Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Troy Deeny- Quite the character isnt he?

Bit dumb of the journo to suggest he might be retiring from football completely seeing as he's only just turned 32!

His interview suggests he might be leaving Watford now. That would be good news, that club looks to be in pretty desperate shape and losing a leader such as him would compound issues. 

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

His interview suggests he might be leaving Watford now. That would be good news, that club looks to be in pretty desperate shape and losing a leader such as him would compound issues. 

The Pozzi family also own Granada (who have just qualified for the Europa League) and Udinese. Not sure how their fortune has been affected by the coronavirus, but even if they're still doing well I doubt they'll invest a huge amount in trying to get Watford back up. More likely we'll see one or two of their better players going to Granada... and I'm sure there will be suitors for Doucoure and Sarr from bigger clubs than those (Sarr already being linked with Liverpool).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

The Pozzi family also own Granada (who have just qualified for the Europa League) and Udinese. Not sure how their fortune has been affected by the coronavirus, but even if they're still doing well I doubt they'll invest a huge amount in trying to get Watford back up. More likely we'll see one or two of their better players going to Granada... and I'm sure there will be suitors for Doucoure and Sarr from bigger clubs than those (Sarr already being linked with Liverpool).

The Pozzos sold Granada 4 years ago. Rumours from my WFC supporting friends are that they may be selling WFC-2 prospective owners have been mentioned-1 is “well known to the Premier League” and the other is “someone who you would never want to be associated with your club”. Both of those could be Mike Ashley!

Oh, and Pearson was sacked for something he said after the West Ham game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The Pozzos sold Granada 4 years ago. Rumours from my WFC supporting friends are that they may be selling WFC-2 prospective owners have been mentioned-1 is “well known to the Premier League” and the other is “someone who you would never want to be associated with your club”. Both of those could be Mike Ashley!

Oh, and Pearson was sacked for something he said after the West Ham game.

Thanks for that. Had completely missed them selling Granada! More instability at Watford can only play into our hands next season, as they do have a very strong squad on paper.

Would love to know what Pearson said... he's not exactly a natural diplomat! 😄

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Watford fans seem to want to see the back of him as it means the end of the "lump it to Deeney" football that they've seen this season, and say that he's not mobile enough to play the lone striker role.

Can tell they've not been in the Championship for a long time as that would make a good plan B.

I wonder whether West Brom would be interested perhaps? He's from Brum. 

would take Deeney at Norwich all day long (as long as the operation isn't too serious). We need a lump it to xxx option and Deeney is the sort of character that we lack 

29 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The way that Mike Ashley runs a club and his level of ambition might be better suited to Watford though.

Newcastle are without a doubt a huge club, with a stadium suited to European football, have had some quality teams in recent years. The level of expectation is very high.

Other than stick Wonga all over their shirts what has Mike Ashley done that is so bad? Cleared their debts, they are in the Premier League etc.

I think he gets an unfairly bad rap. 

Deserves a little for some of his non-football business, working conditions etc, but I don't think he's the devil reincarnate and this is definitely exaggerated while some much worse high profile people get a free pass.

Always felt it was a bit distasteful how Mike Ashley would get held up as the example of everything wrong with capitalism by the UK media when there are so many much worse examples. He's not Philip Green robbing pensions, living in a tax haven and paying his wife £1bn to avoid tax, and allegedly being a massive bully to employees particularly young females.

Unlike most billionaires I believe Ashley hasn't made himself non-domicile. So if you end up in an ICU ward next month with coronavirus, Mike Ashley is happily contributing to your care but Richard Branson and Philip Green are not. 

Meanwhile everybody seems to think the sun shines out of Bransons backside (at least, they did until earlier this year).

6 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

would take Deeney at Norwich all day long (as long as the operation isn't too serious). We need a lump it to xxx option and Deeney is the sort of character that we lack 

I wouldn't mind him here as an option either, but should imagine one of the promoted sides or even Villa will fancy him? 

He's from brum so he'd probably welcome a West Brom or Villa move?

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I wouldn't mind him here as an option either, but should imagine one of the promoted sides or even Villa will fancy him? 

Can't see him going to Villa as he's a die hard bluenose 

37 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He hates Villa.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Watford fans seem to want to see the back of him as it means the end of the "lump it to Deeney" football that they've seen this season, and say that he's not mobile enough to play the lone striker role.

Can tell they've not been in the Championship for a long time as that would make a good plan B.

I wonder whether West Brom would be interested perhaps? He's from Brum. 

Watford are a physical team. I doubt they'll suddenly start playing Barcelona style passing football in the championship! Deeney would be a great signing for any Champs team.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Watford are a physical team. I doubt they'll suddenly start playing Barcelona style passing football in the championship! Deeney would be a great signing for any Champs team.

Yeah he would give us a different option. 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I got great service when I rented my colour set from Granada..

"Great service, great sets too, that's why people like you rent Granada!"