Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

On this day ten years ago a certain Grant Holt joined us..

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It’s so difficult to choose a favourite ever city player, but to have 2 of my all time favourites in the same team and create such special memories was just magic.

What a time to be a city fan watching Wes and Holty do their stuff. Holt definitely undervalued by the PL and by whoever the idiot England manager was at the time

 

Edited by Fiery Zac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*11 years ago. If you’re just going to repost information we can see on the club channels/pinkun at least read em!

Quality player though. What we would have given to have him up front this season bullying and winding up defenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WD40 said:

*11 years ago. If you’re just going to repost information we can see on the club channels/pinkun at least read em!

Quality player though. What we would have given to have him up front this season bullying and winding up defenders.

My bad. Proper footballer, or as it's called now 'brexit footballer'

 

Billy Sharp wishes he was as talented as Holt, he's just a BTEC version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it was a decade ago but him and Ricky Lambert shows what talent can be lurking in the lower division, not always got to be youngsters either, learned their trade the hard way and busting for a chance at a higher level. I admire our signings of youth but i would also like to give a chance to the odd lower league player who has a consistent record

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading Grant Holt's autobiography today (which is a very good read). He was telling the story of the Colchester 7-1 game with Theoklitos having a howler. He said that he walked out with him after the game, Theoklitos's phone rang and he dropped it 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I was reading Grant Holt's autobiography today (which is a very good read). He was telling the story of the Colchester 7-1 game with Theoklitos having a howler. He said that he walked out with him after the game, Theoklitos's phone rang and he dropped it 😂

I walked back hum from that game and spent 80% of it talking about how sh*t the keeper was and the other 20% bemoaning the fat lump centre forward we'd just signed!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2020 at 08:41, cambridgeshire canary said:

And if half our players had as much love for this club as he does we would do alright

What a legend holty was. Used to love seeing him week in week out doing his thing. Shame we can't have him again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty tippy tappy play has its place but it also exciting to watch a wide player get the ball into the box for the big centre forward to get on the end of. 9 out of 10 times Holty would be on the end of it. A decent all round footballer too. We were lucky to have had him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

A decent all round footballer too

This gets forgotten all too easily. He was a great all round player. Big but great with the ball at his feet, definitely not slow and read the game so well.
 

Legend is used too often these days but he genuinely is one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...