cambridgeshire canary

Slaven Bilic says he wont replicate our approach to recruitment, claiming we 'haven't even tried anything'

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

This is madness.

I made one statement about the only time I remember us being near administration was in 1996.

Every reply I have responded to with facts.

Is anyone going to show me anything to back up their administration claims?

Would this be a good time to mention the begging bowl letters concerning not claiming rebate entitlements and Foulger agreeing to match the amount not claimed. What was behind that if it wasn't that we were on our uppers financially and desperately needed cash ?

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The discussion is about his use of the words ' financial disaster  ' not about what was said by the physios , the grief Webber was expecting for a 5-1 defeat, text messages that Maddison sent or that he would be a Champions League player.

Deflection from the point in question as usual.

Actually the discussion is not about what Webber said but whether there actually was an impending financial disaster then or back in 2009 and 1996, and that has been well covered, with insightful posts.

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actually the discussion is not about what Webber said but whether there actually was an impending financial disaster then or back in 2009 and 1996, and that has been well covered, with insightful posts.

" City sporting director Stuart Webber admitted that Maddison's sale to Leicester last summer averted a financial disaster at Carrow Road.

I look forward to you telling us what Webber exactly meant by a financial disaster. "

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That was taken from page 5 of this thread and since then Nutty has quite successfully avoided explaining what he thinks Webber meant by those words.

I agree that there have been some insightful posts from GMF but lof course Nutty is not surprisingly having any of it.

Edited by TIL 1010

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

" City sporting director Stuart Webber admitted that Maddison's sale to Leicester last summer averted a financial disaster at Carrow Road.

I look forward to you telling us what Webber exactly meant by a financial disaster. "

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That was taken from page 5 of this thread and since then Nutty has quite successfully avoided explaining what he thinks Webber meant by those words.

I agree that there have been some insightful posts from GMF but lof course Nutty is not surprisingly having any of it.

And from Indy. Don't leave him out. I thought the one where Indy said:

'Purple summed it up.'

...was particularly insightful.🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And from Indy. Don't leave him out. I thought the one where Indy said:

'Purple summed it up.'

...was particularly insightful.🤓

Looking back on Indy's posts it appears he also is at variance with the stance taken by Nutty over events in 2009.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looking back on Indy's posts it appears he also is at variance with the stance taken by Nutty over events in 2009.

And you are taking that up with me because...?

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

And you are taking that up with me because...?

No reason at all but it was you who pointed me in the direction of Indy's posts when i mentioned GMF.

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

We were the only team relegated with several games to go. We were the only team not to spent decent money on first team additions. We were the only team that had consistent messaging from upper management that we were preparing for relegation and to stay up would be a miracle. If you take off the yellow and green glasses for a second, we were the only team not to do all the usual things that teams try to do to stay up, the result was that we were relegated. Yes so were Bournemouth and Watford, but at least they were still in with a shot of staying up at 16:30 on Sunday. We were dead, buried and 14 points well short.

I genuinely don't understand what that means.

• Getting new players in? I've said we brought in over half a starting 11.

• Bringing in more players in the January window? We did that.

• Sacking the manager? 

What have I missed? We did the first two and I don't think there's much support for the third option, although personally I do think the jury is out on Farke to an extent. We just did it poorly. Ergo, we *did* try, just not well enough.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

What I did was post Webber's quote.

The word financial was never there. I posted the full quote so that you could understand the context. I've asked people to provide the financial disaster quote and it's not forthcoming. I will happily hold my hands up if it does appear. In fact as an added incentive I'll bung a grateful tenner into PUPs.

I posted what Bowkett said about his appointment. That is at total odds with Indy's 'insightful' post. It's not the first time this has happened.

I posted the relevant note from the accounts in 2009 that set out what was to be done. As far as I can see that was what was done. I asked GMF and he didn't say it was different.

While the club clearly had the wherewithall to renegotiate with the banks so they were paid up in full what on earth would they have to gain by us going into administration?

The only time I can remember us being close to administration was in 1996.

Edited by nutty nigel

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Was it the Bellamy sale munny that saved us in 1996?....

Ask Bob the Grocer.

Edited by nutty nigel

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What I did was post Webber's quote.

The word financial was never there. I posted the full quote so that you could understand the context. I've asked people to provide the financial disaster quote and it's not forthcoming. I will happily hold my hands up if it does appear. In fact as an added incentive I'll bung a grateful tenner into PUPs.

I posted what Bowkett said about his appointment. That is at total odds with Indy's 'insightful' post. It's not the first time this has happened.

I posted the relevant note from the accounts in 2009 that set out what was to be done. As far as I can see that was what was done. I asked GMF and he didn't say it was different.

While the club clearly had the wherewithall to renegotiate with the banks so they were paid up in full what on earth would they have to gain by us going into administration?

The only time I can remember us being close to administration was in 1996.

City sporting director Stuart Webber admitted that Maddison's sale to Leicester last summer averted a financial disaster at Carrow Road.

So that is wide of the mark then as reported ?

The true and full story of what Chase had been up to was only revealed when he had gone. Maybe the wheel will turn full circle when the majority shareholders depart ? Maybe it will be a similar case as with McNally as nearly everybody thought he walked on water until Webber said we had pi$$ed the last lot of premier money up the wall all £100 million of it.

You stick with 1996 and i will stick with my view that we were on the edge again twice since then.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

City sporting director Stuart Webber admitted that Maddison's sale to Leicester last summer averted a financial disaster at Carrow Road.

So that is wide of the mark then as reported ?

