Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Pukki links to Turkey

59 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Not sure what’s going on with blank posts here, but - I can get Greggs’ vegan sausage rolls delivered??? I’m ordering now...

8 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

An offer north of 4 million would be acceptable in my opinion. 

But we'd have to spend £15m minimum to get a comparable proven striker. That won't happen and we'd be left with Idah and Drmic.

9 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

No way. Would have to be 10+ just for us to consider.

9 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Is this a joke? What on earth would we do with 4 million?

29 championship goals, good form shown in the Prem until a toe injury set back and his team’s form falling off a cliff. I’d be disappointed if we sold him for anything less than £10m although I would understand if the club considered £8m+ as we would see diminished returns, even to the point of him becoming a burden - given his age, if he fails to hit form.

But I think it’s a risk worth taking and we should have full confidence in him, he will be playing under different circumstances next season and I believe he’ll find his groove again. And let’s face it, we’d take any other striker with a similar record to already in our team and ready to go for the start of next season.

But you’d rather we bagged £4m so we could buy one quarter of another proven championship striker...

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

But we'd have to spend £15m minimum to get a comparable proven striker. That won't happen and we'd be left with Idah and Drmic.

We’d be left with Idah! 😂 

For me Pukki is needed. We need a spine and some important blocks of the group that got us up who are motivated and can perform. It has to be as the spine too.

Krul, zimmerman, tettey and pukki.

An offer may come in for pukki, but it needs to be a very good one and as said we know what the county and city can do to players and their families. They can fall in love with area, fans and get settled. That is where we are so good in making more seasoned pros feel at home.

With a lot of youngsters coming inwe need settled heads, those that can bring a winning mentality or experience. If sam byram is fit I think he also will be a massive leader for us.

We need a few leaders now and pukki is one. He can help our strike force and new attacking players again confidence as he makes great runs and has the ability to finish a number of those chances off.

Aaron's, lewis, cantwell, godfrey can all be replaced and all have their footballing lives ahead of them. That is what we do, build exciting players for bigger clubs. We then make a place where a player wants to settle and performs for the love of the game and that their family is settled. Those 4 are ready to fly off.

Pukki will be here unless the money comes in is off the charts. He is more important to us next year than any of the 4 young english players mentioned above who should all being in decent fees if their agents work hard for them.

17 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sell him. And Drmic. 

Who would want Drmic? I think we could be stuck with him.

3 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

On the plus side, the Championship could be his level. Says Dylan desperately clutching at a straw

3 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

He is still very popular in Germany - Norwich had stiff competition to sign him last summer. I don’t think it would be too hard to find a club for him. Drmic has been poor since the restart, but was starting to get himself into some form before the lockdown. That’s why he was given a start in the game against Southampton. 

Hard to judge an individual when they are stuck in a team that isn’t functioning at any level. 

Webber has been good at finding clubs for players that have looked out of sorts (a £1m profit on Marley Watkins, lest we forget). 

I still hold hope that Drmic could make a significant contribution next season - he was such a fantastic player before and his finishing was impeccable. A drop down division might be the kick he needs to start firing. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

On the plus side, the Championship could be his level. Says Dylan desperately clutching at a straw

I would love him to come good. Atm he shows no skills whatsoever  but there must be something useful about him surely? If he continues to show poor form next season I wonder would he want to leave and find his level elsewhere? We shall see.

I think he needs to be loaned out because if DF continues to give him starts in place of proven talent just so he can get his game back, we won't be winning many games.

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I still hold hope that Drmic could make a significant contribution next season - he was such a fantastic player before and his finishing was impeccable. A drop down division might be the kick he needs to start firing. 

Watching Drmic against Burnley in the cup, his finishing was just awful, several clear cut chances which he just fluffed, pure and simple. He got a tap in, but you felt that was the only way he was ever going to score.  I hate writing off players, but he has a mountain to climb at Norwich if he wants to get back in favour with the fans and probably DF too. 

I think it would be a big mistake to allow Pukki to go unless we get offered stupid money or he forces a move. I don’t see either of those scenarios as particularly likely.

hes integral to how we play, even when he’s not scoring his movement and running creates space for others. He will get a load of goals next season if he scores early. 

24 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think it would be a big mistake to allow Pukki to go unless we get offered stupid money or he forces a move. I don’t see either of those scenarios as particularly likely.

hes integral to how we play, even when he’s not scoring his movement and running creates space for others. He will get a load of goals next season if he scores early. 

I agree. I think he just needs one and they will flow again. And i dont see us getting anywhere near the money for him that would purchase a like for like replacement. 

55 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think he just needs one and they will flow again

Is this anything to do with the conversation about “stage fright” ?

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He is still very popular in Germany - Norwich had stiff competition to sign him last summer. I don’t think it would be too hard to find a club for him. Drmic has been poor since the restart, but was starting to get himself into some form before the lockdown. That’s why he was given a start in the game against Southampton. 

Hard to judge an individual when they are stuck in a team that isn’t functioning at any level. 

Webber has been good at finding clubs for players that have looked out of sorts (a £1m profit on Marley Watkins, lest we forget). 

Perhaps he has been given a starting place as a shop window? It implies a certain cynicism but I have wondered about the thinking behind his selection. Or, it has simply been to give him an opportunity because he has had so few. If it's the case of the latter, he hasn't taken it in fairness. Then neither has the team.

Edited by sonyc

Drmic even after reduction on wages still can be biggest earner in our club.

Showing joke hairstyle first and then joke singer style and not last very poor on the field im quite sure Weber will try his best to offload this man who seems not in his place on Norwich.

Without doubt with his fat deal will be very hard .We very often failed with biggest earners ;/

So Pukki must stay at least until January and Drmic must go replaced by Jordan Rhodes probably.

Edited by Boris

20 hours ago, Aggy said:

It is just a clear fact that a footballer’s playing career is significantly shorter than most normal people’s career. So yes they have to make their money in a decade/fifteen years or so.

I doubt Pukki has made mega bucks in his career. He’ll be comfortable of course but not mega bucks.

And to be honest, I think Indy’s comment is a bit naive. Why should a player (or anyone) think “well, in comparison to the UK average salary, I’m already earning more than most people, so I won’t take more money which would make me and my family more comfortable”? 

You've missed my point completely here Aggy.

Any sensible person will make as much as they can in whatever career they are in, and nobody in their right mind is going to refuse massive wages, but the key point here is that whether you've earned 1k a week, 10k a week or 100k a week, if you've simply thrown the money around on flash things like Ferrari's and 10 bedroom mansions, rather than showing a modicum of restraint and put plenty away for actual retirement age (which is 65-70 and NOT 35 for 99% of the world) then you have ZERO argument about length of professional football career being a justifying reason as to why you should get 50 times more in wages than most people do in theirs.

What is to stop a footballer taking almost any 'normal' (I don't wan't to use the word 'unskilled' as I find it demeaning to hard workers) job once they stop playing? Why can't they go work in a call centre, sell cars, stack shelves in Tesco, move into coaching/punditry or hundreds of other options that don't need university degrees and plenty of experience to get???

Life doesn't stop for a footballer when they hit mid to late 30's, that's simply the end of the gravy train for top level players, but there is NOTHING to prevent them from continuing to work after the end of their playing career, and it's the suggestion that they need crazy wages due to a short playing career whilst ignoring their ability to work post this that really frustrates me.

I hear Tomas Brolin went back home and sold vacuum cleaners after the end of his football career, on probably the same wages as most average people in work, and hundreds of other former players have gone into 'normal' jobs, so the argument about them NEEDING insane amounts of cash or somehow they can't live is beyond ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

so the argument about them NEEDING insane amounts of cash or somehow they can't live is beyond ridiculous.

Robbie Savage once said something like he had got used to his lifestyle so felt he should be able to continue living that way after he finished playing 🙄

20 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

You've missed my point completely here Aggy.

Any sensible person will make as much as they can in whatever career they are in, and nobody in their right mind is going to refuse massive wages, but the key point here is that whether you've earned 1k a week, 10k a week or 100k a week, if you've simply thrown the money around on flash things like Ferrari's and 10 bedroom mansions, rather than showing a modicum of restraint and put plenty away for actual retirement age (which is 65-70 and NOT 35 for 99% of the world) then you have ZERO argument about length of professional football career being a justifying reason as to why you should get 50 times more in wages than most people do in theirs.

What is to stop a footballer taking almost any 'normal' (I don't wan't to use the word 'unskilled' as I find it demeaning to hard workers) job once they stop playing? Why can't they go work in a call centre, sell cars, stack shelves in Tesco, move into coaching/punditry or hundreds of other options that don't need university degrees and plenty of experience to get???

Life doesn't stop for a footballer when they hit mid to late 30's, that's simply the end of the gravy train for top level players, but there is NOTHING to prevent them from continuing to work after the end of their playing career, and it's the suggestion that they need crazy wages due to a short playing career whilst ignoring their ability to work post this that really frustrates me.

I hear Tomas Brolin went back home and sold vacuum cleaners after the end of his football career, on probably the same wages as most average people in work, and hundreds of other former players have gone into 'normal' jobs, so the argument about them NEEDING insane amounts of cash or somehow they can't live is beyond ridiculous.

When did anyone say Pukki couldn’t get any job in the future?

Parma certainly didn’t say that. Nobody else has. Unless he perhaps turns out to be a world class manager though, he’s probably never going to earn as much as he might be able to with one final big playing move now. That’s the only point anyone has made isn’t it?

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Missing a gilt edged chance like that will hopefully put of suitors, we need him in the Championship.........

Not if he misses sitters like that we don't!!

No, that's not the point Aggy.

The argument defending these levels of wages is that players have short playing careers, which completely ignores their ability to work for another 20-30 years after up their boots, and doesn't justify why a player can earn more in a couple of years of PL level wages, than most can earn in their entire working lives.

Average UK wages are apparently around 25k a year, yet most PL level players are on at least 10k a week which equates to 520k a year which is 20 years of work compared to the UK average, so just 3 years of those wages covers a normal persons entire working life, and you don't see both the issue with this, or why claiming they need to earn so much due to short playing careers is utter drivel???

I have no issue with them earning above the average wage, they are in a skilled profession and at the top of their respective field, but that doesn't justify them claiming to need monster wages as they may only play for 10-15 years.

If we take the average UK wage, apply it for the same amount over a 45 year period (representing someone entering work at 20 and retiring at 65), that makes 1,125,000 - basically the same as 2 years of 10k a week PL wages, so where does the justifcation for the other 43 years of not needing to work come from???

I genuinely can't believe you're even trying to defend any of this tbh.

6 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

No, that's not the point Aggy.

The argument defending these levels of wages is that players have short playing careers, which completely ignores their ability to work for another 20-30 years after up their boots, and doesn't justify why a player can earn more in a couple of years of PL level wages, than most can earn in their entire working lives.

Average UK wages are apparently around 25k a year, yet most PL level players are on at least 10k a week which equates to 520k a year which is 20 years of work compared to the UK average, so just 3 years of those wages covers a normal persons entire working life, and you don't see both the issue with this, or why claiming they need to earn so much due to short playing careers is utter drivel???

I have no issue with them earning above the average wage, they are in a skilled profession and at the top of their respective field, but that doesn't justify them claiming to need monster wages as they may only play for 10-15 years.

If we take the average UK wage, apply it for the same amount over a 45 year period (representing someone entering work at 20 and retiring at 65), that makes 1,125,000 - basically the same as 2 years of 10k a week PL wages, so where does the justifcation for the other 43 years of not needing to work come from???

I genuinely can't believe you're even trying to defend any of this tbh.

Who’s trying to defend anything? I’ve got no interest if you’re just trying to cause an argument out of nothing.

All anyone has discussed is why Pukki might want to leave - because he could get a higher offer abroad, and probably the chance to earn the most he’ll ever possibly be able to earn again being one likely option suggested.

Nobody other than you has mentioned average salaries or players “needing” anything. It isn’t the players’ fault the salaries are high.

Edited by Aggy

Lineaker - £1.7m and I cant stop my payments to him!! It’s like a Ponzi scam. He was crap as a footballer and even more crap as a pundit ??