Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Krul staying?

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/krul-hints-he-will-remain-with-city-1-6763235

If this report is correct then we would be mad to let Krul go. I would think that many premiership teams would love to have him, even if only as a back-up, but he says he owes a debt of gratitude to Norwich City. In addition to his skills as a keeper he is a fantastic leader, and a guide for the younger players. Although we shipped far too many goals this season I dread to think how many more it would have been without Tim between the sticks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Assuming Watford are relegated tomorrow I would think Foster is likely higher on PL clubs radars. 

Let's hope so (although I'd rather Villa came down with us)

• Like 1

I think he'll stay.

Apart from Sheffield United, I can't think of any PL club who are in need of a first choice keeper.

I can imagine a number of clubs would love him to be a back-up, considering he counts as a home-grown player. Yet he didn't sound too happy when he was on the bench at Brighton, so I doubt he would move unless he was guarenteed game time.

I think he's happy here. He's an important member of the team and popular with supporters. I think he'd value playing time over money tbh.

In my book the team should be built around Krul. Literally the first name on the team sheet if you see what i mean ?

If he wants to stay we need to make it happen, only a ridiculous offer that turns his head could make any difference. Player of the Season and rightfully so.

I hope Krul is telling us the truth. Although he’s had some bad injuries through his career, he hasn’t missed many games for us and has tonnes of Premier League experience, making him a huge asset for us in the Championship, and vital part of the squad if we manage to bounce straight back up next season. I was amazed how we managed to sign him in the first place and I think that the reason why he wants to stay is similar to Klose’s - his admiration of us fans

If he did move to another PL team I think the only teams where he would be able to be first choice would be any of the 3 newly promoted teams, or Sheff Utd who can’t sign Henderson on a permanent deal. Although just like others have said, I agree probably Foster of Watford or possibly Ramsdale of Bournemouth are more likely to be the first choice signings of any PL teams looking for goalkeepers

If Krul is telling us the truth I have huge admiration for him - putting support and game time ahead of money, and I hope that the board will also play their part in keeping our key players and not accept any offer unless we receive something ridiculous for him like £60m, as I can’t see how we would be able to replace him unless we managed to become an established PL side

Foster, really? I do not think he is any good.

As for Krul, controversial and most will disagree but I don't get the love in. He was never as bad as people were suggesting at the start of last season and now people are over estimating how good he is. Do not get me wrong, he's good and more than good enough for us next season,  but I don't think many clubs in the Premier League would be after him. He's had a decent season, nothing spectacular but when compared to virtually everyone else, I can see why he gets extra credit, because everyone else have been poor.

We definitely need another keeper next season, we can't be only one injury away from McGovern playing, who is terrible.

Agree that another keeper would be good. I would say getting Fährmann in was a pretty smart move as it clearly pushed Krul on.