Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

A good effort.

A good effort from a very inexperienced squad at this level .Var ,injuries and being just plain unlucky did not help but they played well in most games.The fans can see that we are moving in the right direction and next season we will be one of the favourites for promotion. Rome was not built in a day.

• Like 1

yep. plenty to be positive about - from the game and how the club is progressing

it maybe that one or two playing today will not be with us come Sept but those moving upwards shows the club is getting it right

only the 'not too bright' deluded themselves that the club's intent was to get into the PL then try to cling on at all costs, irrespective of certain future damage

but, no doubt, there will be a plane flying over the city at some point with the words on a banner

'it's not fair' and on the other ' boo hoo hoo' 🛩️

so this is what we have become, a 5-0 thrashing described as "a good effort" and a whole host of feeble excuses.

Surely nobody can be happy with that!

Edited by Making Plans
  • Like 1

A bad end to a bad restart season, i do not think anyone would have thought that we would not get a single point following to restart of games. Its like a bad dream but, like most bad dreams they are soon forgotten and you just get on with things. I have learned over the years that there is no point looking back look forward that is where the future lays and do so with as much optimism as you can or else why bother. Forget this season which still had a few good memories but lets look forward to September and some goals and points on the board and hopefully some or even all of us to watch some of it

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

so this is what we have become, a 5-0 thrashing described as "a good effort" and a whole host of feeble excuses.

Surely nobody can be happy with that!

nobody is claiming anything about being happy

what those who are not whining like a spoilt brat are pointing out is that City certainly did not look demoralised or 'out of sort's'

and a bit of perspective would recognise that City had a fair few youth products up against some of the world's finest players - and no amount of childish bleats will cause the club's income to match that of a club who has picked up tens of million extra in European TV money ever season

and as hard as it is for some, reality will always be the determining factor

just as those who don't like our club will always show that in some way on here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

A bad end to a bad restart season, i do not think anyone would have thought that we would not get a single point following to restart of games. Its like a bad dream but, like most bad dreams they are soon forgotten and you just get on with things. I have learned over the years that there is no point looking back look forward that is where the future lays and do so with as much optimism as you can or else why bother. Forget this season which still had a few good memories but lets look forward to September and some goals and points on the board and hopefully some or even all of us to watch some of it

Probably best to acknowledge the huge stack of unwanted records that we have broken this season, we wouldn't want to make the same mistake again, would we?

• Like 2

An excellent effort: cynically benefiting from the parachute compensation. This club is now embarrassing not only our supporters but our city and county.  Already softening up the faithful warning the Championship is far too tough for a club like Norwich. 45-1 odds on a football match my mate got!! Horrendous shame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Probably best to acknowledge the huge stack of unwanted records that we have broken this season, we wouldn't want to make the same mistake again, would we?

I know what you mean but records are there to be broken good and bad. Footy often goes around in a circle we are due some good records being broken soon

The idea behind the season was extremely laudable. Keep the majority of the team together that played such wonderful football in the Championship (after a pretty poor start culminating in that 0-3 at home to Leeds) and bind them on longer contracts to secure them, get a couple of additions on on loan if need be, and try again in the Premier. Unfortunately, the loan signings weren't good enough, although I maintain Fährmann probably pushed Krul on to something approaching his best after being a little rusty last season. Amadou wasn't up to the mark, and as for Patrick Roberts and Duda, well...

We had a prolonged spell where we only had one fit centre-half with Zimbo, Klose, and Hanley out for months. First game Zimbo comes back in, we beat Everton 2-0 at Goodison. We then struggle a bit but get a three-pointer at home to ten-man Bournemouth then the **** hits the fan. Worse still, when we come back, Hanley, Zimmermann, and Byram are out, and a clearly not ready Klose is pressed into action, but we look dreadful afterwards.

However, our youngsters now have a good year's seasoning at a higher level to learn from. We also know that most of the more experienced ones can't make the step up (so, the likes of Vrancic, Stiepermann, Trybull, for example) if we go up again. We've not jeopardised the financial future of the club. We faced unusual bad luck with defensive injuries, and a set of circumstances with the pandemic that teams generally don't have to face. Can be well-argued that we didn't cope with it well, but it's not something you'd expect to handle anyway!

We go again. Some interesting new faces are already in and they look like the sort of young, hungry players we look to develop with our model. I just hope confidence has not been hit too irreparably, although a shot of fresh young blood should help there anyway.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mr footy said:

A good effort from a very inexperienced squad at this level .Var ,injuries and being just plain unlucky did not help but they played well in most games.The fans can see that we are moving in the right direction and next season we will be one of the favourites for promotion. Rome was not built in a day.

