Sign in to follow this  
Bill

fancy dress - new rules

Lidl has said: "Wearing a face covering is the responsibility of the individual and should only be enforced by Police and council enforcement officers." "The government have stipulated that shop workers should not refuse entry to customers that are not wearing a face covering."

While shoppers will be required by law to wear face masks in supermarkets, Sainsbury's has said that it will not challenge anybody without one.    "we won’t be challenging customers without a mask when they enter or when they are in store since they may have a reason not to wear a mask."

Tesco said: "To help keep you and our colleagues safe in-store and reflect the latest government guidance, customers will be required to wear face coverings while shopping from Friday, 24 July. Face coverings will be available to purchase in-store and online (while stocks last)." Tesco has said that it won't, however, be challenging any shoppers without face masks. The supermarket said on Twitter: "Our colleagues shouldn't be challenging or refuse entry to customers visiting our stores without a facemask."

Morrisons, Asda, Waitrose and the Co-op have not commented

Environment Secretary George Eustice has suggested that it won't be mandatory for workers to wear the coverings.

So there you have it  ......... it cannot, and so will not be imposed - merely more worthless nonsense from a government desperate to be seen to be 'doing something'

Edited by Bill

Mandy Tory should he Boris's new nickname.

I will wear one because we have been asked and I do not wish to cause trouble. And trouble is going to happen.

Went to the pet supplies shop today and the shop assistant said people are already saying they will not be wearing one.

This Government is funnier than the Ballspond Road Follies.

There is the problem - this brings law into disrepute,

How would it be if you could excuse yourself from a drinking driving charge by claiming to be a registered alcoholic ?

You are required to wear a seat belt or a crash helmet. Both have to meet certain safety standards.

Whereas what we have here is that you can wear a seat belt made out of cotton, or a crash helmet made of cardboard .... if you feel like it, or not at all........................ utter nonsense !

Are there any restrictions on handling items, or any requirement to sanitise your hands before entering the shop ? Any requirement to 'safe distance'.... no.

But hey, a pretty looking bit of fancy dress will over ride all those concerns and risks

23 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Pleasing to see most people doing the right thing today. 

People will always find an excuse not to follow the rules and then blame the rules for their own stupidity.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

People will always find an excuse not to follow the rules and then blame the rules for their own stupidity.

oh dear, you haven't quite thought that through, have you ?

but thanks for the backing

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There will always be a few clowns Ricky, meanwhile the rest of us get on with doing the right thing 👍

On 23/07/2020 at 18:51, Bill said:

Morrisons, Asda, Waitrose and the Co-op have not commented

Environment Secretary George Eustice has suggested that it won't be mandatory for workers to wear the coverings.

"Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons and the Co-op are among the stores saying they will not ask staff to police the rule,"

speaking to one of the staff at Aldi's last night, the sentiment was the same. Masks on the 'shop floor' but not necessary else on the premises. And strict instructions not to approach any shoppers without a mask.

The only thing that has been universal is the condemnation from the media about the confusing and contradictory message being put out ie if this has any relevance then it should be mandatory right across the board. People sat in offices are not walking about (as in shops) for 15 minutes, or so, but are confined in that space for up to 8 hours,

It is gesture politics at it's worse - and will, and already is, causing long term harm,

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

There will always be a few clowns Ricky, meanwhile the rest of us get on with doing the right thing 👍

blimey, even hand cranks is backing me ...... from distant shores

maybe he is reading UK papers online

"If you are refusing to wear a mask because you are worried that your brain won't get enough oxygen, then don't worry, as that ship has sailed a long time ago." 

• Haha 3

Has anyone on this thread/forum mentioned being worried about wearing a mask - or even put forward a reason for that worry ?

A simple quote will suffice

Most of this nonsense originated on this side of the pond, and is crossing over there now due to the links between RWNJ's here and in the UK. Here wearing a mask has become highly politicized and fits in with the "the Government is the problem" anarchy that the Republican Party promotes - including but not limited to the President. Anti-vaccine, anti mask (because "I can't breath" - which has a nice "gotcha" embedded in it by using the very words of a victim of police violence "to own the libs") anti-Democratic Party - because the entire Covid is a conspiracy by the Dems to prevent the President being elected by destroying the American economy - and anti-science : tonight for example 55 local TV stations owned by Sinclair Broadcast will be broadcasting a program claiming that Dr Fauci, the very respected epidemiologist, created the Covid-19 virus. Add Fox News and Facebook and you have a witches brew. 

