Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Official thread for all games

Perhaps we need to sell our defenders else we'll leak goals galore next season, just like we did last season!!!!

12 minutes ago, kick it off said:

More Mclean magic. God he really is ****ing ****. How we have apologists for him on here is beyond me.

You don't understand, think about how much ground he covers...

• Haha 1

Just now, Adelaide Canary said:

Man City look like they are toying with a Sunday league team. A pathetic end to a totally pathetic season. 

Indeed, already pointed out this felt like a training match for them- they hardly got out of second gear yet still smashed us without breaking a sweat

4 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Perhaps we need to sell our defenders else we'll leak goals galore next season, just like we did last season!!!!

Again, our defenders were great in blocks and tackles, our useless midfielders pissing about and not covering the runners deserve to be gotten shot off, McClean get go off to Rangers as he’s really poor to have in a team, thinks he’s Messi and gives away stupid balls leading to goals.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

Just now, ricardo said:

Men against boys just about sums up the season.

Half a billion pounds against a sack of spuds.

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Villas £144 million doesn't look so stupid now 😜

Ultimately stayed up because of the implosion at Watford, though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Again, our defenders were great in blocks and tackles, our useless midfielders pissing about and not covering the runners deserve to be gotten shot off, McClean get go off to Rangers as he’s really poor to have in a team, thinks he’s Messi and gloves away stupid balls.

Agree with this, it's not the defence as such that's the issue but the weak as **** midfield in front. The fact that Tettey has still been our best defensive midfielder speaks absolute volumes 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

Finishing 13 points adrift at the bottom of the premier league is more than embarassing 😞

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

There in is the problem.

Anyone got a rich Chinese relative?

5 minutes ago, Adelaide Canary said:

Man City look like they are toying with a Sunday league team. A pathetic end to a totally pathetic season. 

Yeah, it’s not like Man City have put 5 past anyone else recently is it ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not just any potato’s but Norfolk Peer’s I’ll have you know!

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

.....Let's now commence the 'Project Potato' it's NCFC and we're cheap as chips......

Lots of people with a chip on their shoulder tonight!

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Not just any potato’s but Norfolk Peer’s I’ll have you know!

Good for mashing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Villas £144 million doesn't look so stupid now 😜

Yeah but come on... We have 'the long term plan' and this seasons shower is all just part of the 'bigger picture'. 🤣 Fair play to villa - you have to speculate to accumate and looks like has paid off for them. As for us... back where the board want us with a bit of cash to feather the bank 😕

Counting the hours until Bournemouth commence legal action against the PL and hawk eye 

Great to get this season over with, reality was we had a squad where lots of players developed and learned others just got found out. Now we take the money ship out those clearly not good enough and build with the young hungry players we’ve already signed......looking good for next year.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Counting the hours until Bournemouth commence legal action against the PL and hawk eye 

To be honest I wouldn’t blame them, as it’s clear Hawkeye is an integral part of any game and should have been working and VAR was for any clear and obvious errors......well that was the clearest error ever!

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Great to get this season over with, reality was we had a squad where lots of players developed and learned others just got found out. Now we take the money ship out those clearly not good enough and build with the young hungry players we’ve already signed......looking good for next year.

Absolutely. Defensive midfield strengthening has already started and I think McLean may be moved further upfield if Emi and Todd leave. 

I feel so blessed that our excellent scouting department found Lukas Rupp, what an absolute steal he was. We never properly replaced Shaun Carey and I never thought that day would come. Give them all a bonus! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Absolutely. Defensive midfield strengthening has already started and I think McLean may be moved further upfield if Emi and Todd leave. 

I really hope not! I’d much rather Martin and Sinani share that spot, with Hernandez and the new Polish lad on the wings. I’d be very happy with a couple million from Rangers for him!

16 minutes ago, JF said:

Won't get them anywhere.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I really hope not! I’d much rather Martin and Sinani share that spot, with Hernandez and the new Polish lad on the wings. I’d be very happy with a couple million from Rangers for him!

It is where he played for Aberdeen and I think Stiepermann will leave with McLean taking his position. I don’t foresee him leaving unless he wants too, it’s true he’s not done a lot in the PL but he’s plenty good enough for the Championship.