Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

What about the fans, Jurgen?

Well done, Liverpool, but not a single word about the fans from the manager, the captain or the other player interviewed tonight.  You would think there would be a thought for fans not being in the stadium to celebrate, after all, as it said on a big banner at Old Trafford - "football is nothing without fans".  

Someone should tell Jurgen and his team. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

You would think there would be a thought for fans not being in the stadium to celebrate,

Not really as they were all outside again attempting to ensure a second spike of Covid 19 on Merseyside.

• Like 2

1. I do not care about Liverpool, klopp or their fans ...never have never will. Same as they do not care about us...

2. See no.1

• Like 2

They’re thinking of their fans by winning the league. Pity our players couldn’t think of the fans more to motivate them the last 8 games since lockdown:

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

They’re thinking of their fans by winning the league. Pity our players couldn’t think of the fans more to motivate them the last 8 games since lockdown:

So why not mention them? What is celebrating in an empty stadium all about?  It's like some weird dystopian film.

And I can't believe that anyone really thinks our players were not motivated enough or not trying hard enough. It is drummed into the players how fortunate they are to be able to play for us and they have all mentioned when interviewed how much they value the fans and are missing them - and they get rewarded with comments like this. They were not good enough for reasons discussed plenty of times on here and "lack of motivation" does not really come into it.  Loss of confidence and belief maybe, injuries to CB's, individual mistakes, but not lack of motivation.  Pretty insulting to the players to say that imo.

39 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Are you available for children’s parties? 

• Haha 4

He probably didn't mention them as yet again they've embarrassed themselves by proving they can't behave.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Do you live in Cuckoo land?. Most players pay lip service to the fans, they didnt 'win it for the fans,' they won it for themselves . The odd one will care, the rest will be preoccupied with their careers , cars and property portfolios......paid for by the fans.  Just as some fans dont really give a shoite about the Club they claim to support, they just want to have bragging rights, or to feel 'part of something'. ....hence the dismay at our almost completely predictable season.

Nuttyo summed it up nicely ' one city strong has,left the buliding'.

Id go as far as to say ' one city fragile'.  Judging by some of the posts on here the last few weeks.  

So LDC has a moan about Liverpool who have just won the League by a mile.

Meanwhile, he only has praise for the Club that is currently 75 points behind them.

• Like 4

“Speaking to fans in a special message, he said: "I really hope our fans know we mean it when we say it is for you. It is 100% for you.”

If you don’t see that we don’t do it for you, I can’t help you,” Klopp said Sky Sports when asked to send a message to the fans. Five years ago I asked you to change from doubters to believers and the second before the press conference I had no idea that anybody would ask it. And you did it! You made us happen, really. Thank you very much. We should all celebrate at home, safe, but prepare for a party in I don’t know when, but when this bulls*** virus is gone then we will have a party all together, make sure you are ready!”

What we tried to make clear for the people is that we really do it for them," Klopp said. "We celebrate here alone but we know that at the moment, everyone [the Liverpool fans] is celebrating at home. It's a great moment, absolutely great moment."”

Edited by Aggy

32 minutes ago, Aggy said:

“Speaking to fans in a special message, he said: "I really hope our fans know we mean it when we say it is for you. It is 100% for you.”

If you don’t see that we don’t do it for you, I can’t help you,” Klopp said Sky Sports when asked to send a message to the fans. Five years ago I asked you to change from doubters to believers and the second before the press conference I had no idea that anybody would ask it. And you did it! You made us happen, really. Thank you very much. We should all celebrate at home, safe, but prepare for a party in I don’t know when, but when this bulls*** virus is gone then we will have a party all together, make sure you are ready!”

What we tried to make clear for the people is that we really do it for them," Klopp said. "We celebrate here alone but we know that at the moment, everyone [the Liverpool fans] is celebrating at home. It's a great moment, absolutely great moment."”

Fair enough and maybe I was a bit harsh, but that was not on the motd interview - maybe in the press conference? I just thought the celebrations would be tempered by the fact there were no fans in there. There on the middle of the pitch, wildly celebrating in an empty stadium, no mention of the fans, just seemed a bit odd.

2 hours ago, Making Plans said:

So LDC has a moan about Liverpool who have just won the League by a mile.

Meanwhile, he only has praise for the Club that is currently 75 points behind them.