@ surfer

That is what is happening in the US - but is NOT what is happening in the UK. Here it is indifference, brought about by mixed messages and contradiction

I was in Sainsburys about an hour ago. About 2/3rds of customers wore a mask and around a half of staff, the thing I noticed while sat in the car was people fixing them over their face before entering and removing when leaving. It doesn't to be regarded as some 'common good', just an irksome imposition as,

Sit in a cafe drinking coffee 30 mins - no mask

Walk in to buy a coffee to take out 3 mins - mask needed

2 minutes in Sainsburys to buy a bottle of win - mask

2 Hours sat in a pub drinking a bottle - no mask

No one is being asked to sanitise their hands, keep to a 'safe' distance or even required to wear a mask of any minimum quality.

I suspect it will be slowly and quietly ignored by more and more sensible folk

Sadly however,  when serious action is required it will be difficult for most to distinguish between what is truth, and what is yet more government lies and misinformation

Edited by Bill

oh dear

All travellers returning from Spain to UK to quarantine from midnight

Scotland’s first minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has said that people returning to any part of the UK from Spain will have to quarantine from midnight.

“Spain will be removed from the list of countries exempt from quarantine requirements due to an increased number of cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in the last few days,” Scotland’s government said in a statement.

“The decision, also made by the devolved administrations in Northern Ireland and Wales as well as the UK Government, has been made to reduce the risk of the transmission of the virus by those travelling from Spain,” it added.

On 25/07/2020 at 07:33, Bill said:

"If you are refusing to wear a mask because you are worried that your brain won't get enough oxygen, then don't worry, as that ship has sailed a long time ago." 

Has anyone on this thread/forum mentioned being worried about wearing a mask - or ever put forward a reason for that worry ?

A simple quote will suffice

any update on this ?

if not, a few words on Spain where fancy dress has been mandatory

To ensure the government sticks to a clear and definite line on fancy dress....... Fat boy has changed his mind yet again

Air bridges are not safe and a half million UK citizens will now have to quarantine for 14 days - though if they have been sat having a few drinks in Leicester or any other 'hotspots they can return and carry on without a check..... no risk there

Still, at least with all this decisiveness it will all be over by Christmas as Fatboy previously said ..... unsurprisingly not, as the useless gut bucket has changed his mind on that one as well.

Ah, I hear you say, Bill will be claiming to be a lone voice crying out in the dark

Nope, every form of media I have seen, heard or read has been consistent in pointing out the contradictions and confusion.... so much so that now

"More than half of the UK does not trust the government’s advice on when it is safe to return to work, school and leisure activities, a new poll suggests."

And I would suggest that figure will continue to rise after the latest fiasco over Spanish holidays

By peddling misleading nonsense the government is eroding the trust of the populace, something that is storing up problems for the future. Serious problems, that will be seen when it is found that no one is listening.....

....... just when they need to be listening.

Edited by Bill

On 26/07/2020 at 10:43, Herman said:

Bill's going shopping.

Burglars Matthew Allan McNelly and Joey Lee Miller drew masks and ...

Herman lying..... again

as this comment of mine from 14th July demonstrates

"I am not objecting to others wearing a mask, nor if a shop required me to - their business, their rules

What I am pointing out is the inconsistencies and about turns"

and curiously enough I have been proven correct.... yet again

Edited by Bill

I don't think a clear and obvious stupid joke can be classed as a lie. But ho hum.....

• Haha 1

first rule of comedy is relevance

second rule, no repeats

third rule is avoid repetition

2 hours ago, Bill said:

as this comment of mine from 14th July demonstrates

"I am not objecting to others wearing a mask, nor if a shop required me to - their business, their rules

What I am pointing out is the inconsistencies and about turns"

and curiously enough I have been proven correct.... yet again

about turns, you say Bill

well I've had a word in Fat boys ear, and he's now going to say it will only have to be 10 days, but that must include the Canaries and the Balearic Isles

You do know that you can wear a mask AND still think that the government are the most incompetent bunch of ****wits ever to disgrace parliament?! 

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

You do know that you can wear a mask AND still think that the government are the most incompetent bunch of ****wits ever to disgrace parliament?! 

Not if you’re pig headed.......😉🐷

Edited by Van wink

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Oh dear lord. My first look at this thread. Now I need to put my head in a bucket of cold water for a few hours.

Did you wear a mask and thoroughly disinfect the bucket?

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Did you wear a mask and thoroughly disinfect the bucket?

No, because that might have meant I survived the experience...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Ah, I hear you say, Bill will be claiming to be a lone voice crying out in the dark

Thankfully I have double glazing.👍

and ear plugs

1 hour ago, Herman said:

you can always check what folk do before spouting off

here’s a clue - posted a fortnight ago

but don't let facts get in the way of misrepresenting my views, or more importantly my actions

and given that it hasn't before. perhaps it was a bit over optimistic to expect these old duffers to change this time round 🦽⚰️

Edited by Bill
  • Haha 2