TheGoogler

Congratulations Tim Krul

An almost solitary shining light in an otherwise dark season and a worthy winner of the player of the season award. 

Todd Cantwell and Alex Tettey take second and third place respectively. Hard to argue with any of those awards 

Edited by TheGoogler
  • Like 4

Think they're the only three who I would give a higher mark than 6/10 or above to be honest. Onel would probably have been up there if he'd have played more. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Think they're the only three who I would give a higher mark than 6/10 or above to be honest. Onel would probably have been up there if he'd have played more. 

6 out of 10! That's generous. My average for this season would have been a 3

Thoroughly deserved and the one player who definitely should be attracting bids but probably will not. I am hoping he is happy after his Newcastle out on loan later career and will stay.

Congrats to Tim, our best player this season by a country mile. Really hope he stays with us, though I’m sure there will be interest from other clubs, has a young family so I hope they’re nicely settled here. 

Of all the players people are getting worried about leaving, I think this is the one I fear the most. Superb goalkeeper and great character. Thoroughly deserves this award so congratulations Tim.

24 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

6 out of 10! That's generous. My average for this season would have been a 3

My average woukd probably be close to three too, but I'd give Krul an 8, Cantwell a 7 and Tettey a 6.

19 minutes ago, ec-p said:

Congrats to Tim, our best player this season by a country mile. Really hope he stays with us, though I’m sure there will be interest from other clubs, has a young family so I hope they’re nicely settled here. 

At least Watford going down puts Ben Foster on the market

It sickens me to remember the the total and unfair abuse from certain quarters that TK got early on  .... just because he had a few shaky moments.

Where are those detractors now?

A big character and has proved himself on the pitch, very few errors, even compared to last season. The Arsenal mistake was a surprise and they can all be forgiven for one error.    Made the number one short his own with such good performances every week and did not give Fahrmann a sniff of a chance to take his place. 

Deserves POTS for that penalty shoot out alone!

Thoroughly deserved and despite all the goals conceded is Premier League quality.

Our last goalkeeper to win POTS was Andy Marshall in 2001.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Thoroughly deserved and despite all the goals conceded is Premier League quality.

Our last goalkeeper to win POTS was Andy Marshall in 2001.

That must have been a bad season then......was that the Hamilton season?

34 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

That must have been a bad season then......was that the Hamilton season?

Yep, although Worthy replaced him about half through.

Surely there was only ever going to be one winner this season ? Well done and thoroughly deserved.

Totally agreed, and nice to see Cantwell's emergence didn't go unseen either. I have to admit, I thought he'd be on loan again, but he made the leap and was one of the few who didn't look like a fish out of water in the Premiership, although as you'd expect in a team that finished bottom, he did have a fair few spells where he wasn't as effective as he could have been.

I still strongly suspect that bringing Fährmann in on loan gave Krul a big kick up the rear though, as it became clear Matthews was on the way out due to not being convincing and McGovern was never likely to push Krul so hard as a serious rival to the number 1 shirt. But the Krul of Newcastle days was certainly back. Whilst he's not the youngest, it would be nice to see if he gets a Dutch cap again (not too likely, but you never know) as another little reward for what's been a good season for him.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

A big character and has proved himself on the pitch, very few errors, even compared to last season. The Arsenal mistake was a surprise and they can all be forgiven for one error.    Made the number one short his own with such good performances every week and did not give Fahrmann a sniff of a chance to take his place. 

Deserves POTS for that penalty shoot out alone!

I completely agree with you for once😚

Ironically didn't Carlos Nash win pots ,because on pink un they were saying all the goalkeepers who won it and they did not say him.