Sign in to follow this  
keelansgrandad

RIP Peter Green

Sad to hear of the early death of the founder of one of the greatest ever British bands. Much better than the AOR band that took its name

• Like 3

About 20 years ago there was a Fleetwood Mac Documentary, and at that time Peter Green lived alone as a recluse with long nails and clearly still suffering with the impact of class A drug use. He clearly pulled himself together in the latter years so i am not sure if it is a case of life wasted or fortunate to have got that far given how low he had fallen

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Surprised he made it to the age he did to be honest. 

Too true, but at my age I'm one of those who have to agree with the OP that 73 is early! 

One of the true greats. Had more feeling than any other guitarist i know. Also a true inspiration for my daughters who played need your love at their schools show. here's my youngest at a gig she played. Enjoy 

Edited by mastoola
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sad to hear of the early death of the founder of one of the greatest ever British bands. Much better than the AOR band that took its name

Saw him at the Waterfront yonks ago, maybe late 90's. I think it was then the Peter Green Splinter Group. Cozey Powell on drums.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Said it before but it is rather surprising when you hear Green's Mac. Totally different bands really. RIP Peter.

47 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

"Oh Well" is a fantastic tune. RIP Peter Green 

Green Manalishi is probably my favourite. Judas Priest did a great cover of it as well. 

"Man Of the World"....Superb track.....I'll also always remember 'Albatross'....a forever classic....

RIP Peter Green..... 

RIP -- Saw him in John Mayall's band In Black Prince, Bexley & Fleetwood Mac in Dartford...

Cracking guitarist.

Why is this in the football thread? It's got nothing to do with football. Great band though !

18 hours ago, Jools said:

RIP -- Saw him in John Mayall's band In Black Prince, Bexley & Fleetwood Mac in Dartford...

Cracking guitarist.

odd how Fleetwood Macs gig list does not have them playing in Dartford at that time

And for you to have seen John Mayall's band would have you now in your early seventies, whereas your posts smack of someone in his early teens

more lies, it would seem

Tribute being played on BBC Radio 6 Music at the moment.

If you want a Blues tribute triple-whammy seek out Gary Moore at Montreux in 1990 playing "The Messiah will come again" - a dead blues guitarist playing a song by a then dead Blues Guitarist (The Master - Roy Buchanan), on a guitar given to him by a now dead Blues Guitarist Peter Green.

Worth checking out the life of Danny Kirwan, who it is said to have 'inspired' Peter Green and sort of took over when PG left FM.

Poor fellow became homeless and destitute from the mid seventies until his death a couple of years ago