Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Official thread for all games

Amazing people are up in arms at hawkeye when the owners of our club have delivered the worst season in our history... do you just not care about our 1st team? Dreadful... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

It is where he played for Aberdeen and I think Stiepermann will leave with McLean taking his position. I don’t foresee him leaving unless he wants too, it’s true he’s not done a lot in the PL but he’s plenty good enough for the Championship. 

Yes but no disrespect but I’d rather see young Martin who looks a prospect than McClean. That said I’m sure Farke will have plans for his favourite midfielder!

32 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes but no disrespect but I’d rather see young Martin who looks a prospect than McClean. That said I’m sure Farke will have plans for his favourite midfielder!

Honestly, the hate towards McLean (not McClean, he plays for Stoke) is just baffling.

The guy is not a Premier League footballer - at least he hasn't shown it for us - but he's a good player for any Championship side. To suggest he's replaced by Josh Martin who doesn't even play the same position is just a weird thing to say. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

Honestly, the hate towards McLean (not McClean, he plays for Stoke) is just baffling.

The guy is not a Premier League footballer - at least he hasn't shown it for us - but he's a good player for any Championship side. To suggest he's replaced by Josh Martin who doesn't even play the same position is just a weird thing to say. 

There’s no hate! Here we go again, there’s an opinion, mine based on his performance this season is very poor, exactly where does McClean play then? No.10 or holding central midfield? Because you guys can5 agree, yet Farke’s hasn’t used him at no.10!

No hate but to push on we need to upgrade while we have money and incentive to do so. Hell you can make an argument for all our squad including Drmic that they’re good enough for the championship, but our model of self sufficiency needs us to improve our team when possible.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Amazing people are up in arms at hawkeye when the owners of our club have delivered the worst season in our history... do you just not care about our 1st team? Dreadful... 

Astonishing isn’t it that people are capable of having opinions on many different things all at the same time...

• Like 1

Spleens nearly vented. Just waiting for one or two slackers to pipe up.

And somebody said this season would be easily forgotten. You're having a Giraffe. This has been the strangest football season ever.

Anyway. Its not like its taken until today to learn we weren't good enough. Was anyone expecting another ManC upset with a bench with two keepers and no pubic hair on it?

Blame who and what you like but it will make no difference whatsoever. Whether you have some hatred for Villa or not is not pertinent. Get over it.

Roll on next season and hope for a good start

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Great to get this season over with, reality was we had a squad where lots of players developed and learned others just got found out. Now we take the money ship out those clearly not good enough and build with the young hungry players we’ve already signed......looking good for next year.

Totally agree Indyo and I wont panic if we dont go up again straight away. Lots of squad development to come.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Totally agree Indyo and I wont panic if we dont go up again straight away. Lots of squad development to come.

You might not, but I could name a few posters already who will be predicting our relegation to L1 the first time we lose a fixture next season. God forbid it’s our first game or the bleating will be horrendous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s no hate! Here we go again, there’s an opinion, mine based on his performance this season is very poor, exactly where does McClean play then? No.10 or holding central midfield? Because you guys can5 agree, yet Farke’s hasn’t used him at no.10!

No hate but to push on we need to upgrade while we have money and incentive to do so. Hell you can make an argument for all our squad including Drmic that they’re good enough for the championship, but our model of self sufficiency needs us to improve our team when possible.

Farke has used him at 10, but decided not to keep playing him there.

Just now, Number9 said:

Farke has used him at 10, but decided not to keep playing him there.

I can’t say I remember him starting there, but surely if he’s a natural number 10 why move him to a position where he’s really very poor, yes he runs a lot, but the amount of ties he loses the ball, doesn’t track runners is just awful. The reason we’ve already bought in two young replacements and probably more to come.

Just now, Indy said:

I can’t say I remember him starting there, but surely if he’s a natural number 10 why move him to a position where he’s really very poor, yes he runs a lot, but the amount of ties he loses the ball, doesn’t track runners is just awful. The reason we’ve already bought in two young replacements and probably more to come.

I agree, but I don't pick the team Indy.

Farke doesn't seem to say much apart from he is our best header and covers alot of ground. 

It hurts my eyes to watch him waving his arms and pointing, instead of pressing and tackling. 

• Haha 1

Why don't we just merge with Ipswich and become East Anglia United? Their sh ite we are sh ite match made in heaven?

1 minute ago, Carra Rud said:

Why don't we just merge with Ipswich and become East Anglia United? Their sh ite we are sh ite match made in heaven?

What a great idea, we’ll use Nor from us, and wich from them and call the new club Norwich! We’ll play at Norwich as they own their own ground and it’s a City not a small smelly little town, call it Norwich City!

We can then have joint majority share holders with DS, MWJ & ME, with the six million injected by Evans to keep the Binners afloat each year and make sure there’s plenty of red wine and top class scampi available at the Gunn club!

Jobs a good un, we keep our club, wind up that ****ty little league 1 club!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Absolutely. Defensive midfield strengthening has already started and I think McLean may be moved further upfield if Emi and Todd leave. 

Is Glasgow far enough up field? 😁

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Indy said:

What a great idea, we’ll use Nor from us, and wich from them and call the new club Norwich! We’ll play at Norwich as they own their own ground and it’s a City not a small smelly little town, call it Norwich City!

We can then have joint majority share holders with DS, MWJ & ME, with the six million injected by Evans to keep the Binners afloat each year and make sure there’s plenty of red wine and top class scampi available at the Gunn club!

Jobs a good un, we keep our club, wind up that ****ty little league 1 club!

To be fair that is funny!