cambridgeshire canary

Former Norwich player busy training with Ipswich..

I noticed that.

We might well do  with him as no.2,  but only if Oxborough and Mair are not deemed ready.

Rudd has been pretty good at Bolton ... did he play with credit against us two seasons ago? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

I noticed that.

We might well do  with him as no.2,  but only if Oxborough and Mair are not deemed ready.

Rudd has been pretty good at Bolton ... did he play with credit against us two seasons ago? 

Thought Declan Rudd was at Preston. He withstood quite the barrage at Deepdale when they beat us 3-1. Remi was in goal for Bolton when we beat them 4-0 at the Macron.

Yep.

PNE.   Soz.

Why did that original report mention Bolton as he was never there. Or was he?

He could still do better than ITFC though.  Graveyard.

Edited by BroadstairsR

43 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Thought Declan Rudd was at Preston. He withstood quite the barrage at Deepdale when they beat us 3-1. Remi was in goal for Bolton when we beat them 4-0 at the Macron.

Yeah I was at both games and both keepers played really well, pretty sure Remi was credited by the Bolton fans for keeping it to 4.

28 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yep.

PNE.   Soz.

Why did that original report mention Bolton as he was never there. Or was he?

He could still do better than ITFC though.  Graveyard.

How silly. I'm on about Declan  Rudd.

Remi at NCFC ....not quite.

Declan? Wouldn't mind.

Remi won't be coming back, Farke gave him a chance and he just looked so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Remi won't be coming back, Farke gave him a chance and he just looked so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

Not just that, some of those sorties off his line were never convincing either. As a shot-stopper, Matthews was very good, but he was too one-dimensional to really hack it consistently at Championship or Premiership level as other facets of his game were creaky.

Tbf he's got good experience in both Championship and League One relegation battles. Right up their street. 

Another traitorous **** I suspect his career will go the same way as that other **** adeyemi who also did the unthinkable 

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Another traitorous **** I suspect his career will go the same way as that other **** adeyemi who also did the unthinkable 

Bit harsh. 

He's unemployed and an employer in his local area is thinking about giving him a job.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, king canary said:

Out of Rudd, Steer, Lewis, and Matthews it is Jed Steer who would be the most suitable to our style of football. 

We are good at producing these decent keepers though aren't we. Even during our academies long barren spell we could still churn out a keeper. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Certainly wouldnt begrudge him going there....this is hardly in the same league as what andy marshall did

...with the club all through the youth system,played about 4 or 5 seasons as our first choice and then ,despite knowing the history, opted to join them on a free when he had other options.

..best thing was that they never accepted him and hated him there too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Certainly wouldnt begrudge him going there....this is hardly in the same league as what andy marshall did

...with the club all through the youth system,played about 4 or 5 seasons as our first choice and then ,despite knowing the history, opted to join them on a free when he had other options.

..best thing was that they never accepted him and hated him there too

He had a torrid time there. They never accepted him because of his City upbringing and the abuse caused his confidence to collapse, which made matters worse.

He was a very decent 'keeper though in my memory. However, I seem to recall that although a great shot stopper his command of his area was a weakness, especially at set pieces.

He went on to carve out a decent career and became a stalwart in the lower leagues, but did the binners no favours apparently.

I prefer to call him agent (Ian) Marshall.

This goalkeeping history is very confusing for a wet brain like mine.

There's also David Marshall along with Rudd, Steer and Matthews to work through. Let's that hope that Oxborough or Mair don't join them in the list of also rans.

Yes. We have a certain history of producing decent pro goalkeepers and it clouds the memory. Only one went on (notoriously) to represent England and that was Green. Did John Ruddy get a game once perhaps?

Yes Ruddy = one cap in 2012.

Edited by BroadstairsR

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bit harsh. 

He's unemployed and an employer in his local area is thinking about giving him a job

Not only that but we decided he wasn't good enough to play for us. 

Are we also in a position to dictate who he plays for. 

Best of luck to him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

There's also David Marshall along with Rudd, Steer and Matthews to work through. Let's that hope that Oxborough or Mair don't join them in the list of also rans.

David Marshall came through at Celtic, played 50 games for them and was 22/23 when he signed for us, so not one for that list. 

Joe Lewis needs to go in your list though if you are thinking of keepers that came through at Norwich. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

They had problems with both goalkeepers this season didn't they? Remi would probably be a decent move for them and for him in all honesty.

• Like 1

I wouldn't take this badly - Remi was one of those players who didn't progress quite as quickly as the club did. He had his chance and fell a little short. He's more like Arran Lee-Barrett rather than Andy Marshall.