Mr Footy? A Whiff of Bin methinks....?

Great effort by your lot too. 11th in the 3rd division. Still,  you won the black and white cup in 1937 or whenever it was. Fair play. 

We have to put things into perspective, we did well up to the lockdown.We were unlucky in most games.We had players who had not played in this league. We tried to keep in this league without getting into financial trouble. We are in good shape as a club.We will be in the mix next season for promotion. We are following a very sensible model of running a club for the future .

A lot of Norwich "supporters" are set to "mug" by default, second best is always good enough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again , no ambition, no investment...  what do you expect with a cook at the helm and a German reserve team coach?

Answer: Nothing, lil ol naarwich, nothing ever changes.

20 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The idea behind the season was extremely laudable. Keep the majority of the team together that played such wonderful football in the Championship (after a pretty poor start culminating in that 0-3 at home to Leeds) and bind them on longer contracts to secure them, get a couple of additions on on loan if need be, and try again in the Premier. Unfortunately, the loan signings weren't good enough, although I maintain Fährmann probably pushed Krul on to something approaching his best after being a little rusty last season. Amadou wasn't up to the mark, and as for Patrick Roberts and Duda, well...

We had a prolonged spell where we only had one fit centre-half with Zimbo, Klose, and Hanley out for months. First game Zimbo comes back in, we beat Everton 2-0 at Goodison. We then struggle a bit but get a three-pointer at home to ten-man Bournemouth then the **** hits the fan. Worse still, when we come back, Hanley, Zimmermann, and Byram are out, and a clearly not ready Klose is pressed into action, but we look dreadful afterwards.

However, our youngsters now have a good year's seasoning at a higher level to learn from. We also know that most of the more experienced ones can't make the step up (so, the likes of Vrancic, Stiepermann, Trybull, for example) if we go up again. We've not jeopardised the financial future of the club. We faced unusual bad luck with defensive injuries, and a set of circumstances with the pandemic that teams generally don't have to face. Can be well-argued that we didn't cope with it well, but it's not something you'd expect to handle anyway!

We go again. Some interesting new faces are already in and they look like the sort of young, hungry players we look to develop with our model. I just hope confidence has not been hit too irreparably, although a shot of fresh young blood should help there anyway.

Plus, look at four of the subs who came on today - Idah, Martin, Thomas, Famewo. The next bunch, with plenty of others behind them, already some exciting new blood in the door. Bring it on.

And to everyone moaning about how we have approached the season - can I just state the blindingly obvious one last time; WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO SPEND.

You don't need to believe me - look at the accounts. Please, look at the accounts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

A lot of Norwich "supporters" are set to "mug" by default, second best is always good enough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again , no ambition, no investment...  what do you expect with a cook at the helm and a German reserve team coach?

Thank you Carra Rud for your keen insight. 

4 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

You're just bitter because you're not getting back that tenner you put towards the 'DELIA OUT' aeroplane.

🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️🛩️

4 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Plus, look at four of the subs who came on today - Idah, Martin, Thomas, Famewo. The next bunch, with plenty of others behind them, already some exciting new blood in the door. Bring it on.

And to everyone moaning about how we have approached the season - can I just state the blindingly obvious one last time; WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY MONEY TO SPEND.

You don't need to believe me - look at the accounts. Please, look at the accounts. 

The next few set of accounts should look good though! 

1 hour ago, TheGoogler said:

5-0 can never really be considered "a good effort", can it? 

In the context of predictions that the Premier League record defeat would be beaten today I would say "yes it can", it is all relative, now if Manchester City lost 5-0 to us, that would be a different story.......

41 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Farke and Webber have bought almost fifty players since arriving so your use of capital letters looks ridiculous to me. 

2 hours ago, mr footy said:

Based on what we’ve witnessed this season, particularly since the restart, your claim is based on nothing but blind optimism.  Further relegation is far more likely.

Are you lot delusional?  This season was utter tripe apart from maybe 3 games. It's a good job Norwich fans are pretty forgiving as I I cannot see many other fans buying in to this 5 year plan rubbish. We had - what was it a 7 year plan under mcnasty and nearly went under allegedly near the end of his tenure until the Messiah Webber saved us. Until we get owners with ambition and money we'll never compete or even remain long in the top tier. 

1 hour ago, Carra Rud said:

There's  no W in Naaaaarich.

Binners mistake.