Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Just 10 short hours

and this horrible season will be over with, and we can look forward to next year with a freshened up squad and no VAR.

Fingers crossed Villa come down with us.

• Like 4

What a truly dreadful season. From high hopes to despair. And then Covid. And then even worse despair. A season to forget completely but we'll be stuck with for a long time. Only one or two high points, only one or two players have done better than I was expecting.

Roll on next season.

The season that will be remembered for all the wrong reasons both on and off the field.

Yes, it is a few hours before the season is over but let's not dwell on it for too long.  It hasn't all been horrible.  There have been quite a few high spots, ecstasy in the case of beating Man City so well, the two matches against Leicester were pretty good too, not to mention the away win at Everton.  The cup games have been a high spot too - even against Man Utd where it was probably only the sending off that scuppered us.  The match and penalty shoot out against Spurs was fantastic. 

So although I agree with the op that overall it's been awful, it has for me only two factors that have made it so - the injuries and covid  - both beyond our control. If it hadn't been for those two things - and the mystery why Duda was so awful given his pedigree - I think we would have done a lot better, got one or two more wins or draws and kept ourselves in the fight to stay up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah can't wait for next season now!

Should be interesting and hopefully a good one. How much would you like to stake on Leeds staying up/going down btw? 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should be interesting and hopefully a good one. How much would you like to stake on Leeds staying up/going down btw? 

£50? Going to the PuPs or something similar?

Amazing that a couple of new signings can make me excited for next season already. We live in hope that they have the potential to establish Norwich as a premier league side, that the current group (as a team) do not possess. 

Would like to see us build a solid defensive foundation next season to give us more of a chance if we were promoted.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

£50? Going to the PuPs or something similar?

That sounds good to me. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

Was recalling the last time we got relegated under AN..At the turn of the year we had a game against Southampton, by then we had gotten past the 20 point mark but from there on in the points dried up and by May we had barely crept over 30 points and we were going down with a very aged team, had spent to much and the club was, financially, in  a fair bit of  of bother to say the least.

One would think then, given this time weve only amassed 21 sorry points, that we should feel even more despairing than that previous relegation, but, even with the crazy amount of injuries and the Covid killing machine, somehow im feeling way more positive for our club  in general than just 3 or so years back.

Yes its been as bad as can be on the pitch, and off it  to with the Covid effect, but there is much more hope and good vibes  for me already for the coming season than last time.

You said it, then we had an aging team and we had financially overstretched. Besides we got promoted by being a bit better than other teams with a better squad. Our last promotion was much more convincing as we dominated games, so that gives me reason to hope we can turn this around quickly. 

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

So although I agree with the op that overall it's been awful, it has for me only two factors that have made it so - the injuries and covid  - both beyond our control. 

Whoa........three surely ? What about Pukki’s ‘ goal ‘ against Spurs ? 😀