cambridgeshire canary

Dennis Man will NOT be joining us

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-dennis-man-transfer-update-1-6759223

Thank god for that, his agents, club and board members seemed nuts. Going on about his having offered them 9M and it wasn't enough, about us offering 20m bonuses blah blah blah.. bunch of lying weirdos 

Don’t think it has anything to do with the player’s agent. The owner is trying to extract the maximum value for his player and knowing he’s unlikely to do much business with Norwich in the future he doesn’t mind annoying the club. 

I’m sure when it comes to Norwich selling one of their best players they will make sure just enough information makes the press to try and push up the value. 

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-dennis-man-transfer-update-1-6759223

Thank god for that, his agents, club and board members seemed nuts. Going on about his having offered them 9M and it wasn't enough, about us offering 20m bonuses blah blah blah.. bunch of lying weirdos 

This kind it approach/attitude will put everyone off and they will be left with a player very unhappy that no one wants.

Feels like some people are over reacting to be honest. I'm sure he's a talent, but £15m for a guy playing in the Romanian Liga 1 (which has 14 teams) and a few international and Europa league appearances would be a huge risk.

If you over-pay for a player and they don't settle or it doesn't work out then you're left with an expensive flop.

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

This kind it approach/attitude will put everyone off and they will be left with a player very unhappy that no one wants.

Yeah im not sure they've played the smartest of cards here but we will see.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah im not sure they've played the smartest of cards here but we will see.

Feel sorry for the player, this could scupper a really good move for him.

I'm sure some club will play the game but not at the money at their owner seems to think he can get.

11 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Feel sorry for the player, this could scupper a really good move for him.

I'm sure some club will play the game but not at the money at their owner seems to think he can get.

How do you know that they are over pricing him , we will want £25 million for Cantwell who has achieved what exactly .

7 minutes ago, City 101 said:

How do you know that they are over pricing him , we will want £25 million for Cantwell who has achieved what exactly .

How could you possibly know that we want £25m for Cantwell? You seem guilty of reading over many PinkUn evaluations.

For a youngster (very) he has also achieved quite a bit at the highest level.

Are you yet another binner? They seem to abound on here since our relegation and it's always detectable by bitter, sour grape type comments.

I'm no Matthew Hopkins, but my sense of smell hasn't deserted me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

priced out of it again... back to the model of taking less proven punts for less money

Oh dear really? 

You think we should throw nearly 15 million quid on a player totally unproven in a top league? 

27 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Played a season in Europe's best league and shown huge signs of potential.

That's what exactly. Now back to banging your head on a wall. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Scored as many goals this season as Jack Grealish who as everybody knows is worth of every penny of £75 million!!

• Like 1

It seems this one was perhaps the first choice of a list of options, it couldn't be done and now Placheta who might have been second on a long list of scouted potential players has been signed. I think its likely the Owner is just flexing his muscles a bit to save face and keep his fans on board, I doubt Webber cares much and neither should we really. I do feel for Mann though, unless a bigger club is lined up anyway, it would have been a good moved for him.

Also,  as said above 'Cantwell has achieved what exactly'... don't make me laugh, he's scored 8 goals for the bottom side in the best league in the world. He's young, he's english. He's actually done more at a higher level than Maddison had, before he went for £23 million (which was a bargain) so we can use that as the barometer.

52 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Played a season at a young age in the widely regarded best league in the world and scored what, 6 or 7 goals from midfield and got a few assists in a bottom-of-the-table team?

Jonathan Wilson mentioned Becali a bit in his book Behind The Curtain. Definitely a bit shady. Webber's done the right thing in staying the hell away there.

34 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Jonathan Wilson mentioned Becali a bit in his book Behind The Curtain. Definitely a bit shady. Webber's done the right thing in staying the hell away there.

Hard to say Webber 'stayed the hell away' when he flew to Romania to meet him to discuss a transfer for Man.

If you want to sign a player you can't choose who the owner is. Obviously Becali's behaviour is crazy (and he is an abhorrent person) but if Norwich feel Man is the right player they should pursue it, as long as it makes financial sense. At the moment it seems Becali is trying to kick off a bidding war, or trying to look strong in front of the fans (not that I think he cares much about them). Monaco and Feynoord have both been interested in signing Man recently so there is some potential to drive his price up.

I suspect Norwich have walked away, but are still keeping one eye on the situation. 

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Hard to say Webber 'stayed the hell away' when he flew to Romania to meet him to discuss a transfer for Man.

If you want to sign a player you can't choose who the owner is. Obviously Becali's behaviour is crazy (and he is an abhorrent person) but if Norwich feel Man is the right player they should pursue it, as long as it makes financial sense. At the moment it seems Becali is trying to kick off a bidding war, or trying to look strong in front of the fans (not that I think he cares much about them). Monaco and Feynoord have both been interested in signing Man recently so there is some potential to drive his price up.

I suspect Norwich have walked away, but are still keeping one eye on the situation. 

He's stayed away in terms of being dragged into a bidding war, although that's a fair point which I didn't make clear beforehand. I just think there was a lot of potential for overpaying for a very unproven player at our level, and we've probably got someone in Placheta who was far better value.

That was what I meant. He's walked away from someone trying to push a deal into what could potentially be great for him in particular, but not so much for Norwich.

The Romania u21 whent to the finale in the europen cup last year. There are some rely good players in the team. 

I dont know enything aboute the new polish signing, but im a bit disepontet we did not sign Man

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Most homophobic person in Romania award?

To be fair he was up against some bloody strong opposition on that front.

11 minutes ago, Ivana_rubyatitz said:

To be fair he was up against some bloody strong opposition on that front.

Unfortunately, you could also say the same about Poland. Catholic notions of "family values" are still pretty pervasive there.

42 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Obviously Becali's behaviour is crazy (and he is an abhorrent person)

Did you happen to see what the Romanian FA have made him do as punishment for his comments along the lines of "Women have no place in football"? He got a 4 month suspension, think he got a fine too, and he is being forced to set up a women's team🤣

• Like 1