cambridgeshire canary

Slaven Bilic says he wont replicate our approach to recruitment, claiming we 'haven't even tried anything'

10 hours ago, king canary said:

I think thats a bit of a stretch. They've bought a highly talented youngsters who tore up the Championship last season for £12m. Even if they replicate us, I'd imagine he'd be worth a significant sum next season.

You mean Diangana? He was with them last year so they've just bought what they already had, which was my point. And I'm not sure he "tore up" the league exactly. The two West Brom players who got in the team of the season were Ajayi and Pereira (who they've also now bought). They've now added a 36 year old Ivanovic though so that will go well.

WBA, Fulham and Leeds to come back down. 

Unless Leeds buy Buendia, in which case they may have a chance, but WBA and Fulham are obviously weaker than we were last year. 

On 15/09/2020 at 08:42, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Has there been a worse time to get promoted to the Prem? Fulham and West Brom have had little time to action their plans for being in the Prem and budgets will have been squeezed.

Could a team win promotion and then turn down the chance to join the Prem?

I think we would be tempted to take that offer next time promotion calls if we can have the money. 

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This was the sort of comment that often seems to come back and bite people on the ****. I'm not saying it definitely will, but there's a decent chance.

It did seem silly to make it other than maybe adding pressure to those above in transfers 

It’s all very well playing in yellow and green but unless they beat Man City and get to the FA Cup semis, they’ll always be a wannabe Norwich City.

Let’s see what Slaven has planned tonight to not do it ‘ The Norwich Way ‘. In his interview he was telling everyone how good his players are lol

32 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Let’s see what Slaven has planned tonight to not do it ‘ The Norwich Way ‘. In his interview he was telling everyone how good his players are lol

They’re not too shabby tonight! Long way to go!

Head Coach Frankie Lampard's Kings Road are zero to three after the first quarter and their MVP is running the rowts but can't score in the end zone.

What a bleddy load of tripe. Wait for the pundits talk about how bad Chelsea are and not even mention the Throstles.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

They’re not too shabby tonight! Long way to go!

There was a long way to go indeed!

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

giffu.gif

A points a point! Not many gave them a chance.......

19 minutes ago, Indy said:

A points a point! Not many gave them a chance.......

I doubt it feels like a point after being 3-0 up at half time.

Had he not have said what he said I would so have wanted WBA to hold on, but I have to be honest and say I enjoyed every minute of their capitulation, the only thing lacking was a couple more minutes to enjoy a Chelsea ( who I don’t really like ) winner.

Yes I get that Bilic is an absolute ****, but I’ve had some great away days at the baggies, their fans are pretty good set so I have a soft spot for WBA. Bilic not so much, shame he’s at their club.

I would enjoy if together Fulham and ourselves would yoyo together. One getting up as the other goes down.

I see Bilic is now complaining about a player, Hegazi, being sold behind his back and more generally with the summer transfer window:

“I know there are economic reasons and football reasons. We are newcomers in the league and we did great to keep our players from last season who were on loan but we were nowhere near as active as some other teams. Then at least you have to keep your players and Ahmed Hegazi was one of them and he wanted to play, he played on Saturday...and we are not in a position to lose those kind of players.''

🤓🤓🤓

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I see Bilic is now complaining about a player, Hegazi, being sold behind his back and more generally with the summer transfer window:

“I know there are economic reasons and football reasons. We are newcomers in the league and we did great to keep our players from last season who were on loan but we were nowhere near as active as some other teams. Then at least you have to keep your players and Ahmed Hegazi was one of them and he wanted to play, he played on Saturday...and we are not in a position to lose those kind of players.''

🤓🤓🤓

My best mate is a baggies fan and he already accepts they are down! Knows they have not invested near enough.

7 minutes ago, duke63 said:

I see that West Brom are giving it a better go than we did 😆

Yes sometimes opening your big gob comes back to bite you on the back side

Edited by Mullet

Managers and their comments about us.

Looking forward to playing Luton in a few weeks as he reckoned it doesn’t make any difference if you lose 80% of your first team squad.

Hopefully his comments will be posted all over the dressing room for Pukki and co to see.

• Like 3

West Brom have no chance of staying up. They have spent marginally more than we did, but only on players they already had and a Championship striker. Fulham have 3 or 4 PL quality players now - if they can keep Lookman and Mitrovic fit, they will score goals; their issue will be conceding too many. Leeds are in trouble if they get too many injuries and could easily still struggle despite the almost £100m spend.

The gap is enormous. Villa have got some good early points but their defence is still shocking and they've now spent almost £200m in the last two summers. Could easily be in the scrap. 

Even if we do go up again this year we'll still have an almighty struggle to stay there.

54 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

West Brom have no chance of staying up. They have spent marginally more than we did, but only on players they already had and a Championship striker. Fulham have 3 or 4 PL quality players now - if they can keep Lookman and Mitrovic fit, they will score goals; their issue will be conceding too many. Leeds are in trouble if they get too many injuries and could easily still struggle despite the almost £100m spend.

The gap is enormous. Villa have got some good early points but their defence is still shocking and they've now spent almost £200m in the last two summers. Could easily be in the scrap. 

Even if we do go up again this year we'll still have an almighty struggle to stay there.

Leeds at 20/1 to go down if you really fancy it. 

Leeds, Villa and West Brom for me. It’s a long season and the others have the experienced players you need to grind out a string of results 

14 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Leeds, Villa and West Brom for me. It’s a long season and the others have the experienced players you need to grind out a string of results 

Leeds and Villa to go down? You could be a very rich man. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow