Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Time for a new beginning

With the season drawing to a conclusion let us end the inquest into this season and instead look forward to the positives of the new year

New players, the anticipation of the the pre season friendlies , the excitement of the first home game and that first away trip of the seasonĀ 

Time to end the analysis of this season and start building up the excitement for a he next

OTBC

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I was thinking the same thing.....

Hang around and keep going long enough and you get to influence others Lakey šŸ˜‰

34 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

With the season drawing to a conclusion let us end the inquest into this season and instead look forward to the positives of the new year

New players, the anticipation of the the pre season friendlies , the excitement of the first home game and that first away trip of the seasonĀ 

Time to end the analysis of this season and start building up the excitement for a he next

OTBC

Oh i nearly forgot..........

Binner !

45 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

OTBC

Come back to me six games in...

ā€œPerhaps they have not come from the best leagues but they have lots of potential,ā€ said Farke.Ā 

True to form, rubbish the players he has to work with. Before a ball is kicked.

4 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

ā€œPerhaps they have not come from the best leagues but they have lots of potential,ā€ said Farke.Ā 

nothing like the old

Ā make it up and lie about it' post

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

OTBC

WUMĀ 

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

WUMĀ 

I am cutting all negativity from my life and instead embracing a positive and loving outlook on life, I am a changed manĀ 

• Haha 2

Already being softened up that we aren't a big enough club to take on the wealthier Championship clubs. Despite benefiting from yet another relegation from the Premier League.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am cutting all negativity from my life and instead embracing a positive and loving outlook on life, I am a changed manĀ 

Does that mean Tom is the new Messiah?

15 minutes ago, NCFCInnit said:

Already being softened up that we aren't a big enough club to take on the wealthier Championship clubs. Despite benefiting from yet another relegation from the Premier League.

Was your previous point that sh*t you had to make another on the same quote straight afterwards?

26 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Does that mean Tom is the new Messiah?

Nephew Tom is a lovely young man trying to do his best for the club as is his Aunt and UncleĀ 

everyone is trying their best and for me I am very gratefulĀ 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Nephew Tom is a lovely young man trying to do his best for the club as is his Aunt and UncleĀ 

What have you been drinking?

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

What have you been drinking?

I'm not sure drink does that to people.Ā  Maybe he used to live down Argyle st.Ā  Ā and is having a flashback .Ā 

As for Tillo saying he thoughtĀ  Lakeyos accountĀ  had been hacked, it reads more like Lakeyo hacked Freddos account.Ā 

Did you ever live on Argyle st Lakeyo?

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Whatā€™s he done ?

I fully agree with OP, we have had numerous post postmortems on the PL season at the end of the day it does not get us anywhere, the owners will be the owners and the results will not be changed in the record books and we have some great young talent at the club some will be sold for top money and i look forward to the young talent we have not seen yet in the hope and expectation that some of them will break through and make their mark as others did in our promotion season. Some of the more established players will move on but i suspect most will stay and they are pretty decent at championship level. It will be nice to get back to winning more games than we lose and being a top half of the table side, it may be a bit much to expect promotion in our first season down but it cannot be discounted and lots to look forward to. Top of all i look forward to when some or all of us will get into the ground again to enjoy the game in a safe manner

• Like 1

Disagree our great young talent failed miserably to impress in PL, and transfers for silly money seem to be unlikely.Ā  Established players who have not impressed either will only move on from their contracts if someone is willing to pay and many of them only appeared fitfully in PL therefore will be staying.Ā  Top 26 forget it until and unless the fresh youngsters play out of their skin and inspire.

Two things score more concede less do we have the personnel to fulfil and that is not limited to the players the coaches will be integral a defensive failure for the last 3 years.Ā  Not confident for 20/21.

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Top 26 forget it until and unless the fresh youngsters play out of their skin and inspire.

Two things score more concede less do we have the personnel to fulfil and that is not limited to the players the coaches will be integral a defensive failure for the last 3 years.Ā  Not confident for 20/21.

I don't get how anyone can make any predictions about next season yet. So much still to happen.Ā 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Just need to get Man City out the way first. There's one more record we don't want to pick up!

Peace be upon you brother but we will be fine, no records broken this weekendĀ 

I disagree with OP. We need to make sure the lessons are not lost after such a miserable seasonĀ  I look forward to more physical players and a much better defensive record in the future.Ā 

17 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

Assuming that quote is accurate, I don't see the issue with it.

Players like Sinani have come in from fairly weak leagues and there is the obvious question as to how they'll manage the step up in difficulty and quality in the Champs, so what exactly is wrong with saying that?

Nobody is going to extort the quality of the league in Luxembourg, or how good Ligue 2 is, or if the Danish league is even close to Champs level, but that's not to say that players in those respective leagues don't show ability or real promise, which is exactly what is being stated in the quoted sentence.

Any stick and all that...

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Peace be upon you brother but we will be fine, no records broken this weekendĀ 

Have you been eating vegan?

18 hours ago, NCFCInnit said:

Wait for how many times Farke comes back to this point in the new season each time things go south - getting the new excuse narrative in early to warm folks up, when inevitably the vast majority of these these turn out to be cheap misfits out of their depth in the championship against better funded and ambitious teams (judging by the recruitment efforts of our scouting department for the last campaign in th eprem)Ā 

55 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Have you been eating a vegan?

Fixed that for you Boato.šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‰šŸ‘