Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Will the FA and EPL turn a blind eye ?

I am sure they said points penalties and heavy fines for any clubs where the fans gathered outside the ground ? I am sure they also said games would be stopped and awarded to the opposition ?

Maybe I misunderstood ? As thousands are gathered allegedly outside Anfield, Elland Road, Griffin Park, Hawthorns.

An opportunity to show they practice what they preach, but it won’t happen.  Look at when Liverpool sealed it, and also when Leeds sealed promotion. Barely a mention from the FA/Leagues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

Is it a police matter outside the ground rather than Fa?

Probably but I am sure ( I will stand to be corrected ) the FA said games would be abandoned, teams deducted points and massive fines.

The statement from Leeds United says that the reason they did it, was to encourage fans to go home safely!

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-release-statement-addressing-open-top-bus-celebration-elland-road-2921542?fbclid=IwAR1O7aEJbKkX6SQxL38xpjBTAh-0m2v4182Wfy_JN6V1WK7JcxA7GYpPZPE

Edited by norfolkbroadslim

Double standards, as it's the mighty Liverpool and Leeds, how the premiership ever survived without Liverpool winning it and Leeds being in it I don't know. 

The road around Elland Road was closed from early yesterday with barriers so fans couldn't get as close as last week, what more could or should they have done?

Just give them each a 55pt penalty starting next season. Should bring the message home not to disobey the advice given.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Well b back said:

I am sure they said points penalties and heavy fines for any clubs where the fans gathered outside the ground ? I am sure they also said games would be stopped and awarded to the opposition ?

Maybe I misunderstood ? As thousands are gathered allegedly outside Anfield, Elland Road, Griffin Park, Hawthorns.

The points deductions or fines for clubs was never actually made into a rule. It was a suggested idea when using neutral venues was also considered. 

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:
9 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

The road around Elland Road was closed from early yesterday with barriers so fans couldn't get as close as last week, what more could or should they have done?

They could have got on an open top bus and encouraged people onto the streets. Whoops they did, there just happened to be an open top bus parked at Elland Road which thousands of fans guessed was going to drive round the streets. It’s a bit like driving a car in a dangerous manner, it’s not you you necessarily kill, and if you do it’s your risk, but the the people you pass the virus to who haven’t made that decision, or the businesses shut down if things like this cause a second wave.

If you are turning a blind eye to this, why not just allow people back into stadiums ? I don’t see any difference, you would be no further away from fellow spectators. And as far as Liverpool go they are demanding the government are held to account and an enquiry as to why the Athletico game was allowed to take place, yet then criticise the same government that tried to stop them gathering.

The club did consult the police and the council beforehand though, given what occurred in Leeds at the weekend I think it went as well as could be expected because there is no way you can stop it in the same way that literally 000's of raves and house parties have taken place throughout the country recently without being stopped.   

I thought this was goiung to be about Bournemouth returning to the EFL - last time in, weren't they accused of breaking FFP rules??