Sign in to follow this  
Indy

The End of Carlton Morris

Just seen he’s loaned out to MK, looks like he’s just not developed enough to push for a place in our squad, with his age too time to move on?

Yes at his age, if he’s not going to feature surely it would have been better to let the lad go, let him move and settle into a club, loaning again starts to hinder youngsters.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes at his age, if he’s not going to feature surely it would have been better to let the lad go, let him move and settle into a club, loaning again starts to hinder youngsters.

Maybe it’s just a case of most won’t take a chance on him for a permanent contract with his injury record, and those that would are offering less than he’s getting on his Norwich contract.

Would expect him to be released at the end of his contract here.

12 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Maybe it’s just a case of most won’t take a chance on him for a permanent contract with his injury record, and those that would are offering less than he’s getting on his Norwich contract.

Would expect him to be released at the end of his contract here.

Probably, wouldn’t be surprised to see Thompson follow him out on loan then released at the end of his contract too.

Both with bags of potential but injuries have certainly blighted their development.

You need better squad players than Morris for the Championship. NCFC first XI a step too far for him but always there as backup should we slide right through to League One.

I think MK Dons is a good move. He's obviously familiar with the club. Russ will look after him. I think if he stays injury free and has a consistent run in the first team, there's no reason he can't be a championship striker.

Good luck to him 👍

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Like 1

every time he has threatened to be championship standard, he either got injured or we were in the prem.

I guess the only scenario he'd stay at us now is if he goes to MK and beasts league 1 and we don't go up. It's probably unlikely that he makes it with us though

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You need better squad players than Morris for the Championship. NCFC first XI a step too far for him but always there as backup should we slide right through to League One.

Only if we want to stay there. Unfortunately for CM, he is just not up to the level we require if we are Improving the squad year on year, he seemed to have the potential as a youngster but as said before injuries and lack of progress has hindered him. Wish him all the best for the future but probably not with us.

22 hours ago, Indy said:

Just seen he’s loaned out to MK, looks like he’s just not developed enough to push for a place in our squad, with his age too time to move on?

He needs games, simple as.  If he can stay fit and get a run in a team, no reason why he can't get up to at least championship standard. Never write people off.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He needs games, simple as.  If he can stay fit and get a run in a team, no reason why he can't get up to at least championship standard. Never write people off.

I do agree with you , the boy has talent sooner or later it will shine through

The problem with him and Thompson as above they’re now 24 & 25 respectively and due to injuries have missed out on time in the pitch to development. 

I agree they might well become dependable championship players but will need a couple years injury free by then other younger players we have will have cemented their places here.

Good luck to CM I can see Thompson joining him on loan.

It is premature to say that it is the end of him but he is in the last chance saloon regarding his footballing career, not just Norwich. he clearly has something about him but his injuries have plagued his career. I think there are something like 1000 players out of contract in England looking for a club, no club = doing a different job to pay the bills. I feel very sorry for the lad but many others will be in his position and have been in the past. since 2014 he has been loaned out to about 6 different clubs only made 130 or so appearances and scored 19 goals with a season best of 8. Football is unforgiving, the individual has to do the business or else they will be moved on. If his contract was up now he would probably be released. With so many players looking for jobs and finances in the lower leagues so difficult in this COVID world he maybe fortunate to get any job offer. This makes this loan season so important for him, he needs to play 40 odd games and do very well, if he does then he will get a contract from either us or someone else, if not he is probably looking at a job outside football

On 24/07/2020 at 12:57, Uncle Fred said:

Never got a chance really can’t be worse than that Swiss geezer

Yeah, Carlton Morris with a total of 10 mins in our first team and a career record of 19 goals in 130 odd games is bound to be a better player than a fella who has played 20 internal matches (including at two World Cup finals) and in the Champions League.

That makes sense...