Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Wouldn't it be neat to have a kit without a sponser?

Because  meanwhile in germany.. and of course we recently had Huddersfield do the same. (Although we could do without the stupid attention 'prank' they pulled first..) just think how good our kits could look without Dafabet splashed on it.

20200724_100541.jpg

The club has just been harangued for a supposed penny-pinching approach to Premier League football and you want to further cut the income? 

We could probably do it if we upped everyone's season ticket by £100 (literally no idea if his is accurate but it would represent £2mpa - probably too much?) or something. Maybe only £50? I'm game. Suggest it to the club. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The club has just been harangued for a supposed penny-pinching approach to Premier League football and you want to further cut the income? 

We could probably do it if we upped everyone's season ticket by £100 (literally no idea if his is accurate but it would represent £2mpa - probably too much?) or something. Maybe only £50? I'm game. Suggest it to the club. 

A bond scheme proposed by Tom Smith would be better.

Not really.

As an actual fan, they can print whatever they like on the shirt if it gives my club £3m p/a.

This far outweighs any sort of 'looking prettier' for me.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go just one day without logging on to see that Cambridgeshire has had yet ANOTHER unthought-out epiphany he felt the need to share?

It's not sponsorship, it's advertising.  Companies buy advertising space and the shirt is a convenient advertising space. 

If they have to sell space on their shirts I would rather they sold smaller spaces and left the shirt be mostly free of them.  Take tennis, good looking shirts, small advertising logos. You do not need huge logos plastered on the front of the shirt as cameras pick up everything.   

Toni Nadal creates his perfect player: Roger Federer, Djokovic & Rafael  Nadal

My generation has grown up with sponsors on shirts, I don't really mind them all that much.

The only time it becomes jarring is when it fundamentally doesn't work as part of the kit as a whole. The infamous Aviva box made me hate the sponsor- the current Dafabet logo is generally low-key and most importantly they are happy for the colourways to be mixed up a bit, which most companies wouldn't allow.

The true test of it's merit will be if Duda is actually any good in that kit next season. 😂

Apples

34 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go just one day without logging on to see that Cambridgeshire has had yet ANOTHER unthought-out epiphany he felt the need to share?

Absoloutely obbsed with me, only posts you ever make.

Least ask me out on a date first 

31 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

My generation has grown up with sponsors on shirts, I don't really mind them all that much.

The only time it becomes jarring is when it fundamentally doesn't work as part of the kit as a whole. The infamous Aviva box made me hate the sponsor- the current Dafabet logo is generally low-key and most importantly they are happy for the colourways to be mixed up a bit, which most companies wouldn't allow.

Any sponser with a white square background with the sponser in it is a big no no, always looks awful

Speaking of which, when is our new shirt going to be revealed? I wasn't a big of fan of this season's. No more fades please.

I quite like the aesthetics of a good sponsor. If you're lucky, the sponsor can greatly enhance the shirt design. There's lots of examples, but here's one.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Speaking of which, when is our new shirt going to be revealed? I wasn't a big of fan of this season's. No more fades please.

We always seem to be the last team in the world to reveal our kit dont we?

3 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

I quite like the aesthetics of a good sponsor. If you're lucky, the sponsor can greatly enhance the shirt design. There's lots of examples, but here's one.

spacer.png

Talking about newcastle kits and sponsors..

GettyImages-1530091.jpg

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Absoloutely obbsed with me, only posts you ever make.

Least ask me out on a date first 

His methods might be a bit off, but he isn't wrong.

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We always seem to be the last team in the world to reveal our kit dont we?

Not sure about that.

My wife always gets me a shirt for my birthday which is early July and it's usually been out a week or so by that point (this year aside due to timings with the league etc.). Pretty sure there are many clubs that release later than that year on year.

32 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

First week of August Id heard. 

1 hour ago, South Sider said:

That’s enough Morty. 

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s enough Morty. 

Not buying this. Doesn't seem... quite right.

Thankfully. 

Edited by Flying Dutchman

It would be nice not to need sponsors but they bring in a lot of ££ so are a ‘given’ and the money is linked to coverage so will be on shirts.  ‘Aesthetically’ dafabet wasn’t as bad as a lot of horrible designs this season.

Just buy a 1960's style replica and you are done

No need to fork out £40 plus a year to walk about advertising some company - and you won't feel the 'humiliation' of not having the latest shirt

Or just wear a yellow T-shirt, and have an extra pie or pint or two .... or three 😜

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

How do you know? 

Well, I’m stood next to him and I’ve just double checked (I didn’t need to) and he has confirmed it definitely isn’t him. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Well, I’m stood next to him and I’ve just double checked (I didn’t need to) and he has confirmed it definitely isn’t him. 

Fairly damning evidence TVB