they are there at the moment, but lots of drills and getting new players integrated.

39 minutes ago, Wymondham Canaries said:

When would pre season start. And do we think they will play less friendlies now? 

big few weeks for us. Somehow we need to rebuild and get some confidence back from somewhere. 

can't see confidence being any problem, as it certainly was not on show on Sunday

we've already been re-building as with the recent signings, and I suspect there are others lined up pending who gets sold

so knowing Webber, we are probably best prepared a day after the season ends for a long, long time

and we come down into the Championship with many of them in real financial s hit - and us £40m in parachute payments and a playing squad that could easily double that with a couple of sales

most will be looking at us as one to envy, and fear

Does the few weeks they just had 'off' not count? 

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All players will have a 3 week holiday between seasons written into their contracts, it is required by the player's union - I expect they will be given that, but also pretty strict instructions on how to look after themselves.

Per the Pinkun Chat thing at 1pm, the guy Connor seemed to think we were still hoping to go over to Germany, but it might fall foul of restrictions.  

We ought to also be aware of the international weekend (two matches, currently including games for u21s) right before the new season starts - far from ideal and may well take several players away.  [If they do get 3 weeks off that rather limits the time with (potentially new) clubs prior to the season starting - given they had 3 months off is that rule valid?]

Edited by Branston Pickle