Midlands Yellow

What’s everyone’s pre match routines for games at Carrow road.

We always set off around 8am from Leicester to allow time to find whatever digs we’ve booked and get a first beer In by 11am sharp. It’s always so pleasant walking into the city centre from new angles and taking in what a special place Norwich is. First stop is always the Murderers on Timber hill and then inching slowly towards the ground with several more stops at fine watering holes. 

Post match whatever the result is a slow trek to Tolmbland for a last few drinks and then finally eat. Is it an age thing or not living in Norwich but that cathedral, castle and beauty in general are more appreciated on each visit. 

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We always set off around 8am from Leicester to allow time to find whatever digs we’ve booked and get a first beer In by 11am sharp. It’s always so pleasant walking into the city centre from new angles and taking in what a special place Norwich is. First stop is always the Murderers on Timber hill and then inching slowly towards the ground with several more stops at fine watering holes. 

Post match whatever the result is a slow trek to Tolmbland for a last few drinks and then finally eat. Is it an age thing or not living in Norwich but that cathedral, castle and beauty in general are more appreciated on each visit. 

You know Murderers is run by a Binner, don't you? 

And it's not an age or distance thing, I'm a millennial living in Norwich and grew up 5 miles away and I still walk around the city centre and just think "this place is incredible". 

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You know Murderers is run by a Binner, don't you? 

And it's not an age or distance thing, I'm a millennial living in Norwich and grew up 5 miles away and I still walk around the city centre and just think "this place is incredible". 

So I’ve read! Great pub though. 

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So I’ve read! Great pub though. 

It is indeed. Putting TVs above the urinals was a winner. We took a couple of clients there in January for pre drinks before Middletons and were serenaded by a tramp on crack with a guitar. It was a bit awkward until I introduced him to the clients as my boss's Dad.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It is indeed. Putting TVs above the urinals was a winner. We took a couple of clients there in January for pre drinks before Middletons and were serenaded by a tramp on crack with a guitar. It was a bit awkward until I introduced him to the clients as my boss's Dad.

They even had goal nets in at one time to make urinating even more exciting. 

The three times I've been to CR this season it's been the same routine.....run up the stairs at 2.55 just in time for kick off, having only just got to Norwich in time after getting stuck in traffic somewhere en route. Didn't miss a minute of any of them though, how, I'll never know. 

Just now, lake district canary said:

The three times I've been to CR this season it's been the same routine.....run up the stairs at 2.55 just in time for kick off, having only just got to Norwich in time after getting stuck in traffic somewhere en route. Didn't miss a minute of any of them though, how, I'll never know. 

Thought you popped into the Premier Inn opposite the Complete Angler? Do you stop over  when attending home matches Lakey? 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I hope you were wearing your Fitbit just in case.

You seem to have avery big heart for NCFC, but does that cope with running up a load of steep terracing?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Thought you popped into the Premier Inn opposite the Complete Angler? Do you stop over  when attending home matches Lakey? 

I try to pop into the Nelson after the match but whether I stay over depends where I'm going to afterwards, or where I've come from and whether the other half comes with me.  We've stayed at the Travelodge just off the POWR a few times and the one at Acle....only the best for us! 🤦‍♂️

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I hope you were wearing your Fitbit just in case.

You seem to have avery big heart for NCFC, but does that cope with running up a load of steep terracing?

It's not so bad, but I use the word "running" advisedly!

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I try to pop into the Nelson after the match but whether I stay over depends where I'm going to afterwards, or where I've come from and whether the other half comes with me.  We've stayed at the Travelodge just off the POWR a few times and the one at Acle....only the best for us! 🤦‍♂️

I’ve done Dunston Hall and the Maids head! Obviously on offer though. 

Pre.

Run round work in the hope I make the chip shop. 

Get chips. Eat chips. Have lots of coffee. Shower. Leave house at 2.40 full of optimism.

Watch the game. Laugh as people half way up the city stand sing theyre in the snakepit.

Post. 

Head to The Rose for a couple of beers and celebrate/moan about the game.

Home for tea.

More beer somewhere out if we've won but at home sulking if we haven't!

13 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Back to being called The Freemasons Arms these days, I am a Lakenham boy and I never called it anything else 😀.............

Quite right !

I go in the Kings Arms opposite pre match . You can take fish and chips in . Meet brother in law and a couple of mates and our sons if they’re home . Great choice of beer , have several pints , always come out far more optimistic 😀 . That stuff is magic . Then that great walk down by the old city walls , and Carrow Road appears below ...... bloody magnificent. Gets me every time . 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Quite right !

I go in the Kings Arms opposite pre match . You can take fish and chips in . Meet brother in law and a couple of mates and our sons if they’re home . Great choice of beer , have several pints , always come out far more optimistic 😀 . That stuff is magic . Then that great walk down by the old city walls , and Carrow Road appears below ...... bloody magnificent. Gets me every time . 

Had many a pint in the Kings Arms, great little boozer........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB
  • Like 1

Hit riverside about 3 hourS before kick of meet mates and get as much beer down as we can before leaving pub with 10 mins to go. 

why do some people do it another way????

36 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Hit riverside about 3 hourS before kick of meet mates and get as much beer down as we can before leaving pub with 10 mins to go. 

Then you spend the whole game going to have a pee

Arrive at the ground just before 11am as i take ' Er indoors to work in TOTT then drive back home before walking to the city and meeting friends in The Edith Cavell on Tombland at 1pm. After the game walk to The Lollards Pit and wait for ' Er Indoors to join me after she finishes work for a couple and then walk through the Cathedral grounds to either The Wig & Pen or back to The Edith Cavell for a night cap before getting a taxi home around 10pm.

9 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Because they're  not Pi$$heads?

15 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Gunn club, scampi and chips and a refreshing pint of something cold 

You have got over that period when they were serving up goujons then ?

Try to get to Norwich 2 hours before kick off, go for a fry up, read EDP,  go into William Hill for a bet on the score - won once this season, and get to Carrow Road just before kick off.

19 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

Quite right !

Did there used to be a pub on the right as you start the walk down?

Take loads of class a drugs. 

Hire a lady. 

Sniff my own pants. 

Turn up drunk. 

Fight the world. 

Then come on the pink in forum and moan that we didn't get it forward.