The true story of what Chase had been up to was only revealed when he had gone. Maybe the wheel will turn full circle when the majority shareholders depart ? Maybe it will be a similar case as with McNally as nearly everybody thought he walked on water until Webber said we had pi$$ed the last lot of premier money up the wall all £100 million of it.

You stick with 1996 and i will stick with my view that we were on the edge again twice since then.

That's not the quote.

It's a comment about the quote. 

I posted the quote.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Ask Bob the Grocer.

I'll ask you....Bob didn't know did he?....You seem to be the self-appointed 'Online' Oracle of all things Norwich City....So I just thought I'd throw it out there.....are you gonna catch it and pitch it back.....Or deflect and bat it away?..... 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

That's not the quote.

It's a comment about the quote. 

I posted the quote.

if that was not true knowing what we know about straight talking Webber do you not think he would have been on the phone to Archant asking for it to be withdrawn or corrected ?

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I'll ask you....Bob didn't know did he?....You seem to be the self-appointed 'Online' Oracle of all things Norwich City....So I just thought I'd throw it out there.....are you gonna catch it and pitch it back.....Or deflect and bat it away?..... 

I know where i will be putting my money.

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

I answered you before. I went to the trouble of finding what Bob The Grocer said, I scanned it, and posted it on here.

Not surprisingly you made no further comment. So why would I do it again?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I know where i will be putting my money.

PoW Road and Lipstick and Lace?..... 😉 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

if that was not true knowing what we know about straight talking Webber do you not think he would have been on the phone to Archant asking for it to be withdrawn or corrected ?

No. How could he? It happens all the time. Now if they'd have published it as a direct quote he could have done.

I've posted the quote that the comment comes from. You said I was "just trying to take this off track".

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I answered you before. I went to the trouble of finding what Bob The Grocer said, I scanned it, and posted it on here.

Not surprisingly you made no further comment. So why would I do it again?

I'm slightly amnesiac and have a poor attention span and I suffer (on occasion) from selective reedin' an' a writin' recall....Weren't there were some additions/improvements to the Barclay stand not long after Bellers was sent to Coventry?.....

Just now, Mello Yello said:

I'm slightly amnesiac and have a poor attention span and I suffer (on occasion) from selective reedin' an' a writin' recall....Weren't there were some additions/improvements to the Barclay stand not long after Bellers was sent to Coventry?.....

Yes! Where did that money come from?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Yes! Where did that money come from?

I don't know?....Where did the money come from?.....Someone's personal wealth?....A benevolent Canary supportin'  lottery winner?....Who knows?....

It's like that 'Watling Walleted stuff.....Nobody knows?....

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I don't know?....Where did the money come from?.....Someone's personal wealth?....A benevolent Canary supportin'  lottery winner?....Who knows?....

It's like that 'Watling Walleted stuff.....Nobody knows?....

Indeed.

Nobody can even find out how much it cost.

Slaven Bilious will only have to spend what the WBA board will give him, and I wouldn't imagine it'll be mega bucks, as he only managed to dribble over the line with one of the strongest squads in the division. Which tells me he aint all that...

Nothing to see here, as this could well come back to bite him on the @rse

Isn't the point that we didn't go into administration either of those times, rather than how close we were anyway?

That we were able to avoid administration for this entire period of time despite the League One relegation and owners with a lack of financial clout suggests we've been able to make the necessary business and football decisions to make sure that hasn't happened.

As opposed to the numerous clubs who despite having owners apparently with far more money than our own, have ended up in administration in the last 20 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Indeed.

Nobody can even find out how much it cost.

Well if you don't know and I actually thought that you're the 'all things NCFC go to geezer' and old Grocer Bob 'Tin Tin' hair never knew? Then sadly we'll probably never ever know? But maybe someone must know?....Oh well, it's now just history and not actually really significant anymore.....Let's all look to the future.... 

Anyway moustache....Free Day today, weather's tip top and my cycle of healthy life beckons....Gotta go an' Don Lycra and put a foo moiles in an' around the Norfolk Countryside....Keep myself in super shape....Don't wanna turn into one of 'em 'Lounge Lizards, Sofa Kings, Butter Barrels or 'Jabba the Pizza Huts' or have to have my pooter chair surgically removed from my butt.....Toodle Pedallin' Pip....An' catcha all Laters!.....Mellio the Trollio...."It's the way I trollum!" 

image.jpeg.42edcea6dcd62785cd499ea230e5acdf.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well if you don't know and I actually thought that you're the 'all things NCFC go to geezer' and old Grocer Bob 'Tin Tin' hair never knew? Then sadly we'll probably never ever know? But maybe someone must know?....Oh well, it's now just history and not actually really significant anymore.....Let's all look to the future.... 

Anyway moustache....Free Day today, weather's tip top and my cycle of healthy life beckons....Gotta go an' Don Lycra and put a foo moiles in an' around the Norfolk Countryside....Keep myself in super shape....Don't wanna turn into one of 'em 'Lounge Lizards, Sofa Kings, Butter Barrels or 'Jabba the Pizza Huts' or have to have my pooter chair surgically removed from my butt.....Toodle Pedallin' Pip....An' catcha all Laters!.....Mellio the Trollio...."It's the way I trollum!" 

image.jpeg.42edcea6dcd62785cd499ea230e5acdf.jpeg

Bob the Grocer knew what happened to the Bellamy money. I posted the relevant stuff to you.

As far as I know nobody knows how much the additions and improvements to the Barclay catering cost. Because last I saw Delia refused to divulge that information.

I wonder if it's in the accounts.

Anyway, another bacon butty is ready so I'm going to get that into my sumptuous gut then go back to bed and sleep it off.

Don't fall off your bike Boris 🙃