Sign in to follow this  
smithy

TOLD YA 'EARNSHAW'

Earnie, Bring me goals!!!!!!!!!! See you on Sunday!!! At last something to smile ablout, come on City!!!!!!! Well done Nigel I asked for pulling rabbits out of hats and you''ve delivered. Game on Cardiff here we come!!!

Hmmm...debut will be against Ipswich. Leon mk.2 anyone? I''d put money on him scoring at least one [:D]

As a player, he seems a reasonable Ashton replacement...good age and bangs them in. As a person though, not a great fan...

[quote user="BUC in Padova"]

Hmmm...debut will be against Ipswich. Leon mk.2 anyone? I''d put money on him scoring at least one [:D]

As a player, he seems a reasonable Ashton replacement...good age and bangs them in. As a person though, not a great fan...

[/quote]could u sing the same song as mckenzie?

Just a note of caution. While I''m obviously pleased to see we''ve shown ambition by bringing in a proven goalscorer, we have paid top-dollar for him (kind of inevitable given the Ashton sale, its not like we can pretend we''re skint!)Time will tell whether it was the right decision, I''m just glad I don''t have to make such choices...I do think we will have a squad capable of challenging next season, but barring Earnie weighing in with 20 goals between now and May we have to look at the rest of this season as time to settle in the new signings and getting players like Jarrett and Etuhu (who WILL be a giant for us, mark my words) playing to their potential.In short, good job. Cost about half what we got for Ashton. Now, to all those with short memories, I''m struggling to remember the 2.5 million Sutton replacement.Lay off the board, they''re doing their job.

i remember the same excitement about signing a certain striker 12 months ago.....

He will go the same way as Ashton.. a striker without service doesnt score

jas :)