Norwich City fan in supporting their own team and not another team shocker...........

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Well done, Liverpool, but not a single word about the fans from the manager, the captain or the other player interviewed tonight.  You would think there would be a thought for fans not being in the stadium to celebrate, after all, as it said on a big banner at Old Trafford - "football is nothing without fans".  

Someone should tell Jurgen and his team. 

Blimey. Who's p1ssed on your chips?

OTBC

I actually think players and clubs are now starting to get used and quite enjoy playing behind closed doors. 

I have watched quite a bit of TV football recently and the intensity is right up there again.  Even 2nd half against Burnley we defended the best we have done for much of the season. 

I also watched the Liverpool trophy presentation - the players couldn't have been more pleased. I watched the post match Barnsley celebrations - they were beside themselves with joy.

Players don't need fans as much you think.

I do agree that Liverpool fans are amongst the worst in the country - and by that I mean their 'small minority' of idiots is a larger minority than with other clubs - and probably a more idiotic minority too.

However, they are so universally hated by the country, I think it understandable that a bit of an 'us vs them' mentality has formed (as with Leeds) which even the more level-headed fans probably get caught up in.

The whole thing becomes a vicious circle, imagine if the entire nation was wishing our team to fail and for the fans to suffer, mocking us for our past failings (Gerrard slip) etc - and then we end up winning something we'd be waiting 29 years for. I think a lot of our fan base would feel the need to rub some noses in it.

So fair play to them imo, they probably deserve their moment for the most part.

Obviously this doesn't excuse the breaking of lockdown rules etc, but with pubs back for weeks now and normality resuming I think it is pretty easy for them to justify gathering outside and celebrating.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Fair enough and maybe I was a bit harsh, but that was not on the motd interview - maybe in the press conference? I just thought the celebrations would be tempered by the fact there were no fans in there. There on the middle of the pitch, wildly celebrating in an empty stadium, no mention of the fans, just seemed a bit odd.

The players have probably dreamed of winning the prem their whole lives, train hard day in day out, and put in a lot of effort the whole season. Why should their moment be tempered because the fans aren’t there?

A Sunday league side I used to play for won back to back promotions, and won the league for the second promotion. There were no fans. We still celebrated. Imagine ramping that up to a premier league title where you need a bit more commitment than rocking up half cut on a Sunday morning and an occasional mid week training session when the astro isn’t fully booked.

As has been said, it is probably a minority, about 1,000,000, Liverpool fans who let the club down.

I am including the majority of people in Cornwall who purport to support them even though they have no connection other than they were at the top of the table when they started following football. And yet they see fine to take the mickey at NCFC.

I can take a Binner for example taking it now as we deserve it right now. But some hoot toot who has never been to a match in their life does my head in.

What I will say for Liverpool fans at games is that they are loyal, noisy and have a belief in their team. Unlike the Manure ones who criticise so much.

I expect there would have been an element among our fans if the same had happened.

Let the scousers enjoy their moment.....They will have their work cut out next season in an attempt to retain it.....

33 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Let the scousers enjoy their moment.....They will have their work cut out next season in an attempt to retain it.....

You mean like we did

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I actually think players and clubs are now starting to get used and quite enjoy playing behind closed doors. 

I have watched quite a bit of TV football recently and the intensity is right up there again.  Even 2nd half against Burnley we defended the best we have done for much of the season. 

I also watched the Liverpool trophy presentation - the players couldn't have been more pleased. I watched the post match Barnsley celebrations - they were beside themselves with joy.

Players don't need fans as much you think.

Well this is a worry.

Are we really now just spectators and critics? Are 'supporters' another in a long list of things lost to the EPL age?

It's a real worry for our club. I honestly can't see where over 20,000 spectators and critics would buy season tickets except perhaps in the PL.

If supporters make no difference then I'm out.

It was just an observation Nutty, I think players are now coming to terms with it. Also I'm not saying it hasn't influenced some results for example had Brentford had a full house last night they might well be celebrating promotion now.

I'll also add I haven't spent one penny on Sky Sports / BT etc all free to air or (dodgy) streaming, I and don't intend to. I suspect there are 1000s like me. 

Stadiums will be open again, partly or in whole, as soon as Govt gives the go ahead and players can start getting used to the encouragement and abuse again! Football isn't viable without fans on the terraces.