Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Official thread for all games

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Not much you can do against play like that ☹️

You could put your foot in. Rupp just shadowed De Bruyne, possibly the best player in the EPL.

3 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

He’s right though. Forget Hernandez’s goal as he was more than a bit offside but the principle is that VAR isn’t accurate enough. Offsides are supposedly clear cut, you’re either on or offside therefore there’s no ‘clear and obvious error’ bit when discussing offsides. Yet it is proven the technology isn’t good enough to be 100% definitive.

Regardless of the inadequacies it was clearly a correct decision. Even with yellow and green glasses you could not dispute that.

Just now, CANARYKING said:

How many goals have we concede just before or just after halftime 

Nearly every game.

Irrespective of what a good strike it was it just seems so predictable ....1st half added time and we concede 

Shame we couldn’t keep it to 1-0 at half time. We might get the odd sniff like Hernandez and Pukki’s chances but two?

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Still undoubtedly the correct decision.

Why are you so sure?

Because they drew a line down the screen on tv?

Just now, ron obvious said:

Why are you so sure?

Because they drew a line down the screen on tv?

I don’t like it, but it was correct.

1 minute ago, C.I.D said:

Irrespective of what a good strike it was it just seems so predictable ....1st half added time and we concede 

Not our year. 

Things seem to go in cycles. This year it's all gone against us.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Regardless of the inadequacies it was clearly a correct decision. Even with yellow and green glasses you could not dispute that.

That’s why I said ‘forget Hernandez’s goal’

Pukkis vs Spurs was anything but clear

Edited by Fiery Zac

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t like it, but it was correct.

Absolutely  Nuffo, called it live as it happened, didnt need VAR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

That’s why I said ‘forget Hernandez’s goal’

Pukkis vs Spurs was anything but clear

Indeed.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Not our year. 

Things seem to go in cycles. This year it's all gone against us.

Are there footballing gods? If there are they've not liked us this year.

Perhaps though they might, just might bring a West Ham goal in the next 45 minutes 

• Like 1

A real battling backs to the wall performance from the lads I the first half, reminds me of my first and only visit to the Loft night club 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Is Pukki a one season wonder? 

No.

He's still scored 11 goals from 32 league starts in a poor premier league team this year; 1 in 3 in the prem is a decent return.

His confidence is shot atm.

OTBC

• Like 1

Yes but one on one and he hits it straight at the keeper. He was banging them in for fun before his injury. How for has he gone off the boil

45 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Another case where nobody in the ground complained about the goal, yet VAR is again used (despite no clear and obvious error) and we get punished. Will be so glad to see the back of it next season.

This is why I would like a review type system as with DRS in cricket. A limited number of reviews (say 1) to burn per game, which can be used by the manager. Then you don’t get those decisions which no one has even seen being given! 

Teams would also retain their review if it proves they are correct to have used it.

Obviously there is a chance that it could be used dishonourably to time waste or break up play, which is why you also introduce really tough penalties to deter any mistreatment. 

And VAR does not get used otherwise. 

This system works so well in cricket and also shifts the blame away from the technology and on to the players, I.e. when Stokes should’ve been out at Headingley but Australia had wasted all their reviews so couldn’t appeal it.

Obviously football is not be as black and white as cricket but it would still work a damn sight better than it does now.

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Yes but one on one and he hits it straight at the keeper. He was banging them in for fun before his injury. How for has he gone off the boil

Too much time, if it was instinctive he might have done better.

Complicating everything now.

If they had any morals they would get rid of it but apparently football, at this level, is too important.

In other words, there is too much money at stake for the big clubs.

Does anybody think it would have been brought in because clubs like ours complained? Course not. It was red faced Ferguson and his ilk.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Complicating everything now.

If they had any morals they would get rid of it but apparently football, at this level, is too important.

In other words, there is too much money at stake for the big clubs.

Does anybody think it would have been brought in because clubs like ours complained? Course not. It was red faced Ferguson and his ilk.

It doesn’t happen yet, but will you be surprised when the tv companies start to flash up an advert or two during the checks?

I suppose it's all set up for Man C to get the 3 that Guardiola wanted to get to 100 goals and Silva to score it 😐

Coach’s challenge works fine in the NFL too. You have two per game and if you win you retain it for use again. The penalty is if you lose the challenge you also loose a timeout. 

Meanwhile West Ham have not had one shot on target in 60 minutes